Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 03:09 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,323,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
I see crime shooting through the ceiling before, during, and after every Kings game in the immediate area of the arena. The NBA is NOT "family friendly".
One of the benefits of having Arco Arena out in the boondocks, I suppose. But I don't recall hearing about rowdy, criminal behavior during or after games or perhaps it just wasn't reported. The again, my memory isn't what it used to be. I suppose being downtown in the midst of bars, stores and restaurants could make a difference. I hope not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 05:13 PM

771 posts, read 1,575,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
One of the benefits of having Arco Arena out in the boondocks, I suppose. But I don't recall hearing about rowdy, criminal behavior during or after games or perhaps it just wasn't reported. The again, my memory isn't what it used to be. I suppose being downtown in the midst of bars, stores and restaurants could make a difference. I hope not.
Natomas has no (free, since many jump on light rail without a ticket) real public transit to get to the games. With light rail right by the arena every scumbag in Sacramento is going to be hanging around the arena all the time. Easy pickin's.

Old 06-13-2014, 04:41 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,638,937 times
While you've never bothered providing any evidence that public transit increases crime rates, there are sometimes people with baggy pants near light rail stops, so you're probably right.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuns View Post
While you've never bothered providing any evidence that public transit increases crime rates, there are sometimes people with baggy pants near light rail stops, so you're probably right.
Ride the "ghetto line" - the south line - a time or two. Shortly after it was installed, within a couple of weeks if memory serves, there was the first ever shooting in the Downtown Plaza.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:44 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,563,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
Natomas has no (free, since many jump on light rail without a ticket) real public transit to get to the games. With light rail right by the arena every scumbag in Sacramento is going to be hanging around the arena all the time. Easy pickin's.
Easy pickings with 1,000's of other people around?? I had two issues in several yrs living near that area. One, when a guy followed me to an ATM, and a second time when 2 kids were talking loudly about "jacking" me for the Macy's bag I was carrying. I defused both potential problems before anything happened, but in each case there was not another person in sight.

The most likely issues to occur (if any) around the new arena are drunken fights or normal problems associateed with large groups of people in close proximity to bars/clubs.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:17 AM

8,680 posts, read 17,197,096 times
Indeed--the most dangerous street is one with no witnesses. Thousands of people being present facilitates some types of crime (like drunk and disorderly, or pickpockets) but deters others, like muggings and assaults, that depend on a lack of witnesses.

Of course, an even better strategy for neighborhood safety is the "eyes on the street" factor that comes from having lots of residents who are out regularly, observing the neighborhood, and taking an active interest because they live there. A few more downtown residents (actually in the CBD, not in nearby neighborhoods) would make a huge difference for public safety as well as the local economy.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:44 PM

660 posts, read 1,076,107 times
Quote:
Ride the "ghetto line" - the south line - a time or two. Shortly after it was installed, within a couple of weeks if memory serves, there was the first ever shooting in the Downtown Plaza.
This couldn't POSSIBLY be a coincidence, because poor people don't have cars, nor do they know people with cars or steal cars to get around.

I bet those gang bangers wake up every morning thanking Thug Jesus for Light Rail so that they can FINALLY go to places where suburban white folks are and rob/murder/scare them and feed their families.

Why does this forum still entertain this bull**** from this guy and Bluevelo?

Old 06-14-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeJeH View Post
This couldn't POSSIBLY be a coincidence, because poor people don't have cars, nor do they know people with cars or steal cars to get around.

I bet those gang bangers wake up every morning thanking Thug Jesus for Light Rail so that they can FINALLY go to places where suburban white folks are and rob/murder/scare them and feed their families.

Why does this forum still entertain this bull**** from this guy and Bluevelo?
Perhaps because it's true no matter how much deniers and reverse-racists try to wish it away.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:26 PM

21,662 posts, read 24,789,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Indeed--the most dangerous street is one with no witnesses. Thousands of people being present facilitates some types of crime (like drunk and disorderly, or pickpockets) but deters others, like muggings and assaults, that depend on a lack of witnesses.

Of course, an even better strategy for neighborhood safety is the "eyes on the street" factor that comes from having lots of residents who are out regularly, observing the neighborhood, and taking an active interest because they live there. A few more downtown residents (actually in the CBD, not in nearby neighborhoods) would make a huge difference for public safety as well as the local economy.
You've never been to a Raiders game.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:09 PM

660 posts, read 1,076,107 times
Quote:
Perhaps because it's true no matter how much deniers and reverse-racists try to wish it away.
Oh yeah? You talked to the guy that did it? He told you that he took light rail so he could shoot somebody at Downtown Plaza? Got any evidence that isn't completely circumstantial?

By the way what the hell does reverse-racism mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento