Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2007, 12:11 AM

140 posts, read 475,352 times

Advertisements

We moved the heck outta Ca, having born in Bay Area, Graduated from Sacto., and lived in SO CAL, too many moons! We love it here in No Central Arkansas, plenty of different types here not to worry. Hay we're Jewish and everyone knows it , we dont hide out ! People have been very friendly, helpful,( one neighbor brought his backhoe from Florida and drove it over and dug us out of a problem with plumbing ,yes for free.) Plus we have friends here in just three years,thats amazing nice people. NOW the trouble is my Wife has always wanted to live in New Mexico, and we are in our Fifties, so better now than just before we go down the last trail right- goodbye to Mild winters,and summers, clean sweet well water and air, best organic garden we ever had, and great Fishing in record lakes and rivers. we got 5.45 acres with a 3 bedroom 2ba + den and large utility room. its worth 169k- yep such a deal. Will never move back to CALisucks !! ALL my Family went nuts when we told them we are never commin back! HAHAHA too much. Hay like canoein, we got that too ! Happy Huntin.
PS my old School Buddy is trying to sell his place in Sacto. Oh well he told me thousands are trying to. We got lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I recommend the Midwest,especially Missouri. It's extremely inexpensive, incredibly beautiful, unspoiled believe it or not, four season climate (I'm wrapped in a sweatsuit encased in a blanket as I write this as it's cold today), people are friendly and neighborly, crime is low outside Kansas City and St. Louis, and houses are a give-away. I am a native Californian, lived in the Central Valley growing up, then later in Modesto, then the Bay Area where I stayed until 2000 because of my job when I moved to Las Vegas. Las Vegas I loved, but...it's not where I wanted to be longterm and as property prices skyrocketed, I saw my chance for escaping to the Midwest. I did. I bought a custom brick 2300 sq. ft. home on 4.3 park like acres where the house sits in the middle of the property about six miles in the country outside of Springfield for $227K with cash from the LV sale. Although I find some weeks in the winter tough, it passes quickly and snow rarely stays more than a week. Kids actually play here and people walk along the roads and wave at you as you go by. Taxes are low, schools good, lots of churches, and it's a pretty vibrant economic area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 02:02 PM

14 posts, read 47,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
Find your spot - says I should be in Sacramento! I knew it!
My husband got that, too. It's one of the reasons we're moving there.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:49 PM

20 posts, read 97,242 times
Well after six months of moving out of Sac, I can't say I miss it at all. Sure, I miss my friends but I much prefer the Pacific NW weather - you either love it or hate it I guess. Was so nice not to have a searing hot summer and we actually did more outdoors stuff in the short time we've been here than we ever did back in Sac. Also prefer the attitudes - overall much friendlier and easy-going. Happy we made the move out of CA.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:30 PM

41 posts, read 154,080 times
posting this in oct 2007 not sure if you are still on this board, but wanting to move to that area and wondered if you like it. I am 30 from sac and so despretely wanting to move out. looking at the Rockwall texas area.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:11 PM

87 posts, read 700,115 times
Move to AMERICA'S FINEST CITY aka San Diego.....Best city in all of CA.....

Weather that is a luxury and a low crime rate major metropolitan city with hardly any smog

Old 10-11-2007, 11:50 PM

100 posts, read 564,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penu View Post
I took a job in Sac four years ago, and now live in Roseville. I swear that drivers are worse by the day. Since I've been here, I've had drivers, usually on the 80 want to fight. It's weird. Last time, just last week, was a guy near the theaters in Roseville. Tailgating, pulling up to my side, then flipping me off, and then a hand in a fist. I've since found out that that's a "let's fight" signal. Once he put his SUV in park, I told my girlfriend to call 911. He thought better of the situation after he saw our phone. Nuts. Nobody lets you in. I truly hate it.

I've lived in San Jose and San Diego most of my life, and have never seen drivers on the road like Sacramento. Driving is just never fun any more. My girlfriend's son just got his license, and I just don't know how he's going to handle these situations when they happen to him.

Anyone else have this happen to them??
I get this kind of bull**** all the time when I'm in northern California (I am from a town near Sacramento). I've also lived in San Diego for a year and driven around LA and no one acts this way in So Cal, people there speed a lot but they keep up with the flow of traffic, someone may cut you off but they never "interact" with you on the road meaning they just keep on going or if you cut them off by accident they just back off and are non-confrontational overall. There's something about this area with just some crazy people always looking to fight.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:05 PM

52 posts, read 262,394 times
Default i've left w/ no regrets

moved to houston

Old 10-13-2007, 09:43 AM

815 posts, read 2,699,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_guy110 View Post
I get this kind of bull**** all the time when I'm in northern California (I am from a town near Sacramento). I've also lived in San Diego for a year and driven around LA and no one acts this way in So Cal, people there speed a lot but they keep up with the flow of traffic, someone may cut you off but they never "interact" with you on the road meaning they just keep on going or if you cut them off by accident they just back off and are non-confrontational overall. There's something about this area with just some crazy people always looking to fight.
I completely agree. I lived in Southern California for most of my life and Sacramento drivers posess a pure evil nature in comparison. From Roseville to Elk Grove, its everywhere in the region. Most seem to drive like they have a wild hair up their butt, making tweaked out, unsafe road maneuvers and wildly racing and cutting off people at a regular basis. It's like its some sort of messed up game of who's the bigger man with no regard for other drivers that are in their way. Anyway, I'm sick of always getting stuck in their crossfire. What also contributes to the bad driving is the frustration of the growing gridlock everywhere - from the freeways to the surface streets, especially during rush hour. The freeways were built in the early 70's, haven't been expanded one bit nor are there plans to, and cannot absorb the current population growth of the region and its only going to get worse. Business 80 is a perfect example. It's a major artery that is also a hazardous and twisting seven mile strip that resembles Disneyland's Autopia ride more than a major city freeway. What about fortifying the current infrastructure before they continue to build swaths of new homes in Natomas and Placer County? I don't even want to know what this area will turn into in 15 or 20 years. One bigger, smoggier, hotter, congested urban pit.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:04 AM

8 posts, read 26,617 times
try the Mammoth Mountain area, (East Sierras) they have a fairly new hospital and are looking for traveling nurses

Old 10-13-2007, 10:16 AM

8 posts, read 26,617 times
like latinos and blacks get along-right!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento