Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 10:26 AM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacite View Post
For example, our drivers are absolutely horrendous and regularly rate as some of the worst in the country in most objective polls.
Like I said, people in every forum on CD say their metro has the worst drivers. It's almost like a bragging contest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
I stand by LA drivers as being the best in the country. They drive fast, but they all make it work. Everyone stays to the right when they don't feel like driving fast. People let people merge and or cut in, not because they are courteous, but because it keeps traffic moving. Everyone in LA is in sync, mentally connected with one common goal: keep traffic moving and keep it moving fast, and when it breaks down, clear it up as quickly as possible. Everyone has alternate routes. Major boulevards do not have left turn signals so two- traffic is never interrupted, rather you must wait until traffic is clear and you make that left turn on the yellow and 2 others follow behind you, and oncoming traffic knows this and they are prepared for it. LA freeways and roads are amazing; they wrote the book on transportation by automobile.
I noticed the part about L.A. drivers letting people merge and cut in, too. Way better than Bay Area drivers who NEVER do.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
sigh
I second that. We know our universities aren't very good when our graduates don't know the difference between "too / to" and "you're / your". That's stuff I mastered by 4th grade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento