Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2021, 05:17 PM

579 posts, read 513,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
2021 Stats:
Sacramento violent crime rate 6.33 per 1,000
Pittsburgh violent crime rate 6.19 per 1,000

Sacramento property crime rate 34.62 per 1,000
Pittsburgh property crime rate 23.97 per 1,000

3:30PM EST, Sept 23, 2021

Pittsburgh 57F - Its like Sacramento's typical January WINTER day here in Pittsburgh, clean fresh air, such an aesthetically pleasing city, amazing architecture and character. Neighborhoods have steep hills, views of everywhere, polar opposite of Sacramento. I call Sacramento the "hidden city", on a quick drive through and at first glance you see almost nothing of the city, there are no good views. Almost nowhere can you see its landmarks, cool neighbors, or rivers at a distance. Sacramento likely has the least amount of "vistas" on any city its size, there is so little "sense of place", identity....but still so much more and better than fresNO, lol, I had to put that jab in there for u know who.

Pittsburgh has lots of neighborhood mom and pop restaurants, saloons, taverns, pubs, bars galore on accessible by foot. Everyone is inebriated, or medicated on oxy, lol, just kidding

Sacramento 87F

Phoenix 97F

I travel a lot and have been to many many cities, first time I'm actually posting as I go. But, This is not the right thread for it.....I've been meaning to create a separate thread, because I love to compare Sacramento with other cities to see what we can do, or not, and make the most of what we do have.
Oh I know Pittsburgh. My father in law and his people are all from there. It's an industrial city that collapsed with US Steel. It is beautiful though.

The problem you are making is that you are taking Sacramento out of context. It is a capital city and easily in the Top 10 as far as state capitals go. It just happens to be the capital of a really populated state. I think that lack of identity is common for interior western cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2021, 06:12 PM

6,898 posts, read 8,267,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Boy View Post
It's an industrial city that collapsed with US Steel. It is beautiful though.

The problem you are making is that you are taking Sacramento out of context. It is a capital city and easily in the Top 10 as far as state capitals go. It just happens to be the capital of a really populated state. I think that lack of identity is common for interior western cities.
I'll create another thread for these kind of discussions.

Sept 23, 2021 8:00PM, EST

Phoenix 100F

Sacramento 96F - Hopefully, this will be the last of the high 90's, so glad I'm not there. It is usually around late Sept when I absolutely hate the sun, fair days, and a parched environment, this is why I know I could never live in Phoenix/Vegas or the desert anywhere.

Austin 90F (feels like temp)

Pittsburgh 57F Mostly cloudy with blue peaking through, CLEAN FRESH AIR, leaves are already starting to change color, but still green everywhere. You can still wear shorts with a light jacket as long as you are exercising/moving. Rained at least an inch, probably two inches with heavy downpours yesterday, but it was a warmish rain, low 70's, something Sacramento rarely gets, when it rains in Sacramento its usually cold, 40's & 50's. It didn't rain today, but it was much colder than yesterday, brisk, fall is in the air.

Last edited by Chimérique; 09-23-2021 at 07:03 PM..

Old 09-24-2021, 03:38 PM

Sept 24, 2021 5:00PM, EST

Sacramento 91F

Pittsburgh, PA 71F Crystal Clean Air, Sunny beautiful Autumn, day! Four hours of biking the Three Rivers bike trails, The "Mon" (Monogahela), the Allegheny, and the mighty Ohio. Steelers play Sunday, beautiful stadium sits at the confluence of the three rivers - "Sterngaiting", you can sterngate from your boat on the River.

Shelato, I got your msg - thank you and no problem I'm the one that started it, my fault

Last edited by Chimérique; 09-24-2021 at 03:52 PM..

Old 09-24-2021, 06:06 PM

2,905 posts, read 2,003,475 times
5pm
Per Google

96f Sacramento
92f Fresno
91f Phoenix

Last high 90s day for sac
Fresno might have one more left in the tank
70s return to the valley next week.
Not too bad in the sjv today; smoke wasn't as bad as expected.

Hi, chim!

Old 09-26-2021, 06:34 AM

September 26, 2021, 7:30AM EST

Pittsburgh, PA 49F - Last night it was windy and "coldish" around 8pm on Mt. Washington, 59F while I sat outside listening to a live band play 70's soft rock. There are lots of colleges in Pittsburgh with lots of young people out and about. It was sunny and comfortable all day during the festive street fair on Grandview Ave which overlooks all of Pittsburgh at the confluence of the Mongolahela and Ohio Rivers. The views are as good or better than the views from San Francisco's Twin Peaks, no joke.

Sacramento 57F - are there clouds in the sky, or endless sun?

Fresno 62F - Hi don't! Don't forget to wear your mask, not just for covid, but you'll definitely need it for San Joaquin Valley air.

Last edited by Chimérique; 09-26-2021 at 06:49 AM..

Old 09-29-2021, 11:42 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,800,406 times
Quote:

Fresno 62F - Hi don't! Don't forget to wear your mask, not just for covid, but you'll definitely need it for San Joaquin Valley air.
Those infernal carbon dioxide rebreather contraptions are not filter grade, you know.

And to think many of us dutifully got vaccinated just so we would not have to wear the damn near useless things again.

The idea of people going around wearing WW1 style Gummimasks is at least entertainingly absurd.

Old 09-29-2021, 07:21 PM

September 29, 2021

Phoenix 84F
Sacramento 82F
Reno 64F
Baltimore 63F
Pittsburgh 63F
Salt Lake City 59F
Denver 54F

Old 09-29-2021, 11:58 PM

People always ask me what my favorite time of year is in Sac. I always tell them late September thru October. The weather is PERFECT. May is pretty lovely too.

Old 09-30-2021, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Boy View Post
People always ask me what my favorite time of year is in Sac. I always tell them late September thru October. The weather is PERFECT. May is pretty lovely too.
I like the Spring better because it is still green out, flowers in bloom. More likely to have one last rain, the local lakes are full, the rivers are full (but too cold). Hiking in the Sierra's is full of snow melting streams, flowers in bloom.

Sept/Oct everything is brown and dead from a long hard summer. During some years, an "Indian summer" can prevail for too long, no Delta Breeze. Rivers too low, lakes too low, streams dried-up. But, yes, you can still count on no rain, nor a heat wave to ruin an outdoor activity.

Its really not until Halloween and there after that we have a real Autumn, our leaves take a long time to turn color and to fall from trees. Many trees still have their leaves on the tree, some well into January, while back east the leaves are almost completely on the ground by Halloween. And now lately our "perfect" temps in Sept/Oct can be ruined by smoke/bad air from forest fires (I hope that trend does not continue).

September 30, 2021, early morning, EST

Phoenix 72F

Baltimore 55F
Sacramento 53F
Pittsburgh 49F

Salt Lake City 44F
Denver 44F
Reno 40F

Nick, too funny, chuckle, fart, giggle, surprise fart, opps, lol.

Last edited by Chimérique; 09-30-2021 at 06:53 AM..

Old 10-01-2021, 01:01 AM

Quote:
I like the Spring better because it is still green out, flowers in bloom. More likely to have one last rain, the local lakes are full, the rivers are full (but too cold). Hiking in the Sierra's is full of snow melting streams, flowers in bloom.

Sept/Oct everything is brown and dead from a long hard summer. During some years, an "Indian summer" can prevail for too long, no Delta Breeze. Rivers too low, lakes too low, streams dried-up. But, yes, you can still count on no rain, nor a heat wave to ruin an outdoor activity.

Its really not until Halloween and there after that we have a real Autumn, our leaves take a long time to turn color and to fall from trees. Many trees still have their leaves on the tree, some well into January, while back east the leaves are almost completely on the ground by Halloween. And now lately our "perfect" temps in Sept/Oct can be ruined by smoke/bad air from forest fires (I hope that trend does not continue).

September 30, 2021, early morning, EST

Phoenix 72F

Baltimore 55F
Sacramento 53F
Pittsburgh 49F

Salt Lake City 44F
Denver 44F
Reno 40F

Nick, too funny, chuckle, fart, giggle, surprise fart, opps, lol.
Hasn't been smoky for a while now. Hopefully this keeps up. I love long prolific sunlight. I can't stand the cold at all. I like that our change of seasons is one that includes a mild winter but harsh summer, instead of the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento