Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:45 AM

751 posts, read 1,178,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtroy View Post
Im in the mortgage business. I am not sure whats going on in Sacramento but I do know whats going on in the states I do business in. Do you think if I buy a house now I will have lost money owning it 8 or 10 years from now? If you think it will be worth less than what I paid in 10 years you might need an examination. You can't tell someone they will loose money on a house if you dont know how long they are going to own it. How about this, I keep it until its worth more than what I paid.
I dont think ill have to wait very long, judjing from the rate cuts and the past propery values in cali.
I don't understand why you would want to buy something now knowing that prices have not even hit rockbottom yet, it is possible that prices might go down another 20%. Why not wait until the market bottoms out?? Underwriting is very tight now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 12:16 PM

29 posts, read 69,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
I don't understand why you would want to buy something now knowing that prices have not even hit rockbottom yet, it is possible that prices might go down another 20%. Why not wait until the market bottoms out?? Underwriting is very tight now.
How are you so sure prices will go down? What if i rent and prices start to go back up?
When will this 20% price drop happen adn where exactly so I can get ready to buy when it does?

Old 12-04-2007, 01:39 PM

751 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
How are you so sure prices will go down? What if i rent and prices start to go back up? When will this 20% price drop happen adn where exactly so I can get ready to buy when it does?
It is called basic Economics. Market is flooded with supply and there is no demand to meet the supply. When that happens, prices will have to go down otherwise builders and sellers will be stuck with inventory forever. Haven't you read the news lately about the subprime mortgage crisis and the credit crunch?. Stockton, not too far from Sacramento has the worst foreclosure rate in the nation. Sacramento is top 6 nationally in foreclosures. I think 20% is a very conservative estimate. Too many houses, not enough buyers and credit is tightening. Actually I watched the round table on CSPAN 2 today about the current subprime crisis and it seems like mortgage lenders are changing the rules of the game drastically, even the CEO of Countrywide regrets what they did, including the so called "no doc" or "low doc" loans, mortgage loans with no or very little documentation required. I believe those days are over. If you want to buy a house right away, you better have a substantial down payment.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
It is called basic Economics. Market is flooded with supply and there is no demand to meet the supply. When that happens, prices will have to go down otherwise builders and sellers will be stuck with inventory forever. Haven't you read the news lately about the subprime mortgage crisis and the credit crunch?. Stockton, not too far from Sacramento has the worst foreclosure rate in the nation. Sacramento is top 6 nationally in foreclosures. I think 20% is a very conservative estimate. Too many houses, not enough buyers and credit is tightening. Actually I watched the round table on CSPAN 2 today about the current subprime crisis and it seems like mortgage lenders are changing the rules of the game drastically, even the CEO of Countrywide regrets what they did, including the so called "no doc" or "low doc" loans, mortgage loans with no or very little documentation required. I believe those days are over. If you want to buy a house right away, you better have a substantial down payment.

I already mentioned to you I was the manager of a mortgage company. You can go back and search my previous posts if you dont believe me. What your tellimng me here is REALLY old news. This has been going on for a very long time already. Most people who took the ARM loans took 2 adn 3 year ARMS. That wave will be all but finished come spring time. I just find it hard to believe you can see the future asnd you are sure prices wil drop another 20%. Again I know nothing about your area so you could be right, but if you think that prices are going to drop 20% across the board I think your wrong.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:41 AM

216 posts, read 376,978 times
Quote:
who took the ARM loans took 2 adn 3 year ARMS. That wave will be all but finished come spring time.
Sorry the facts contradict your statement. See the figure in
Foreclosure solutions won't be easy - Mortgage mess - MSNBC.com.

Now is the peak for foreclosures but the end will come in 2012
not next spring according to creditsuise figures: a very
respectable source.

Whether this applies to Sacramento is another issue.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpd View Post
Sorry the facts contradict your statement. See the figure in
Foreclosure solutions won't be easy - Mortgage mess - MSNBC.com.

Now is the peak for foreclosures but the end will come in 2012
not next spring according to creditsuise figures: a very
respectable source.

Whether this applies to Sacramento is another issue.
How can the foreclosures keep coming if the subprime market will have long been over with? The only people who have got a mortgage in the last 12 months are the people who have 680 credit scores or big money down and I dont see them forclosing because they had to prove they could afford to get that loan.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:48 AM

216 posts, read 376,978 times
Quote:
How can the foreclosures keep coming if the subprime market will have long been over with? The only people who have got a mortgage in the last 12 months are the people who have 680 credit scores or big money down and I dont see them forclosing because they had to prove they could afford to get that loan.
Well you said you were in the mortgage business, but perhaps you should read
the story and figures I posted. Suisecredit is a respected banking house.

Essentially the teaser rates were typically for
2-3 years so people borrowing at the start of this year won't be hit with the
higher rates which cause foreclosure until 2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento