Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:50 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto_guy View Post
Hey,

I just found this forum and a whole bunch of you guys dissing the
Sacto Ghettos. Let me tell you all, high and mighty living in your
gated communities and 30 year roofed homes that there is more
community in Del Paso heights and South Sac than any of your
foo foo communities.

How many of your neighbors will lend you money or medicine
without asking why?
How many of you can count on someone baby-sitting
if you need to work an extra job?

I'm guessing you don't even know your neighbors.

So don't be dissing the ghettos. When your in the poor-house
you need your neighbors and that builds community better
than any star-bucks or park..
I used to live in a low-income area in a town outside Chicago growing up. Neighbors all knew each other and there was free interaction. The neighborhood and streets were busy with activity of people laughing, playing, having good conversations. Kids played together, played sports together, and generally had a lot to keep them busy. You could go next door and get sugar from a neighbor, sure. If you need help for some extra work, yeah there were plenty available. Plenty of interesting, dynamic people around. The place was very live. Fun place to be..or so I thought.

Then one day when I was about 8, one Sunday evening I found myself among a large group of kids in the big baseball fields near the elementary and junior high schools near my house. What had started out as an innocent playtime with kids on a street, had slowly turned into a small mob comprised of older and younger kids who were trying to figure out what to do with two stray kittens that had been caught by some young kids while playing. One of the older kids suggested somebody set the kittens on fire. Can you believe the mentality behind that? A couple kids ran home and got lighter fluid, and as I saw them approaching, I back away from that group, trying to save myself from the horror. I eventually turned and ran, but not soon enough or fast enough to hear two squeals from two poor kittens that had been ignited. I couldn't help but turn and take a quick glance to confirm and two small flames is what I saw.

As I walked home, my 8 year old mind struggled to make sense of it. "What kind of people are these?", I thought, "to be able to burn two animals like that?" I concluded at that young age that I have nothing in common with such people. It is the vile nature that one is more likely to encounter in the ghetto. Sure, your neighbors you can borrow sugar from, but what about the person who is passing through because he can't afford to go anywhere else? You know, the guy with the criminal record who will rape your daughter or stab your son? Or his buddy who will kill you or rob your house if the circumstances warrant it. If you're happy there, more power to you. I prefer an environment that is very much UNLIKE it.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:25 AM

7 posts, read 9,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanInSF View Post
two poor kittens that had been ignited.

will rape your daughter or stab your son? Or his buddy who will kill you or rob your house
You guys have some nerve. People in the ghetto burn cats
and rape and stab. It's amazing that its just not a pile of
burnt dead bodies out there. Yeah you nailed it: we all
got nothing better to do after working multiple jobs
than go around looking for cats or your son or daughter.

And people in foo foo neighborhoods are better of:
people who are forever trying to keep
up with the jones, ignoring their kids and wife. I've worked my
share of delivery jobs: we all know about the bored house-wifes
but I'm seen men dressed as woman, men leaving their bath robes
open (flashers). So whose more messed up? Some kids who are being
cruel or some guy whose dressed as a woman or wants to give
you a private peep show.

Man you try that stuff in the ghetto and see what happens.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:31 AM

7 posts, read 9,074 times
I'm leaving this forum.

You seem to think the Ghetto is a bunch of Buckwheat type characters
who murder, rape and cat-burn and your better than all of us. But
your not.

And what's all this back-peddling crap like "Ghetto is a state of mind"
according to cityx? At least have the back-bone to stand by your
comments. By Ghettos you meant South Sac etc. You can't re-write
your old posts I can see them.

Were just poor. Because we didn't go to college because a parent was sick
or our parents drank the college fund or we didn't have no role models.
That's all. We're not bad, we're poor and I'm glad to be around good honest
respectable people who don't have money so all they got is their values
and their respect.

Ghetto-man out!

Old 12-15-2007, 01:23 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
Quote:
I'm leaving this forum.

your not.

and their respect.

Ghetto-man out!
Well, if you're poor and completely happy, why fault people who think differently? I don't care for the ghetto at all.

There are so many ways to get a college degree now and so many options on how to pay for it. You don't even have to leave your home. No excuses.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:58 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,379,006 times
Quote:
I'm leaving this forum.

your not.

and their respect.

Ghetto-man out!
Those of us who actually grew up in a ghetto are smart enough not to want to return. Your defensive bravado, challenging everyone out shows a lack of understanding, a lack of REAL ghetto experience, and a pathetic inability to distinguish between being poor and the pack-like cruelty that a ghetto environment breeds. With your current "throw down" mentality you will take the ghetto with you wherever you live.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:44 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,827,960 times
Quote:

who murder, rape and cat-burn..
Man, why you dissin' Buckwheat like that?

Although he did belong to a Gang, wasn't too smart, wore his hair in a weird do, and spoke with an extreme accent, he never murdered or raped anybody, and certainly never burned any cats.

And, he was a much better singer and dancer than some others in the Gang, especially that Alfalfa character.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:19 PM

553 posts, read 2,331,720 times
Quote:
Hey,

I just found this forum and a whole bunch of you guys dissing the
Sacto Ghettos. Let me tell you all, high and mighty living in your
gated communities and 30 year roofed homes that there is more
community in Del Paso heights and South Sac than any of your
foo foo communities.

How many of your neighbors will lend you money or medicine
without asking why?
How many of you can count on someone baby-sitting
if you need to work an extra job?

I'm guessing you don't even know your neighbors.

So don't be dissing the ghettos. When your in the poor-house
you need your neighbors and that builds community better
than any star-bucks or park..
I lived in the Sacto ghettos and was fortunate enough to work 3 jobs and later afford a nicer lifestyle. The only difference I see is the level of education. I ended up in Folsom before I moved out of state and I knew all of my neighbors. Doctors, Lawyers, Business owners, Nurses, college professors etc... Before all of that my neighbors were a mix (probably 80% were working and 20% were full time criminals) of hard working low paying job folks (I was one of them) and criminals. Now I live in an area with 99% working and 1% criminals (most likely white collar crimes)
I have nothing against people who live in the ghetto but I certainly won't tell someone to purposely live there!
I don't know call me crazy but I would rather live in a nice neighborhood if I could. South Sac was dangerous. Twice I has a SWAT team in my backyard and being told to evacuate my home (shooter)
Another time the helicopter tells the entire neighborhood to lock their doors and stay inside as they were trying to apprehend a bank robber. I was also robbed in North Highlands and my friend was shot in the stomach leaving his friends house in a drive by shooting downtown etc...
I am glad that you have neighbors you can depend on. I do too in my foo foo neighborhood.
I do have a question for you, Why is it that so many people who have grown up in the ghetto and done well for themselves in their adult years never return to live there?
Pro football players, low income students who get a degree and make bank in their adult years..why did they choose a foo foo neighborhood if they grew up and are familiar with the ghetto?

Old 12-18-2007, 07:37 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,159,764 times
Quote:
....I've worked my
share of delivery jobs: we all know about the bored house-wifes
but I'm seen men dressed as woman, men leaving their bath robes
open (flashers). So whose more messed up? Some kids who are being
cruel or some guy whose dressed as a woman or wants to give
you a private peep show.

Man you try that stuff in the ghetto and see what happens.
Kids and adults being cruel is worse than a guy dressing as a woman, or someone with his or her bathrobe being open. But I've lived in ghettos, and I never have known anyone to care about whether someone is flashing, the hookers do it fairly often.

It's funny how ghetto dwellers are the most racist people of all!

At any rate, make sure you don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, it'll do that if you're too slow.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:47 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,580,242 times
Look man, the ghetto is the ghetto for a reason. Nobody has said it yet, so I will. Maybe you are an upstanding citizen in the ghetto, but not everybody is. You may work multiple jobs and have a good family life, but most in the ghetto dont.

Thats why its the ghetto. If there is so much community and pride, why do most of the houses look like crap. Ever heard of a rake? Don't give me the "poor ol me" crap. Everyone has choices in this life. You either choose to do the right thing, or the wrong.

You mentioned its hard to get a job out of prison. Why is going to prison even an option?? A choice was made in that person's life to not do the right thing, and they got sent to prison. We should feel sorry for that person. They made a choice. The people in the "foo foo" areas made a choice to be successfull. You act like nobody in those areas has worked there asses off for what they have. Maybe if the people in your neighborhood would take some initiative to do something successfull with themselves, it wouldn't be called the ghetto.

Like I said, the ghetto is the ghetto for a reason. Most people that live there make it that way. Notice I didn't say all.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:14 PM

95 posts, read 466,841 times
I just want to say that some people are handed down money, and they didn't work their asses off to get it. Also what do you call trailer parks the Ghetto also???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Look man, the ghetto is the ghetto for a reason. Nobody has said it yet, so I will. Maybe you are an upstanding citizen in the ghetto, but not everybody is. You may work multiple jobs and have a good family life, but most in the ghetto dont.

Thats why its the ghetto. If there is so much community and pride, why do most of the houses look like crap. Ever heard of a rake? Don't give me the "poor ol me" crap. Everyone has choices in this life. You either choose to do the right thing, or the wrong.

You mentioned its hard to get a job out of prison. Why is going to prison even an option?? A choice was made in that person's life to not do the right thing, and they got sent to prison. We should feel sorry for that person. They made a choice. The people in the "foo foo" areas made a choice to be successfull. You act like nobody in those areas has worked there asses off for what they have. Maybe if the people in your neighborhood would take some initiative to do something successfull with themselves, it wouldn't be called the ghetto.

Like I said, the ghetto is the ghetto for a reason. Most people that live there make it that way. Notice I didn't say all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento