Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 05:48 PM

80 posts, read 206,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Just about all the ones I can think of are master planned communities with golf courses...

I've seen them in Palm Springs and the around the Bay Area.

Here is a link to one...

Blackhawk, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The census bureau reports that household income in Blackhawk is $167,778 and the median price of a home is $1,000,001. My point is any place in the country where the median family income is at or above $167,778 and has a median home price above a million dollars doesn't have a whole lot of crime. Its not the gates in the community that keep the neighborhood, it the fact that neighborhood has lots of people who can afford to spend a million dollars on a home live in the neighborhood. This neighborhood isn't Compton and likely will never be anything like that in my lifetime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 07:59 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,638,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marland View Post
The census bureau reports that household income in Blackhawk is $167,778 and the median price of a home is $1,000,001. My point is any place in the country where the median family income is at or above $167,778 and has a median home price above a million dollars doesn't have a whole lot of crime. Its not the gates in the community that keep the neighborhood, it the fact that neighborhood has lots of people who can afford to spend a million dollars on a home live in the neighborhood. This neighborhood isn't Compton and likely will never be anything like that in my lifetime.
To a point...

Look at the Demographics of Piedmont California... it is a city that is 100% bordered on all sides by the city of Oakland...

No sentry or guard shacks to stop anyone coming in.

The reality is many parts of the SF Bay Area are high priced when it comes to Real Estate...

One of my neighbors lived and still owns her Sacramento home... she enjoyed living there and never a problem except she is very sensitive to heat... her Oakland home has no A/C and in Sacramento... she felt like a prisoner during the summer... just too hot to go anywhere.

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 08-24-2013 at 11:31 PM..

Old 08-24-2013, 10:12 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,273,146 times
Well, doesn't have a lot of "blue-collar" crime, anyhow. White-collar crime is another matter. Piedmont is surrounded by Oakland, sure, but it's the wealthy part of Oakland--the part of Oakland that comes to mind when people not from Oakland think of Oakland is a long hike from the wealthy part, and typically those two worlds don't intersect very often.

Palm Springs is a whole new level of sprawlingness. It's the same geographic size as Sacramento, about 100 square miles, with one-tenth the population. If Sacramento's suburbs seem far too dense and closely built, Palm Springs might be for you, if you have the means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento