Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 08:30 PM

6 posts, read 40,202 times

Advertisements

Just a few areas to be aware of in "South Sac" and some "North Sac" are the following heavy activity areas: Meadowview, Elder Creek, Florin area within South Sac, Broderick/Bryte within West Sac, (following are North Sac) North Highlands, Citrus Heights, Rancho Cordova.

West Sac also has a really nice up-and-coming area with a brand new high school/community center with mid to upper class type homes and behavior. Greenhaven/Pocket area is huge with mid to upper class type homes with gang elements on the fringes of it and some sprinkled in the middle.

Just because you live in a "gang-type" area doesn't mean you're not a good person it just means you'll be dealing with alot more really bad elements in the schools and on the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 04:42 AM

76 posts, read 191,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Actually it looks like he is right, or close enough for Government work.

As of Dec 20, 2007, "The District Attorney's Office has validated 223 different gangs in Sacramento County to date."

Deputy's Death Highlights Gang Activity - Sacramento News Story - KCRA Sacramento (http://www.kcra.com/news/14902514/detail.html - broken link)

RandomU
The DA's office? Which is politically motivated to throw as many people in jail as possible, and therefore make up the existence of as many gangs as they can get away with? I'd be interested in reading the DA office's criteria for validating gangs. I'll bet you it's hilarious. Honestly, I'd take the word of a lot of gang members before I'd take the word of the DA's office.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:33 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,122 times
Bad things happen at the Rancho Cordova light rail stations. Lots of the color red. On clothing and the ground.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:43 PM

76 posts, read 191,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Bad things happen at the Rancho Cordova light rail stations. Lots of the color red. On clothing and the ground.
LOL. It's the Howard Cossell of the gang world, everyone.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 AM

433 posts, read 1,618,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
lol, riiigggghhhttttt. Gangsters don't take the light rail, that wouldn't be very gangster now would it? Gotta roll in an 88' Buick with a minimum rim diameter of 20", nothing less. Lots of state workers and homeless people on the light rail though, which is even scarier.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 8,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpd View Post
Hi,

I'm curious to know what is precisely the level of
gang activity (please provide pointers to sources
if any) and precisely where is it occuring. So don't just
say south Sac because that includes Lands Park
and Pocket which are nicer neighborhoods!
Yeah Land park is not as nice as you think Bro. Thats all I have to say. Period.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:55 PM

398 posts, read 1,331,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy221 View Post
Ok, I am considering moving from Miami, FL to Sacramento. After reading this thread, I am left wondering - are the gang issues in Sacramento worse than those in Miami or my previous home of Atlanta?

So, I did some checking, and most, if not all, of the major crime categories are in the 1.5 times the national average range for Sac. Where as ATL and MIA, are consistently in the 3.5+ range. This would indicate to me that the situation may not be as dire as this thread would lead people to believe.

Currently, I am renting a room in S Broward (Carol City area) and am a 33y/o white male (1 of 3 in Miami). And have not experienced anything more than a few dirty looks in the 2 months I've lived here. After living here, I feel as though anywhere else would be fairly tame, with the exception of say, East LA? I've been told the primary difference between EC/WC gangs is the WC gangs are divided by race and sect, vs. the EC where its more of a drug and neighborhood battle.

Does anyone have experience with the aforementioned cities compared to Sac?

Let me help you here..The East Coast(Florida) gangs are not like they are in the West Coast..Florida mostly has drug dealing cliques(Mostly Hispanic and Black).They dont care about (Red or Blue) gang colors out there..In Sac, Hispanics dominate the gang community, Its mostly Nortenos and some Sureno gangs..I would still say that the greater Miami area has more crime than Sacramento..

Last edited by DjRey; 08-31-2009 at 04:11 PM..

Old 09-12-2009, 03:33 PM

2 posts, read 16,131 times
Exclamation Waat?

this guy is a complete idiot and a stereotypical prick i know plenty of gangsters that ride the literail bekuz they dnt hav cars or because they sell drugs at these lightrail stops this is a perect example of an idiot who is not from south sacramento plainly obvious and need to head to south sacramento literail stations next time you post have some knowledge on the subject

Old 09-12-2009, 06:35 PM

2 posts, read 16,131 times
Also there are various more neighborhoods to watch out for in south sacramento such as valley hi, fruitridge particularly young st, 42nd st, and Dewey Blvd, The Diamands, Garden Block, The Flats also referred to as avondale, G Parkway, oak park which people argue is south and mid sac, and 47th ave

Old 09-12-2009, 09:00 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,894,629 times
Use the map. With the advanced search functions here, you can look at the amount of gang activity in a given area. There are a lot of neighborhoods with a fair amount of gang activity that you aren't mentioning like downtown.

Online feature - Crimemapper - sacbee.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento