Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 04:51 PM

13 posts, read 17,723 times

Advertisements

Peace & Blessing guys

i am plan on taking a much much needed vacation to Sacramento. I havent been there since i was about 8 years old and was wondering what are some spots i need to check out such as:

gentleman clubs
places to eat

and just events that may be happening
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 08:17 PM

6,904 posts, read 8,275,166 times
SACRAMENTO FUN:

Stay at the Citizen Hotel, walk and a ride a bike to the following:

Drink Beer at the Beer Garden, 24th and K Streets!

Ride a bike throughout midtown, during the day, and on a weeknight, wear a helmet with a bright strobing light.

Walk through Capitol park with your sweetheart.

Dance it up! At a live music venue! Harlows, Ace of Spades, Torch Club, Press Club

Go to a Drag show at Badlands. Bring lots of dollar bills so you can flatter the performers.

Smoke a certain weed with your friends, then eat at Jimboys Tacos.

Spend a half day at the Crocker Art Museum.

Take your kids to a Kings game. Wear purple and bring a cowbell. Pretend you know the good players, Rudy Gay, DeMarcus Cousins, and Isaiah Thomas so dedicated fans respect you. Tell them you can't wait for the New Arena and you will be at the demolition party in May. If you do, they will buy you Jimboys Tacos and ice cream for your kids.

Dine al fresco at one of 30 quality restaurants within the midtown. I'll count on other Sacramentans to post their favorites and why.

Last edited by Chimérique; 03-17-2014 at 09:20 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 09:51 PM

12,839 posts, read 9,562,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderboltFist View Post
Peace & Blessing guys

i am plan on taking a much much needed vacation to Sacramento. I havent been there since i was about 8 years old and was wondering what are some spots i need to check out such as:

gentleman clubs
places to eat

Awesome. Peace and blessings and then where the hell are the scrip clubs!!

Old 03-19-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Awesome. Peace and blessings and then where the hell are the scrip clubs!!
There is one in midtown(I think it still is), and way out on Highway 50, big giant place. There are probably a lot more, and beaucoup asian massage parlors!
Peace and blessings.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:32 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,282,794 times
Strip clubs in Midtown? No, not since Club 400 closed and that was in the mid-1990s. Unless you're counting burlesque nights at Assembly. Maybe you're thinking of the place on Richards?

Old 03-19-2014, 11:10 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,652,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Strip clubs in Midtown? No, not since Club 400 closed and that was in the mid-1990s. Unless you're counting burlesque nights at Assembly. Maybe you're thinking of the place on Richards?
I hope that place doesn't count as Midtown! Yeah, not much in the way of strip joints near the center city. In that way, just like in bike infrastructure and public transit, we seriously lag our compatriots in Portland.

As for places to eat and stuff to do, what are you into? If it were me, I'd rent a bike, cruise the trails, hit up a couple breweries, grab whatever food I was in the mood for, maybe finish the night at one of our fine dive bars. I'm not much of an extrovert, but people are generally friendly, depending somewhat on the bar.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:36 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,282,794 times
Doesn't Portland pretty much have the highest number of strip clubs per capita in the country or something?

One of the consequences of West End redevelopment was the destruction of our old burlesque and strip clubs: we used to have a bunch, and there was an attempt at "burlesque revival" in the mid 1960s, but the Chamber of Commerce types and the City Council put the kibosh on that, on the assumption that nightlife was bad for business, and many people still consider that sort of thing "tawdry," assuming that world-class cities prefer more wholesome family entertainment. I found a story recently about a "male burlesque" club on 19th and Broadway that was closed down shortly after opening due to a local blue law that, for all I know, may still be on the books.

Meanwhile, there are now actually three local burlesque troupes: the Sizzling Sirens, the Bodacious Bombshells, and the Darling Clementines. The Sirens do a regular show at Assembly, the Clementines at Marilyn's on K, and the Bombshells have moved around from the Blue Lamp and the Starlite to the Colonial.
The Darling Clementines Bohemian Burlesque Review! - Downtown/Midtown (Sacramento, CA) - Meetup
Bodacious Bombshells Burlesque Revue
THE SIZZLING SIRENS BURLESQUE EXPERIENCE

Old 03-19-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Meanwhile, there are now actually three local burlesque troupes: the Sizzling Sirens, the Bodacious Bombshells, and the Darling Clementines. The Sirens do a regular show at Assembly, the Clementines at Marilyn's on K, and the Bombshells have moved around from the Blue Lamp and the Starlite to the Colonial.
The Darling Clementines Bohemian Burlesque Review! - Downtown/Midtown (Sacramento, CA) - Meetup
Awesome, I love burlesque! Strip joints-not my style.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:45 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,207,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderboltFist View Post
Peace & Blessing guys

gentleman clubs
places to eat

strip clubs? I recommend Gold Club Centerfolds in Rancho Cordova. It's not too far of a drive from Sac. All the main adult entertainers go there.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:05 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,652,565 times
Quote:
Doesn't Portland pretty much have the highest number of strip clubs per capita in the country or something?

One of the consequences of West End redevelopment was the destruction of our old burlesque and strip clubs: we used to have a bunch, and there was an attempt at "burlesque revival" in the mid 1960s, but the Chamber of Commerce types and the City Council put the kibosh on that, on the assumption that nightlife was bad for business, and many people still consider that sort of thing "tawdry," assuming that world-class cities prefer more wholesome family entertainment. I found a story recently about a "male burlesque" club on 19th and Broadway that was closed down shortly after opening due to a local blue law that, for all I know, may still be on the books.

Yeah, Portland does have a huge number. No idea why, but it's amazing how many you notice just wandering around the city. Strip club across the street from the cool brunch spot, etc.

I dig the burlesque revival thing. Don't often seek it out, but enjoy it as its own thing. The crowd has fun, dancers seem to have fun, and since you're not distracted by pesky nudity, you can appreciate the artistry. I saw the Sirens (I believe) at a French-themed evening event at Crocker, and one of the development directors for Crocker closed the night with a fantastic line: "Well, that's probably the first time you've ever seen nipple pasties at an art museum...but hopefully it's not the last!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento