Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2022, 10:13 AM

6,904 posts, read 8,271,145 times

Advertisements

Sacramento - May 2022

High Temp for the day
How many days of:
60F-79F = 11 days
80F-89F = 11 days
90F-95F = 7 days
96F-99F = Zero days
100= 2 days
100 using heat index= Zero days

Low Temps for the day
How many days of:

70's - Zero days of uncomfortable nights
60's - 3 days
50's - 20 days
40's - 8 days
30's - Zero days

Summer like Temps in May? how many days?:

Phoenix - 21 days from 95F to 100F plus
Sacramento - 3 days from 95F to 100F plus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 03:51 PM

I'm happy to report that Sacramento's Folsom Lake and Nimbus Lakes are at 110% of capacity.

Folsom and Nimbus are the only lakes in California over 100%; in fact most other California lakes are below 50-75%.

Despite our California drought, the Sacramento and the Northern Sierra areas that drain snowmelt by way of the American River were near normal rain and snow for the season. As such Folsom and Nimbus are at capacity and the American River is flowing relatively normal for this time of year.

Old 06-01-2022, 11:48 PM

2,915 posts, read 2,005,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Don't,
That's funny about long-term predictions isn't it. They never tell you that "9 days from now" it's going to be "nice weather"....Or that the "long-range forecast" is for mild pleasant weather. They only do it for less than ideal weather.

So for the last 3 months our weather has been near perfect - 90 days, 2 days the temp got kind of toasty, but that was just in the late afternoon, the mornings, nights and evenings were perfectly comfortably. But based on those 2 days this is how my friend just characterized the recent weather.

"I probably won't go outside tomorrow because it's going to be too hot. I say, really, how hot?. He says, 87 like how its been so hot for so long now". I say, it hasn't been real hot for almost a week. He says, well, yah know, it was in the 100's for the last several days. I say, no, it has NOT been in the hundreds for several days. Was it hot yesterday? He says, "I guess not". The day before yesterday? He says, "no". Actually, it hasn't been real hot 95% of the last month. He says, "its been real hot almost the whole month", I say....the whole month?............This is why I created this thread... for folks like him.
I hope that story is fake, chim. Hard to believe someone could be so clueless. I could kind of understand forgetting the previous month, but forgetting mere days. What.

Well, I looked at some weather graphs and this upcoming heatwave seems to be centered around Redding/chico. Expect to see some records fall in NorCal. Stay frosty

Old 06-02-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
I hope that story is fake, chim. Hard to believe someone could be so clueless. I could kind of understand forgetting the previous month, but forgetting mere days. What.

Well, I looked at some weather graphs and this upcoming heatwave seems to be centered around Redding/chico. Expect to see some records fall in NorCal. Stay frosty
Yep that is honestly a true story, no fake. He's been that way for a long time too, and he is not that much different than so many other folks including certain media stations.

When we had the two days of 100 in May I was watching the local news closely and how they reported it. For one, the lead-up to the future 2 days of 100 was a week in advance and that's all they talked about when the actual weather for the day and the several days in advance the temps were very comfortable. So, people are already thinking "its hot" when its not, because it "will be hot" in another 5-7 days or so.

Then of course when it is actually hot on those days; its completely overblown with no context of how normal that actually is or not, worse then, after those 2 days all they could talk about was how hot it WAS, going on 5-7 days of comfortable temps they are still talking about how hot it WAS instead how cool and/or comfortable it actually IS RIGHT NOW and how its going to continue to be comfortable for the next 5-7 days going forward.

It's no wonder people really think that its 100 every single day in the summer. Talk to anyone from the coast they will guarantee you that its 100 every single day in Sacramento all summer long. Inform them of the fact that Sacramento is actually in the 60's even the 50's EVERY SINGLE DAY in the summer... in the morning... and they are in complete disbelief.

Old 06-02-2022, 07:22 PM

6:00 PM LATE AFTERNOON - JUNE 2, 2022

Ocotillo Wells 103F - Over 80 miles inland of San Diego (SoCal)

Palm Springs 101F
Phoenix 101F
Las Vegas 99F

Fresno 93F

Sacramento 85F - Around 80 miles inland of San Francisco (NorCal)
Riverside 81F

Sausalito (on SF Bay) - 61F - Feels like temp

Old 06-03-2022, 10:56 PM

3,469 posts, read 5,262,281 times
When we used to live in the Bay Area, I noticed the opposite: the long range forecasts constantly mentioned rain chances that would never materialize so that for months, they would perpetually say it was going to rain about five days out, but it almost never happened. So people were always thinking about rain and perceiving that the weather was extremely variable when it wasn't. I guess that's how Sacramento is with the heat.

Quote:
Yep that is honestly a true story, no fake. He's been that way for a long time too, and he is not that much different than so many other folks including certain media stations.

When we had the two days of 100 in May I was watching the local news closely and how they reported it. For one, the lead-up to the future 2 days of 100 was a week in advance and that's all they talked about when the actual weather for the day and the several days in advance the temps were very comfortable. So, people are already thinking "its hot" when its not, because it "will be hot" in another 5-7 days or so.

Then of course when it is actually hot on those days; its completely overblown with no context of how normal that actually is or not, worse then, after those 2 days all they could talk about was how hot it WAS, going on 5-7 days of comfortable temps they are still talking about how hot it WAS instead how cool and/or comfortable it actually IS RIGHT NOW and how its going to continue to be comfortable for the next 5-7 days going forward.

It's no wonder people really think that its 100 every single day in the summer. Talk to anyone from the coast they will guarantee you that its 100 every single day in Sacramento all summer long. Inform them of the fact that Sacramento is actually in the 60's even the 50's EVERY SINGLE DAY in the summer... in the morning... and they are in complete disbelief.

Old 06-04-2022, 12:20 AM

11:00 PM - JUNE 3, 2022

Phoenix 88F
Las Vegas 88F
Ocotillo Wells 87F - Over 80 miles inland of San Diego (SoCal)
Palm Springs 87F

Fresno 73F
Salt Lake City 68F

Sacramento 64F - Around 80 miles inland of San Francisco (NorCal)
Lassen Volcanic National Park - 58F (2 hrs 49 minutes north of Sacramento)

Sausalito (on SF Bay) - 55F - Feels like temp

Old 06-05-2022, 11:16 AM

June 5, 2022, 10:00am - Late-Morning

We got .20 inches of rain in our Sacramento neighborhood
yesterday around noonish and last night. Love the smell of a "spring-summer rain". My garden is happy. :-)

Lassen Volcanic National Park 59F - NorCal (155 miles northeast of Sacramento in the Cascades Mt. Ranges, same range as Mt. Rainer and Mt. Hood)

Sacramento 64F

Salt Lake City 70F
Denver 74F

Fresno 77F

Las Vegas 86F

Phoenix 91F

Old 06-05-2022, 12:49 PM

1,447 posts, read 1,569,509 times
weather has been wacky to get rain in June!

Old 06-05-2022, 01:43 PM

2,915 posts, read 2,005,605 times
Quote:

Google ten day forecast
1 100f day predicted for Sacramento
3 for Fresno, but it'll be breezy
10 days predicted for San Antonio, with higher humidity levels
The CV locals are going to freak out over this heatwave, but most don't realize it could be much worse.

May weather numbers on a map
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento