Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 11:43 PM

290 posts, read 544,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I'd vote for Roxy. I don't think we need another chain (Zocolo). The only chain I'd vote for is Peets coffee in the Palladio. Although, since parking is so bad, I probably would just keep going to the one on E Bidwell.

Guess what? we are getting another pizza joint!!!
ZPizza.com How exciting

I mis-spelled. I did not mean the pizza joint Zocolo. I meant the excellent local Mexican restaurant zocalo's. There are only two in Sacramento. Really good gourmet style mexican. God forbid they put in another pizza joint. Next to hamburgers, Folsom has way too many pizza joints. Chicago fire is enough for Palladio.

http://zocalosacramento.com/

The type of restaurants the Palladio should have:
Roxy
Zocalo
Scott's Seafood
Il Fornaio

That would be a good start =P

I really envy Downtown and Roseville for their great restaurants.

Last edited by webdev; 08-21-2013 at 11:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 12:32 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdev View Post
I meant the excellent local Mexican restaurant zocalo's. There are only two in Sacramento. Really good gourmet style mexican.

The type of restaurants the Palladio should have:
Roxy
Zocalo
Scott's Seafood
Il Fornaio

That would be a good start =P

I really envy Downtown and Roseville for their great restaurants.
Folsom already has a Scott's.

I don't envy downtown or Roseville, but I can understand why you or others would feel that way. Having restaurants in those areas but not Folsom gives me incentive to plan my trips to those parts so I can visit their restaurants. It's not that far! Folsom doesn't have to be a cookie cutter restaurant scene just like the community down the road. uggg.

But I agree, we need more unique, non-chain restaurants. I really don't see the need to have our own locally owned "chains" like Zocolo. There are 2 others in the area. OTOH, I would not oppose a Hawks which I think is one of the best restaurants in the whole region. On a side note, coming from the central San Joaquin valley, I have never found a Mexican restaurant in this area that matches those in Fresno, Tulare, Kings counties (the heartland of Hispanic immigration).

Old 08-22-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I suspect some people not used to a highly racially diversified area simply just "assume" it is ghetto.

Whites in California are now a minority, and they will increasingly be less of the population. This is common news most people have heard, so why do they move to California if they are not comfortable with that fact?
hello? Many whites are native born. Are you suggesting that THEY should leave?

Old 08-22-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
I'm really tired of people assuming that anyone who calls an area "ghetto" is automatically white and is saying that because they see racial diversity.

Bad behavior is bad behavior regardless of skin color, and I see ghetto attitudes, dress and music widespread in Sacraghetto. Its really depressing.
Totally agree with you

Old 08-22-2013, 08:56 AM

37 posts, read 87,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
I did, but you just said "if you want everything" rather than "everything in one town." No offense intended. Although Los Angeles is a huge area, so just because you're in the same city as a great Chinese restaurant doesn't mean it's any closer than a drive from Roseville to Sacramento--and our traffic isn't nearly as bad. So you really can have it all here, as long as you don't mind driving outside the city limits. But heck, who am I to talk? I don't care much for walking outside the Grid...
Uhh ok...

Old 08-22-2013, 10:57 AM

762 posts, read 2,030,776 times
Oh yes...
When you see a gangbanger, or a wanna be gangbanger, or a person milling about looking for trouble, or some tagging and you just want to see people dressed for success walking with purpose,

it means that you are a....

racist. That you don't believe that people who aren't white (the majority) should not have jobs and rights. Which is ironic, because the most ghetto thing I could think of is a bunch of people without jobs. So... which is it? Because we prefer less "ghetto", we want anybody not lily white to NOT have a job?

It is possible to hate the game but not the player... or the friggin COLOR of the player which isn't even the point. Less ghetto. Less people with hangups about color.

Statistically? Yes there are particular races that have more problems than others. Maybe this shouldn't be ignored. Maybe ignoring the problems that a particular race tends to have is akin to racism. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't help your brother.

But really, ghetto comes in all colors. The whitehoodlumsmexicanblackasiangangbangers are not so good for making an area less ghetto. Ever notice how the stockton crowd seeps into Lodi, Galt, EG. Go up the valley and there are gangs too. I mean, really, how are we ever going to be able to solve any problems when the law enforcement gets sued for racial discrimination so easily. Everybody hollers "RACISM". If there is an -ism to me and others not liking to see people acting a fool like a hoodlum hanging out in front of the strip mall or at the park it is actually "CLASSISM".

Old 08-22-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro View Post
"the whitehoodlumsmexicanblackasiangangbangers"
Now that's classic!! and on par with "North Highlands North" Tell me about Antelope please

Old 08-23-2013, 09:34 PM

117 posts, read 486,092 times
Elk Grove does have a couple of good, non-chain restraunts. Try Todo Un Poco. My favorite place to eat in the greater Sac area.

Last edited by misterdammit; 08-23-2013 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: stupid auto-correct

Old 08-26-2013, 02:39 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,306,051 times
If you like Filipino food, I thought Savoy Fried Chicken was pretty good too. Its at 9174 Franklin Blvd
Ste C in Elk Grove.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:43 PM

771 posts, read 1,581,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro View Post
Oh yes...
When you see a gangbanger, or a wanna be gangbanger, or a person milling about looking for trouble, or some tagging and you just want to see people dressed for success walking with purpose,

it means that you are a....

racist. That you don't believe that people who aren't white (the majority) should not have jobs and rights. Which is ironic, because the most ghetto thing I could think of is a bunch of people without jobs. So... which is it? Because we prefer less "ghetto", we want anybody not lily white to NOT have a job?

It is possible to hate the game but not the player... or the friggin COLOR of the player which isn't even the point. Less ghetto. Less people with hangups about color.

Statistically? Yes there are particular races that have more problems than others. Maybe this shouldn't be ignored. Maybe ignoring the problems that a particular race tends to have is akin to racism. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't help your brother.

But really, ghetto comes in all colors. The whitehoodlumsmexicanblackasiangangbangers are not so good for making an area less ghetto. Ever notice how the stockton crowd seeps into Lodi, Galt, EG. Go up the valley and there are gangs too. I mean, really, how are we ever going to be able to solve any problems when the law enforcement gets sued for racial discrimination so easily. Everybody hollers "RACISM". If there is an -ism to me and others not liking to see people acting a fool like a hoodlum hanging out in front of the strip mall or at the park it is actually "CLASSISM".
x10000000000000000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento