Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 11:50 AM

4 posts, read 7,063 times

Advertisements

Hi there! My wife and I are looking to buy our first home and settle in an area. We fell in love with the new houses on the east side of Lincoln, but I recently took a new job way down in the Galt area.

I don't necessarily mind the long commute except it means less time with the kids. We have also looked at the woodside homes in Anatolia/sunridge/kabala ranch part of rancho Cordova. Great, more fancy homes but not as peaceful as Lincoln.

I have not made my way down to see the areas going in Elk Grove but I hear good things.

I appreciate your advice in advance and will try to get back here and respond to your posts. I apologize for any misspellings --posting from my phone. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 01:31 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,141,473 times
That part of Rancho doesn't experience much in the way of activity because it's just homes and parks surrounded by lots of open space. So, If you find that part of Rancho not as peaceful as Lincoln I doubt you would be happy with the new or newer developments in EG which is more urbanized. Wilton might suit your needs as you wont have neighbors a few feet away and the schools for that area are not bad. East EG would also be worth considering. You might consider living in Galt, find a home away from town. However, I would check the performance of the local schools.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:53 PM

Thank you so Mich! Yeah I prefer a more rural setting but I haven't seen anything in our price range inside Wilton. I will definitely check out the areas of Galt, I think the only reservation of actually moving there is that our friends and kids grandparents are out in Roseville and antelope areas

Old 07-13-2014, 03:23 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,803,480 times
Not sure what type of job you've accepted in Galt, but there isn't a lot happening there. The biggest industry I remember was the medical community/hospital. However, jobs change, and you may want to just bite the bullet & live close to friends/family.

The commute wouldn't be that bad if you have flexible hours and can be there before 730 am.
Or you could check out south EG, eastern Galt or even Hearld which is rural, and quite beautiful.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:34 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,243,928 times
They are all the same.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:42 PM

3 posts, read 4,058 times
When comparing Kavala Ranch and Anatolia I would chose Anatolia. The community clubhouse is awesome, pools, work out room, tennis courts, basketball courts, parks, and walking trails. Also the elementary school within the community I have only heard great things about. Rancho Cordova off of Zinfandel is also doing some great building and bringing in restaurants and shopping near by. Eventually they are supposed to build grocery stores on the corner of Douglas Blvd and Sunrise Blvd but from what I've heard they will build a grocery store off of Zinfandel in the shopping center near the Lowes before they build on right by the Anatolia communities.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:49 PM

5 posts, read 9,863 times
I can't find the difference between them

Old 07-14-2014, 02:00 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,243,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonfranz View Post
I can't find the difference between them

Old 07-14-2014, 06:26 AM

@Majin and @AllisonFranz

Well, I'm more-so considering the community than the homes themselves. As in, where would you rather raise your family?

I'm preferential to the "country" feel in Lincoln, but the new commute is obviously longer to Galt area. So that's why I thought perhaps the forum had some more intimate experience with Elk Grove and Rancho to help make the decision. We like the idea of a new house, but it's not mandatory so we're looking into some resale homes in different areas as well.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:04 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,786,361 times
Uh, commutes matter. Depending upon your wife's work, do look at Galt, or at least Elk Grove
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento