Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 06:34 PM

107 posts, read 247,387 times

Advertisements

Of course, Just Ducky, they were mocking the original poster. It is kind of sad scrolling through here and seeing so many Liberals who do not like to live near people with different opinions. It makes the whole "I am a Liberal and I tolerate everybody" kind of meaningless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 12:23 PM

762 posts, read 2,021,122 times
There are two things in this world I won't tolerate in my neighborhood: Methheads and republicans, not necessarily in that order. Child molesters come in at a close third place.

I thought liberals were supposed to be tolerant.

signed,
a sarcastic wanna be libertarian

Old 11-06-2013, 03:57 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,514,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhatCivlized View Post
Places like Marysville & Yuba City and Oroville, they all seem too Methy.
I'm sure Methy people are nice and sweet and all, but some of them certainly
seem ready to steal you blind. Their priorities seem different or something.

San Andreas looks great, but according to city-data, is very Republican.

I currently live in Rocklin and meet a lot of Roseville people daily. The very right-leaning
mindsets disturb me. It amazes me how California can be so in the Democrat camp,
yet so many people are so right-leaning on the street. Too many people seem to listen
to radio talk shows that instruct them how to think, what they SHOULD be angry about.
Or they have Fox news blaring on the TV. (My work takes me into a lot of homes.)
These people then just seem so eager to spout "their" political and social opinions, few
of which warm my heart. These same people also seem to have the fewest manners.
To think the few retirement years that I will have will see me stuck around these types--
it depresses me.

I don't like the cold, so above the snow line is out.
And did I mention I am not wealthy? So a low cost of living is important.

Thank you.
If you don't like Republicans, why would you try to move to a place (the Sierra foothills) where they are the dominant political party?

That's like a conservative asking if there is any place they can move to in San Francisco or Marin County where there are no Democrats and no pot smokers?

You seem to have such a hatred for Republicans that it probably wouldn't be healthy for you to be around them.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:39 AM

42,743 posts, read 25,939,939 times
Nevada City is full of liberal artsy-craftsy types. It's not cheap but it's a lovely little town.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,146 times
Default Foothills Retirement Communities

Grass Valley and Nevada City have good recommendations for retirement. A hidden gem in the foothills with property that is more affordable is the Oregon House/Dobbins communities between Lake Frances and Bullards Bar Reservoir and Collins Lake/Lake of the Springs. An example of a property currently for sale on 4.3 acres with tenant rent income can be found here, https://yubasutter.craigslist.org/reo/d/beautiful-california-sierra/6677117530.html[/url].

Old 09-11-2018, 06:12 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,958,994 times
Quote:
Too many people seem to listen
to radio talk shows that instruct them how to think, what they SHOULD be angry about.
Or they have XYZ news blaring on the TV. (My work takes me into a lot of homes.)
These people then just seem so eager to spout "their" political and social opinions, few
of which warm my heart. These same people also seem to have the fewest manners.
To think the few retirement years that I will have will see me stuck around these types--
it depresses me.

Thank you.
hahaha. I was just thinking the same thing about both ends of the political spectrum. And how funny it is when one side points the finger at the other side and pretends they aren't doing the exact same thing. Or even better, they KNOW they are doing the exact same thing but somehow feel justified, because, well, they are right!

Can you tell I don't align with either side very well?

Old 09-11-2018, 07:57 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,117,320 times
Foothill areas that went blue in 2016:

Grass Valley 55-32 Clinton-Trump
Nevada City 66-20
Oregon House 57-35
Auburn 56-34
Placerville 47-44

Old 09-15-2018, 02:11 AM

2,511 posts, read 6,269,396 times
Yes, Elliot has the statistics in the previous post. I'll add that the drug problem is fairly common everywhere. Also, don't discount other towns in the foothills. People in the town that are large enough to be small cities are usually very politically moderate. I enjoy those locations because it is actually refreshing to talk to people who haven't chosen the far-left or far-right and can actually have an intelligent conversation because they put facts before ideologies.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:29 AM

42,743 posts, read 25,939,939 times
Quote:
I'm looking for a quiet, retirement foothill town--no snow, lots of sunshine--
that is not overrun with meth heads and/or Republicans, not that there is
anything wrong with meth heads and Republicans.

And I'll take my response off-air.
Thank you.
Nevada City

Old 09-18-2018, 02:12 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,062,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
hahaha. I was just thinking the same thing about both ends of the political spectrum. And how funny it is when one side points the finger at the other side and pretends they aren't doing the exact same thing. Or even better, they KNOW they are doing the exact same thing but somehow feel justified, because, well, they are right!

Can you tell I don't align with either side very well?
The "both sides do it" argument is believed by those who cannot recognize and understand the difference between the two sides and yes, there is a distinct difference in philosophies and values between them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento