U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 11:30 PM

64 posts, read 735,427 times

Advertisements

Which of these cities is "nicer"? I know that Rocklin is about 1/3 the size which is nice. Home prices/rent is relatively cheap in these 2 cities right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 11:55 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,358,054 times
Both are nice and roughly comparable in quality. Although Rocklin is probably more homogeneous in being a primarily desirable area. Whereas Roseville may have areas that are considered less desirable.

Roseville has a lot more industries and commerce, it's overall a real city while Rocklin is simply just a bedroom community.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacramento916 View Post
Both are nice and roughly comparable in quality. Although Rocklin is probably more homogeneous in being a primarily desirable area. Whereas Roseville may have areas that are considered less desirable.

Roseville has a lot more industries and commerce, it's overall a real city while Rocklin is simply just a bedroom community.
are Rose and Rock 2 cities that are ideal for 1st time home buyers, in your opinion?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:52 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,358,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp31 View Post
are Rose and Rock 2 cities that are ideal for 1st time home buyers, in your opinion?
Yes. I would consider either city a desirable area. Though there are some areas in Roseville which are better than others.

I'm a realtor, so if you need any help, don't hesitate to message me.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:54 AM

43 posts, read 68,161 times
Rocklin and Roseville are similar. Rocklin has better schools, but Roseville has better community amenities, especially parks, and more retail. Home prices are also pretty similar depending on which community you're considering. East Roseville and East/Central Rocklin homes tend to be a little more expensive than West Roseville/West Rocklin homes, although Morgan Creek was selling between $500-800k not too long ago.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGlee View Post
Rocklin and Roseville are similar. Rocklin has better schools, but Roseville has better community amenities, especially parks, and more retail. Home prices are also pretty similar depending on which community you're considering. East Roseville and East/Central Rocklin homes tend to be a little more expensive than West Roseville/West Rocklin homes, although Morgan Creek was selling between $500-800k not too long ago.
****inggggggggggggggggg

Old 02-14-2011, 01:34 AM

133 posts, read 466,789 times
As a resident of Rocklin, I can say the boundaries between the 2 "cities" are so blurred that I never know which city I'm in. Living in Whitney Ranch (Rocklin), I'm always surprised to realize that anything beyond Blue Oaks along Fairway is considered Roseville...and it's only 5 minutes from my home. My point? I don't think it much matters. Rocklin and Roseville schools are similarly rated, but Roseville teachers are slightly higher-paid. Rocklin schools perform better on API scores as a whole. It's really about the 'feel' of the communities. Most of Roseville is older, so there's more mature trees and greenery. Rocklin is a little more open and spacious... Be careful of West and SW Roseville, as they are near the Sacto County line, and parts of Sac County (Antelope, etc.) have a higher crime profile.

Old 10-05-2018, 03:16 PM

2 posts, read 309 times
When I googled Rocklin and Roseville I saw a comment that home prices in rocklin are getting affected negatively as more people are moving to Roseville. It even made a comment that Rocklin residents are burning their homes for insurance purposes as the value of their propert
y went down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento