Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 01:53 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,282,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00peach View Post
I am Purchasing my first home in Sacramento,and want to have a good to great walk score, as well as a good public transportation score. I have been told one neighborhood to keep in mind is Arden Acrace,and to keep away from South
Sacramento (95822) as well as Del Paso Heights ( 95838) what I need are good to great zip codes and neighborhoods to
look for, any suggestions. I do not have kids so schools are not a problem, neither are churches, just would l.ike to be close to stores,and public transportation.
If you're looking for a great walkscore and good public transportation, your primary choice will be midtown Sacramento and thereabouts--the top 10 walkable neighborhoods in Sacramento are in the downtown/midtown central city "grid." Look at 95816, especially the part west of Business 80/30th Street, 95814 south of L Street, the northern part of 95818 including the southernmost parts of the "grid" and northern edges of Land Park and Curtis Park. If you like riding bikes, the whole area is a cyclist's paradise, both for functional biking and recreational (the American River and Sacramento River have great bike trails.) All the city's light rail lines run through the central city grid, along with the highest frequency bus lines. Our transit system is okay at best, but it functions best at the city core.

There are also Zipcar locations if your intent is to go car-free but you still need a car occasionally.

Arden-Arcade is a terrible choice if you want walkability and good transit access. It's not even a "city," just an unincorporated suburb outside the city limits, and heavily car-dependent except for a couple of bus lines on the major business streets. Many of the residential streets don't even have sidewalks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento