Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:18 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,466 times

Advertisements

No I totally got that, thanks so much! Looking for specific areas is exactly what I wanted to know. I'll go apartment hunting now in between those areas. And I'll definitely look more into Midtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 09:00 AM

Ok I tried to edit but I guess I cant anymore.. I found a couple of complexes.. are these areas ok?

- 3910 Auburn Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95821
- 5324 Marconi Ave, Carmichael, CA 95608
- 4789 Manzanita Ave, Carmichael, CA 95608
- 7747 Greenback Ln, Citrus Heights, CA 95610

Those are the ones I've found that are reasonably priced and allow pets. Still looking for Midtown

Old 10-24-2007, 09:49 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,701,853 times
ALthough Greenback is an okay area - I think the complexes on that Lane are a bit dumpy - most are duplexes (depending on what part of the Lane you are on) - and it's a VERY VERY busy street, gets clogged up pretty bad at rush hour too

What is your budget?

Old 10-24-2007, 10:32 AM

495 posts, read 1,830,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonofillfaith View Post
redwoodlvr - I'm just now starting look into Sacramento because of its a place that I can actually afford in California. San Diego would be nice (dont know anything about Santa Cruz), but I cannot afford rent there at the moment. Sacramento seems like a decent place for the time being. And I like its proximity to so many places (Mtns, Lake Tahoe, SF Bay, etc).
Dragonfillfaith, I think Sacramento may be fine for you. The only reason I asked why you wanted to move here was you seem passionate about the ocean. I understand this, because I am too. I lived near the ocean in SF and while you can't swim it because it's too cold and because of the undertwo, it was still wonderful being near it and you can walk on the beach, which I did daily. You can also watch the kiteboarders, windsurfers and surfers in their wetsuits doing there thing. The beaches in So Cal are the real beaches however and of course are warmer.

If you truly need a place to reduce expenses, Sac may just be the place for you. As others have mentioned you can travel to anywhere in Calif from here and be happy. I just moved back here and I'm doing well. A lot has changed...for the better in Sacramento.

Best wishes.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:34 AM

Oh my I guess I need to start editing my posts...meant undertow.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:02 PM

Citygirl - Ok, good to know, thanks. My budget would be up to around $700 - 750. What about the other 3?

redwoodlvr - I do like seeing the ocean from time to time, and being within a couple of hours from it seems reasonable, because thats close enough for day trips. I dont necessarily need to go in the water.. I live very near the beach now and when I do go, I never go in the water, I just like to sit/walk by the shore, etc. Thanks for the input

Old 10-24-2007, 12:35 PM

Studio & 1 bedroom Remodled Victorian Midtown-Downtown AVAILABLE NOW (broken link)

Apartment rental home in Sacramento (broken link)

Old Style Fourplex Building in Midtown! 1700 18th St (broken link)

Downstairs Unit in the Heart of Midtown! 2224 O St (broken link)

I only found a few really fast - and made sure they said dogs are okay (says on the bottom "woof" which means yes)

Old 10-24-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonofillfaith View Post
Citygirl - Ok, good to know, thanks. My budget would be up to around $700 - 750. What about the other 3?

redwoodlvr - I do like seeing the ocean from time to time, and being within a couple of hours from it seems reasonable, because thats close enough for day trips. I dont necessarily need to go in the water.. I live very near the beach now and when I do go, I never go in the water, I just like to sit/walk by the shore, etc. Thanks for the input
You're welcome and good luck!

Old 10-24-2007, 04:40 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
honestly,
Id just as soon move to The Bay Area if your gonna be that close. Alameda, Berkeley or Albany would really fit the bill. Plus the amenities are world class-seriously.

But if youve got yer heart set on Sac(which is a fine place as well), then Id agree with those who mentioned Midtown Sacramento, cool place.

Otherwise,
just over the bridge on J Street is a really nice area as well known as Arden Arcade(which really encompasses a big area)..much more suburban, but a nice area with lots of apartments and lots of nearby amenities.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:29 PM

Actually with the ghetto people from Florin Mall coming up to Arden (since Florin Mall closed) - the Arden Area is just not as safe as it once was
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento