Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 03:48 PM

84 posts, read 266,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGoneFromSoCal View Post
What are the boundaries of "South Cirby"?
Starts at Cirby and Crestmont then goes Old Auburn Rd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 03:52 PM

238 posts, read 1,316,077 times
Quote:
Wow, I had no idea there were new homes in Roseville for that price range. Did the prices come down that far, or is there another reason these are so low?
The area is called Westpark Roseville, and is the result of the expansion of Roseville's city boundaries a couple years ago. There are several builders here, and they all seem to be putting out some good product.

WestPark Roseville (http://westparkroseville.com/ - broken link)

The base prices have come down quite a bit, all part of the bigger picture of Sacramento's real estate woes. Excess inventory (in both resale as well as new construction) is the cause. Locally, Pulte has already had a large round of layoffs this year.

I actually learned about that particular Pulte development through another member on this forum. He said that his model has been reduced by over $50k since earlier this year. That's actually similar to the reduction I've gotten on my home. (I'll be living just up the street in Pulte's Amberley Place community, and they have made similar reductions on houses that are due to complete before the end of 2007. In my case, they reduced my 5br/4ba 2616sf from around $490k to $440k.) Granted, in many of these new developments, in that price range, you are looking at smaller lot sizes than you would find in the more established parts of Roseville. My home is being built on a lot just under 6,000sf, which for me is just perfect. I want a large enough backyard to entertain and for the kids to enjoy, but I don't want so much lawn that it becomes a pain (or large expense) to maintain.

So, again, Westpark Roseville may not offer everything you're looking for, but if new construction appeals to you, you may want to keep it on your radar. We've got 2 young children too (one about to enter kindergarten next year), so the opening of a brand new elementary and middle school within the development was a draw for us. They are also planning on "village center" within the development's center, comprised of small shops and cafes, but I don't see that happening for at least another year or two, until more people move in.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:26 PM

13 posts, read 55,699 times
Wow, that's a really interesting community up there in WestPark. I wonder if the downturn in the housing market will affect all the "planned additions". If fully developed as planned that would be a really neat place to live. I like their computer simulation of it :-)

Old 08-14-2007, 04:58 PM

58 posts, read 287,258 times
This thread is making me smile, 'cause I know so much about this. The "crooked bridge" is at the east end of Sierra Blvd. in Roseville. The west end deadends into Roseville High School (built around 1920) and my alma mater. Woodbridge Park is a lovely little park and the surrounding neighborhood (my grandparents lived on Alta Vista) has many quaint homes that were built primarily between 1920 and 1940. This neighborhood is about a mile from two long-established golf courses.

My other old Roseville recommendation if you come back up this way is to look at the streets to the east of Royer Park stretching all the way over to Folsom Blvd - the South Lincoln, Donner, and Nevada streets. Smaller homes but with the classic touches of homes built, again, in the 1920s to 1940s.
Carolyn Montgomery

Old 08-15-2007, 10:39 AM

13 posts, read 55,699 times
Thanks so much for all the information Carolyn!

Old 08-15-2007, 06:58 PM

58 posts, read 287,258 times
Well, since no current residents of Roseville have jumped in, I'll say that South Cirby is south of Cirby Avenue and merging on in to Citrus Heights. Mapquest Cirby Way in Roseville and look at the area going south between Sunrise Blvd. and Auburn Blvd. Although, there may be newer houses in a few pockets there that area decent. I don't generally get over that way even though it's only 2 or 3 miles from Darling Way.

Carolyn

Carolyn

Old 08-17-2007, 10:15 AM

34 posts, read 200,601 times
I'm so happy to have found this thread! I've been wondering many of the same things as the OP, and am looking in the 350k price range as well.

I am specifically interested in East Roseville because it seems closer to my husband's work in Carmichael. (He could just drive down Auburn or a road like that, although perhaps that would be even worse than the freeway?)

A lot of houses in our price range seem to turn up in the neighborhoods just south of (or surrounding) Maidu Park. The park seems very nice, but what about these neighborhoods? Any impressions of them? Is the park safe?

I've also read references to greenbelts, which excites me because we love to walk. Does anyone know if Roseville has greenbelts that have walking paths, or are they just open spaces?

Old 08-17-2007, 10:42 AM

238 posts, read 1,316,077 times
These maps may give you a better sense of the city's greenbelts and open spaces...

http://www.roseville.ca.us/civica/fi...sp?BlobID=3398

http://www.roseville.ca.us/civica/fi...sp?BlobID=8792

More here...

City of Roseville, California - City Map Center

Old 08-18-2007, 01:37 PM

168 posts, read 907,820 times
Default Notes on Maidu Park

I live near Maidu Park and I have always felt very safe there. There is a nice walking trail located within the park. There are some nice neighborhoods surrounding the Park on all sides, including the other side of Rocky Ridge as well. There are homes for sale in these neighborhoods at a variety of prices, but expect to pay at least $350,000 (that would be a rock-bottom price). These are desirable neighborhoods for the middle class.

Another option is to rent first and see if prices are going to fall farther.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:57 PM

375 posts, read 1,725,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cag25 View Post
A lot of houses in our price range seem to turn up in the neighborhoods just south of (or surrounding) Maidu Park. The park seems very nice, but what about these neighborhoods? Any impressions of them? Is the park safe? Does anyone know if Roseville has greenbelts that have walking paths, or are they just open spaces?
Yes Maidu is a good area and is safe. Very good schools. Lots of families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento