Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 15,453 times

Advertisements

I purchased a RV through a private party and they had a lost title, and now I can't get a hold of them. I call and call and leave messages but No response. How do I recover a lost title without the owner involved?

Can I claim it as an abandoned vechile?
Are their speicalist that work only on recovering titles?
I paid for the vechile in cash, I have the application for the dulipate title, I also have a copy of his drivers licenses, the bill of sale and all that but no title. I paid for the smog and even the registration, but I'm so frustrated on what to do...

Someone must have an answer, please..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 09:44 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,638,166 times
So where does it stand with the DMV? Folks loose titles all the time... at the Dealership, they would just have to fill out a Statement of Facts affirming the title was lost and an application for a duplicate.

In the worst possible case and if the vehicle title is clear... you can bond your purchase.

I have know n garage owners to get title for abandoned vehicles via a lien sale.

Too late now... my practice when selling or buying a vehicle from a private party is to complete the transaction at the DMV office together...

I'm more worried as a Seller that someone would be operating a Vehicle in my name creating a possible nightmare with tickets, fees and penalties.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:58 AM

248 posts, read 803,073 times
Call Donna, here's her website
Services (http://www.proregservice.com/services.html - broken link)
I've used her in the past

Old 08-11-2011, 06:43 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,451,996 times
If you have the bill of sale, the signature on that can be used in lieu of the signature on the title.

Did the actual title still show a legal owner? That would need to be dealt with, but it's not that hard to do. If no legal owner, then you're good to go.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:26 PM

370 posts, read 1,563,976 times
Hopefully there wasn't a lien on that $1000000 RV. If you can't get a hold of the previous owner (and it sounds like you can't) the only way I know is to buy a bond and have the vehicle inspected. Hopefully, the person who sold it to you was the owner and there was no lien holder. I guess you could file an abandoned property report with the DMV and see if they try to come back and claim their property!! Advise them you will charging rent at $$$ a day and then file an abandoned vehicle report. Remember, this is NOT legal advice. I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV. If you can find them, they can always obtain a replacement/duplicate title from the DMV and then sign it over!!

Old 09-04-2011, 04:17 PM

You can't do an abandonment lien on a vehicle that you purchase, whether you play an attorney on TV or not. My advice above was correct--just take the bill of sale to DMV.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:04 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,601,809 times
OP only made the one post. Probably will never return.
I agree with cb73 that there is enough already to work with.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 6,755 times
My friend gave me a 5the wheel with a bill of sale but the person who sold it to him did not know where the title was how do i get a title I got the regular bill of sale for the 5the wheel that he got and mine

Old 03-26-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1989 View Post
My friend gave me a 5the wheel with a bill of sale but the person who sold it to him did not know where the title was how do i get a title I got the regular bill of sale for the 5the wheel that he got and mine
Application for Duplicate Title, bill of sale from the owner to your friend, bill of sale from your friend to you.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:37 PM

5 posts, read 5,704 times
Default Find Vin # on RV

I have a 1985 Pace Arrow by Fleetwood. NO one can find either Vin # on the inside or on the Chassis of the RV
Question is: How can I get a New Title with no old Title, Bill of Sale, nothing...
This RV was given to me... Please Help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento