Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 04:36 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,065,860 times

Advertisements

I rank the dining scene here respectable. I see places downtown I usually wouldn't want to frequent, but one thing I do have to say is I never ran into a bad chinese or mexican restaurant and I been to like 4 of each so far. Chinese and mexican and BURGERS I'd say is what Sacramentos best cuisines are and probably japanese food too.. the rest, not 100% sure. Italian forget it. Chicago Fire is really good though, but other than that it doesn't seem like the italian food here is exceptional, but that doesn't matter a ton because I like making much at home. Its when you want a pizza though where its tough to get a really good one. I put Chicago Fire at the top. Theres no shortage of coffee shops either, however MANY Peets and Starbucks inbetween. I like Tupelo coffee. Thats kinda near me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 10:06 PM

1,348 posts, read 2,856,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
I rank the dining scene here respectable. I see places downtown I usually wouldn't want to frequent, but one thing I do have to say is I never ran into a bad chinese or mexican restaurant and I been to like 4 of each so far. Chinese and mexican and BURGERS I'd say is what Sacramentos best cuisines are and probably japanese food too.. the rest, not 100% sure. Italian forget it. Chicago Fire is really good though, but other than that it doesn't seem like the italian food here is exceptional, but that doesn't matter a ton because I like making much at home. Its when you want a pizza though where its tough to get a really good one. I put Chicago Fire at the top. Theres no shortage of coffee shops either, however MANY Peets and Starbucks inbetween. I like Tupelo coffee. Thats kinda near me.
Chicago Fire's pizza is disgusting. Try Luigi's on Stockton Blvd (not the one in Midtown which is a poor version), Pieces in Midtown, or Roma's Pizzeria down in Folsom Blvd. Coffee - Chocolate Fish is the best in town.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:27 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,273,146 times
Lots of better places for pizza: Pizza Rock downtown, OneSpeed or Giovanni's in East Sac, Zelda's in Midtown, Masullo in Land Park. For Italian food in general, try Espanol in East Sac, Pronto or Hot Italian or Paesano's in Midtown (or Biba if you want something much fancier.) Out in Carmichael is a place called Serritella's with a worthwhile reputation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento