U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 PM

2 posts, read 10,941 times

Advertisements

Hello I am looking at a home in South Anatolia off of Bosphorous Dr and have heard in earlier years in warmer month that the render plant off of Kiefer and Sunrise had been a big issue. I was wondering how much of an issue this still is through out the different seasons of the year recently particular in South Anatolia. How frequent does it smell, how bad etc. I know it is hit and miss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 09:30 PM

13,755 posts, read 23,213,984 times
Anatolia-Rendering Plant

Rancho Cordova (Anatolia) is bad area?

Old 04-17-2012, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 10,941 times
Thanks NewTOCA, however I was looking to get more information specifically on South Anatolia, rather than the whole community. This is just because like I said it is hit and miss and the south part is closer to the plant. I also read rumors on here that the plant maybe relocating in several years. Is there any more information on this?

Old 04-17-2012, 10:17 PM

13,755 posts, read 23,213,984 times
Rancho Cordova-Area Rendering Plant Raises a Stink With Neighbors (http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/3361157 - broken link)

I don't know the current magnitude of the problem or the status of relocation at all, but based on all of the postings I've read on this forum the past 5 or so years I'd be pretty wary of any plans. I've read so much stuff about planned development and relocations, and then financial concerns stop plans from being executed.

I'd just base the decision on how the situation is today, and if it is OK with you and it improves sometime down the road then that would just be another benefit.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:43 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,972,766 times
I have heard varying reports on the issue of smell in Anatolia. It is certainly something to research and make sure you know what you're getting into. I've never noticed it while showing property, but since I don't live there it's hard for me to respond.

OTOH, in Anatolia you can buy really nice, fairly new or new construction homes for an amazing price compared to nearby cities like Folsom. So it's a tradeoff as with all other real estate decisions. Just do your due diligence and make your own decision. And don't forget there are substantial Mello Roos (near $200/mo) and some of the Antolia has HOA fees too.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:31 PM

4,431 posts, read 4,444,018 times
I have friends who moved in about 3-4yrs ago. The realtors told them that the plant was going to close down or move which never happened.

They have always smelled the awful smell; sometimes it can be really bad and they have to close all the windows. Several times a week. Fortunately, I've only smelled it once when visiting.......made me want to puke.

The plant has been there decades before there was any housing development any where near the plant. The plant has every right to be there.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:35 PM

49 posts, read 320,244 times
In the summer the smell is horrible.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:11 AM

409 posts, read 735,867 times
Hi, I actually live in Anatolia so I can give you some perspective. The neighborhood south of us, Kavala Ranch, is closer to the rendering plant but it does not appear to be more of an issue for those residents (at least not in sources such as City-Data). In reality, if the smell is emitted by the rendering plant it does not seem to make a difference what part of Anatolia you live in (opinions on this may differ but based on the activity of our Anatolia yahoo group emails some people apparently are not bothered by the smell or dont notice it while others are very much annoyed by it). Does it smell all the time even in the summer? No. Why does the rendering plant emit a smell at times and at other times nothing? Its speculative and I have not come across a reason that makes sense. Will the rendering plant close? this issue was addressed recently in both the Mather HOA as well as our own HOA meeting. The company that owns the rendering plant, SRC, has plans to move out in about 3 years and develop the 810 acre site into residential and commercial areas. It wont be the first time they moved because of urbanization of the surrounding land. Development of any kind on that scale, of course, assumes an improved economy which only time will tell.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:51 AM

162 posts, read 39,626 times
The plant was there before you moved in. You don't move into a place and expect mainstay orgs to pack up and leave. that's like those people in N. Natoma who buy a house just next to where the planes lift up and expect them to alter their flight paths. RE agents are greedy and unethical in my experience. They are not going to blow a deal to sell a house by warning you, the buyer. They're going to take their 6%, run, and never look back. FACT - at least in my experience. As a result, we have turned into a bunch of wingers who continue to expect the government to take care of these matters. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Mind your own life people. Be accountable to your own decisions.

Old 10-14-2018, 02:36 AM

272 posts, read 413,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by settled00 View Post
The plant was there before you moved in. You don't move into a place and expect mainstay orgs to pack up and leave. that's like those people in N. Natoma who buy a house just next to where the planes lift up and expect them to alter their flight paths. RE agents are greedy and unethical in my experience. They are not going to blow a deal to sell a house by warning you, the buyer. They're going to take their 6%, run, and never look back. FACT - at least in my experience. As a result, we have turned into a bunch of wingers who continue to expect the government to take care of these matters. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. Mind your own life people. Be accountable to your own decisions.
If the Bridge development is approved, I cant see how they can continue building homes without the rendering plant moving. I'm not disagreeing with you about the fact that the plant was there first. Just that the projected plans are ridiculous if that plant is to remain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento