U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 05:22 PM

27,180 posts, read 11,359,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I have. Been getting annual raises & bonuses all through the economic crash. And got a fantastic raise/bonus last year. Not sure who your friends are....or line of business. Even my family who work for the state are doing quite well.
My husband works for a major company in Reno and got a 1.5% raise last year and doesn't expect to get any this year. My son works for Contra Costa County got a 5% pay cut in 2011 and just got a 4% raise which still puts him 1% under 2011. Maybe things are a lot different in Sacramento, personally I just don't know anyone who has gotten significant pay raises for the past several years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 05:31 PM
HDL
Status: "Here's to finding common ground" (set 29 days ago)

3,090 posts, read 5,855,644 times
I like the way the inside of this home has been remodeled and the outside looks like it has 'potential' to be very nice. Since I am unfamiliar with this part of Sacramento, is this considered a bad area for the OP? Too close to Stockton Blvd?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Sacramento.../home/19412407

Old 07-16-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I like the way the inside of this home has been remodeled and the outside looks like it has 'potential' to be very nice. Since I am unfamiliar with this part of Sacramento, is this considered a bad area for the OP? Too close to Stockton Blvd?

It's funny that you found that house. It was for sale in the beginning of the year for $140,000. I don't see that it sold, so the owner must have taken it off the market and done some renovations. We actually drove by it at one time. I have no idea why, but when it was sale before those front windows were art glass, for some reason someone took that out and replaced it with regular glass =/ It went back on the market about 2 months ago for $270K and has had a few price reductions since then:
5220 21st Ave, Sacramento, CA 95820 is For Sale - Zillow

when we drove by, the area looked ok except for the dumpy used car lot on the corner.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:45 PM
HDL
Status: "Here's to finding common ground" (set 29 days ago)

3,090 posts, read 5,855,644 times
Actually, investors are buying these homes, rehabbing and flipping them. This is one of them. It sold on March 20th for $152K. I saw another one online also, but didn't reference it. Zillow is the BEST website for showing history because the NRA tries their best to keep us ignorant by scrubbing the MLS info/data in CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's funny that you found that house. It was for sale in the beginning of the year for $140,000. I don't see that it sold, so the owner must have taken it off the market and done some renovations. We actually drove by it at one time. I have no idea why, but when it was sale before those front windows were art glass, for some reason someone took that out and replaced it with regular glass =/ It went back on the market about 2 months ago for $270K and has had a few price reductions since then:
5220 21st Ave, Sacramento, CA 95820 is For Sale - Zillow

when we drove by, the area looked ok except for the dumpy used car lot on the corner.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:12 PM

5,057 posts, read 7,265,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
My husband works for a major company in Reno and got a 1.5% raise last year and doesn't expect to get any this year. My son works for Contra Costa County got a 5% pay cut in 2011 and just got a 4% raise which still puts him 1% under 2011. Maybe things are a lot different in Sacramento, personally I just don't know anyone who has gotten significant pay raises for the past several years.
I really think it depends on the line of business. My brother & I are in healthcare. I'm with a private corp, he's with the state. SIL works for the depart of corrections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post

It's very nice. But, as you noted it's very close to Stockton Blvd. Although, there are people on CD who love the diversity of that area.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:21 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,116,275 times
lol @ people being scared of stockton blvd

Old 07-16-2014, 09:32 PM

184 posts, read 101,425 times
Old Fair Oaks is good and so is old Folsom (they have a superb hospital in Mercy Folsom). Since you mentioned Roseville (in Placer County), you might also consider parts of Auburn. If you move over to El Dorado County, Placerville might have something in your range also. The snow level generally starts closer to 3,000 feet elevation (around Camino, CA) so anything from Placerville down will avoid snow. Hopefully this helps some.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:37 PM

I like Fair Oaks, I thought Folsom would be out of our price range (300K) but it's a lovely town. Auburn and Placerville are a bit far, part of our reason for moving is to be closer to our grown kids (and grandkids) who live in Vacaville, Oakland, and San Francisco.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:07 PM

5,057 posts, read 7,265,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
lol @ people being scared of stockton blvd
not scared.

OP, I found something in old Roseville. I can't believe how cheap these houses are!
125 South Lincoln Street, Roseville CA For Sale - Trulia

Old 07-16-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
not scared.

OP, I found something in old Roseville. I can't believe how cheap these houses are!
125 South Lincoln Street, Roseville CA For Sale - Trulia
That is gorgeous! Exactly what we are looking for, and a good sized lot too! We are going to have to go look at that, I'm lusting over it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or