Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 11:20 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartfocus View Post
They ARE hiding things. Things you find out when you join the Pain Management Program or make an appointment with their Behavioral Health. I have documents which show that their "priority" for their patients is to conform to their religion. You can defend them all you want, but I was proselytized by them and can send anyone the documents involved which prove that they proselytize.
Yea. Post them here. Or send them to me via PM.

Still....since it was so troublesome to you report them to the state. Let the state investigate.

Last edited by caligirlz; 01-20-2013 at 11:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
...but I was proselytized by them...
But how was the health care?

Old 01-20-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
But how was the health care?
I suspect that is was horrible since it was rendered by proselytizing christian fascist pigs

Old 01-21-2013, 12:24 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Quote:
They ARE hiding things. Things you find out when you join the Pain Management Program or make an appointment with their Behavioral Health. I have documents which show that their "priority" for their patients is to conform to their religion. You can defend them all you want, but I was proselytized by them and can send anyone the documents involved which prove that they proselytize.
They may have to close their doors if you can prove medical care is allocated on religious preference...

I've been to Catholic Hospitals where they have a chapel and to regular, non-secular, hospitals that have a Chaplin...

My neighbor was dieing of terminal cancer and the Nurse let her know the Chaplin was available if requested.

For some it is a great comfort, for others a distraction and others find it repulsive...

My mother worked at a Catholic Hospital that treated anyone that walked through the doors long before there were rules... all children that died during childbirth were baptized by the mother superior and that was 50 years ago...

I would again say if you do not feel welcome... show your dissatisfaction by going somewhere else.

If you can prove denial of medical care base on religious preference... you owe it to everyone to report it.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:03 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,511 times
Quote:
Is it normal for them to say, "I'll pray for you" when you make a complaint about something (their buses) over the phone? Is it normal for them to say, "God Bless You" when you make an appointment with Behavioral Health? I'm not questioning whether they are legal or not! I have documents which I will send to anyone who PMs me, that proves it. I am saying they are DANGEROUS to people in their Pain Management Program and in their Behavioral Health Program. I'm sure its all done legally.
Heartfocus...

Getting angry at this is not healthy for the heart... Smile and let it go in one ear and out the other...

I am deeply offended by that crap too, and can see your point!.... But should this be your fight? I think not... Life is too short.

==
Curmy, Read up on Loma Linda... Yep get it... Still, heartfocus's point is valid...Sometimes these Religion based institutions need to be reigned in a bit...

Old 01-21-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Heartfocus...

Getting angry at this is not healthy for the heart... Smile and let it go in one ear and out the other...

I am deeply offended by that crap too, and can see your point!.... But should this be your fight? I think not... Life is too short.

==
Curmy, Read up on Loma Linda... Yep get it... Still, heartfocus's point is valid...Sometimes these Religion based institutions need to be reigned in a bit...
I will agree that FOR HER and her belief system, if any, it's valid. Total validation for all based upon one person's POV is not.

From my personal perspective, if I was limited in provider selection by transportation issues and taxpayer-provided, supplemental medical coverage and benefits, I'd sit through an entire sermon if that's what it took to access life-saving -enhancing services. After all, "Pride goeth before a fall!"

Beyond that I agree with you!

Old 01-21-2013, 10:59 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times
My wife works for the hospice program at an Adventist owned (or affiliated) hospital. She felt a bit uneasy at the orientation about the not too subtle religious part, but in the day to day operation, there is no prodding from management and the job is just like any other nursing job.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
I have spoken to people here before about the medical services on Skyway in Paradise, ca. but I just discovered something. They are a 7th Day Adventist fringe cult - the entire medical system is run by them. I was given literature on their religion when I joined a Pain Management program, and how its a "top priority" for them to instill their particular brand of religion in you. Also, the Behavioral Health clinic in the basement is profoundly proselytzing their mentally ill patients. Which is a very dangerous practice, as most secular psychiatrists know that a person with schizophrenia or other psychotic disorders do not "do well" mentally with religion. If this doesn't bother you, fine, but if you are a secular person who plans to live out their life here, you need to know that the hospital is run by this sect, as well.
I am so sorry you feel that way about the religion. I am not a 7 day adventist, nor would I become one, because I love my meat and booze too much, but to call them a sect is a little strong. My dad spent the lat few days of his life there. He got outstanding care by nurses who really did all they could to make him comfortable and to help my step mom with her sadness. some of the best hospitals in the country,like Loma Linda are 7 day adventists. If they do try and push their religion, just tell them you have your own. Hopefully they will back off some. As for the basement being filled with mentally ill people, I am not aware of that...I am guessing if they are dangerous or a treat they are behind locked doors.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
My wife works for the hospice program at an Adventist owned (or affiliated) hospital. She felt a bit uneasy at the orientation about the not too subtle religious part, but in the day to day operation, there is no prodding from management and the job is just like any other nursing job.
Interesting. I suppose it depends on which location you work at. As I mentioned, I was in & out of their facilities in Kings & Fresno Counties, and their headquarters in Roseville, and I never noticed their pushing there religion on anyone. Participation in any religious activity, such as prayer, was completely voluntary. Yes, they had chapels, but all hospitals do. Yes they had chaplains or ministers, but all hospitals do. My current employer has a contract with them, and we send our nurses to their facilities for case management, and I've never heard this complaint before.

It sounds to me that the OP is highly offended by any "religious" tones. I accept that. That is why I suggested that they report their concerns to the state. They will do a full investigation, and require the facility to make corrections if necessary. Since it appears this is the only hospital facility in Paradise (though I don't know for sure), then it is very important for the OP to complain to someone who can do something about it - the state. I would suggest calling the audit & investigation department of DHCS.

Quote:
The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) has made significant strides toward detecting and preventing Medi-Cal fraud. Staff in Audits and Investigations (A&I), a DHCS program, are using new auditing and investigative procedures to monitor the practices and billing activity of providers.

The Department of Health Care Services asks that anyone who observes or has knowledge of suspicious health care activity to call the DHCS Medi-Cal Fraud Hotline telephone number, 1-800-822-6222, to report it. The recorded message may be heard in English and four other languages: Spanish, Vietnamese, Cambodian, and Russian. The call is free and the caller may remain anonymous. You can also e-mail us at stopmedicalfraud@dhcs.ca.gov or on-line via our on-line complaint form at: https://apps.dhcs.ca.gov/AutoForm2/default.aspx?af=1828

Source: Stop Medi-Cal Fraud & Abuse | Audits & Investigations

Old 01-22-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Interesting. I suppose it depends on which location you work at. As I mentioned, I was in & out of their facilities in Kings & Fresno Counties, and their headquarters in Roseville, and I never noticed their pushing there religion on anyone. Participation in any religious activity, such as prayer, was completely voluntary. Yes, they had chapels, but all hospitals do. Yes they had chaplains or ministers, but all hospitals do. My current employer has a contract with them, and we send our nurses to their facilities for case management, and I've never heard this complaint before.

It sounds to me that the OP is highly offended by any "religious" tones. I accept that. That is why I suggested that they report their concerns to the state. They will do a full investigation, and require the facility to make corrections if necessary. Since it appears this is the only hospital facility in Paradise (though I don't know for sure), then it is very important for the OP to complain to someone who can do something about it - the state. I would suggest calling the audit & investigation department of DHCS.
It is. If I was so offended and had no other local choice, I'd move. DHCS's concern and purview is are strictly quality of care, access to services and fiscal. If she complains to them they'll just tell her to take it up with the hospital administration. They have bigger fish to fry than one malcontent's tender sensibilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento