Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 04:24 AM

14 posts, read 59,033 times

Advertisements

What the story on granite bay? I heard the high school is fantastic. Looks like not alot of new construction there?

shar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2006, 06:59 PM

424 posts, read 2,689,291 times
Default Granite Bay

The town, or area of Granite Bay, is located next to Folsom Lake. It used to be way out by itself and Granite Bay was a beach on Folsom Lake, but has been built up as Roseville was built up.

The area has become pretty exclusive with very expensive homes (McMansions) going up everywhere . The high school is excellent as are most of the area schools because the area is so wealthy. There are other high schools that are also good that are located in less expensive areas, such as Rocklin Unified, San Juan Unified, Elk Grove Unified, and Folsom-Cordova Unified (Folsom High School) if the area is too pricey for you.

Old 09-02-2006, 03:12 AM

4 posts, read 28,935 times
Default Granite Bay

I live close to Granite Bay, it is a nice area, but too overpriced. The people are total snobs around here and so that is why I dont live in Granite Bay. California is getting too expensive, I dont get it why people are still moving here.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:26 AM

M,

I think maybe because people are moving out,There are lots of jobs there. My husband got layed off in Houston and two of the job searches he was involved with were Ca. We are gonna give it a try. Its nice having a job lol and just couldnt find anything where we were.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Near Granite Bay

If you decide to look around outside of Granite Bay, there are several other nice areas, some pricey and some not-as-pricey. You may want to check out Orangevale, Citrus Heights, Folsom, Loomis, Lincoln, Roseville, and Fair Oaks. I'm not sure what area the jobs are in, but check out the commute carefully--the freeways can get terrible traffic.

Roseville has excellent bus service. Folsom just switched its bus system over to just taking you to the Light Rail system. Other areas that have nice bus sytems that go to Sacramento are Davis, Woodland, El Dorado County from El Dorado Hills to Placerville, and Elk Grove.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:39 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,405,484 times
As a pp said, Granite Bay is a very exclusive area. It used to be that most of the Sacramento Kings lived up there as well as Eddie Murphy and Stevie Nicks had huge houses up there.

Very sheshe, snobby.

My hubby and I are actually looking at moving out to DFW area because the housing costs have increased soo much. After the dotbomb, everyone from the Bay Area started to move up to the area driving up housing costs and bringing all the traffic and everything that goes along with it.

I was born in the area and it is really sad how it has developed over the years.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:27 PM

I have lived in the Dallas area before moving to Houston. Its great there housing costs will be good, although Houston is cheaper. I am living in the Woodlands right now and I love it. Unfortunately, husband needed a job and is in Sacramento area as we speak. Not really into snobby but, heard that the high school had a good music program and since my son likes to march ....
Looks like there is no new building going on there but maybe too much in el dorado hills. I need to go out there and really look around but, have been gettin my house ready to selll

Old 10-03-2006, 01:13 PM

Default Another suggestion

Since you mentioned the marching band, you might want to check out Del Oro High School and the Loomis area that is next to Granite Bay. It's also very nice. Del Oro has the best marching band in the area. Their band has won many awards and has even gone to Europe to perform.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:51 PM

can we commute to rancho cardova from there?

Old 10-05-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Commuting from Loomis to Rancho Cordova

The commute from Folsom would be a better one, but it would take about 45 minutes (maybe less depending on traffic) to go from Loomis to Rancho on the side streets. Sierra College Blvd. turns into Hazel Avenue that hits Hwy. 50 or Folsom Blvd. and you're just a couple of miles from Rancho.

I'm not sure of your budget, but both Folsom and El Dorado Hills are closer to Rancho and have very nice high schools and homes. Not sure about the marching bands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento