Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 12:12 AM

1,354 posts, read 6,377,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardius View Post
Use the map. With the advanced search functions here, you can look at the amount of gang activity in a given area. There are a lot of neighborhoods with a fair amount of gang activity that you aren't mentioning like downtown.

Online feature - Crimemapper - sacbee.com
Crimemap is not that accurate. Alot of things that happen are not reported to the police. Or the cops show up but everyone has left the scene and that is the end of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 02:11 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,894,981 times
I think its more accurate than anything else in this thread. Its from a reliable third party source, the police, not some anonymous person on the internet. Second when there is a real problem people will take the time to file a report with the police. Additionally its also dated and it shows where incidents are happening. So you can have an idea of the magnitude of problems - compare how many incidents in Citrus Heights vs Downtown, vs Meadowview or Folsom.

I find that useful. My idea of dangerous might be different than your idea of dangerous. By looking at the data, people can decide for themselves how good or bad a neighborhood is.

Online feature - Crimemapper - sacbee.com

Old 02-01-2010, 10:39 PM

2 posts, read 7,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut916 View Post
I am by far no advocate of gangs but I wanted to state that gangs have always and will always exsist!.some gangs have been accepted into mainstream society as the norm,while others have been stigmatized!.The Local police and armed services can be seen as types of gangs,churches and masonic or religious or social orientated groups can be called gangs,along with political parties!.gang is just a word for a group of people who unite for a common goal!.the true problem are not gangs but the social and spiritual decay and drug usage in our cities across America!.One sign of social breakdown is when people stop identifing with national groups and start identifing with smaller and smaller groups(west vs. east,L.A. vs. Sac,the northside vs. the southside,4th street vs. rennick block,etc).just the other day me and my girlfriend went to Cal Expo to celeb. the 4th of July,while watching the fire works 3 young arian men gave the NAZI salute!wow!.being African Am. I was offended and started honestly to provoke a fight,a fight with all three!.I toyed with this thought for several minutes.then it hit me!.This is AMERICA!!!! ...and its their right to do what they feel as long as they dont infrige on the rights of others or practice habits that lead to the harm of others!.My father's father fought to protect that right in WWII and my father fought for that right in Korea and V.Nam.!.Gangs go back to the tribal period of human civilizations.I just joined a gang in a sence(lol),its called C.D.F ha ha ha(city data forum!).with that said open your eyes and focus on yourself and whats really important in life;BEING IN THE GANG THAT WILL WIN THE MOST TURF!!!!! I gang bang everyday but not for dope money or respect or protection!. I bang for LOVE!, ...I bang Christ and the rightousness of my Heavenly father!. so when I see a young thug or gang member(police,army off.,crip,blood,northe,southerner,skinhead or who ever)I try to bring them into God's gang!.just like Marvin Gaye said "the whole world is a ghetto"..........Its just your state of mind!
gangs are outlaws and the church is not a sect of crime.christains are peace makers and i my self isnt a victam of demonic practise.so when you try to state or define gangs seek with in yourself and keep it real cains offspring.gangs abuse their right of free will.doing all type of evil for the root of all evil.demoinic spawns is evadent in this acts of evil that are done.i fill that if one gange member do a crime all those praise the act through mouth should also be charged.it says in the decleration of of independence that any government of this sort should be delt with according to the crime. eye for an eye tooth for a tooth.to me gangs or tolerated terrorist that the high athority is accepting freely.gangs are not hard to find and when thir acts are seen with violence i think that america should automaticaly hunt them until they are all examples of crimes.are high up peaple getting money for their acts?i dont know but some times i fill as if they are.i so police kill them all they are nt hard to find.i think all violent offenders that seek to kill for money are gangs and should not be given mercy for we all see what happens when not.they muiltiply its eather us or them and i have a cwp to say i should not be ****ed with ill hallah jah be my witteness and to me taking out a gangmember for fun is not murder i have rights against wicked goverment such as gangs[terrorist] i hit them up levit style....read your bible what ever JAH say do do it for ZION to mannifast through rightousness.for if they lay off cops which we need whos winning they[tolerated terrorist]the beast 666 gangs drugdealers,bullys and faggits to be burnd in their babylonic state.....

Old 02-28-2010, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,880 times
29st Gardons is a very dangerous gang....

Old 02-28-2010, 09:53 PM

68 posts, read 315,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
since there are about 250 active gangs in sacramento representing many ethnic groups, the type of racial slur you scream will determine which gang you will experience.

The black and hispanic gangs are easy. Everyone knows those racial slurs, but the asian gangs are a bit more difficult because many of their racial slurs are in their own language. The same applies to the russian, romanian and other european gangs.

The white american gangs, are difficult to insult with racial slurs because many of them are don't even realize they are being insulted. A better way to get their attention would be to burn a dixie flag or a swastika.

lol

Old 02-28-2010, 11:57 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,261,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic44 View Post
29st Gardons is a very dangerous gang....
You joined just to post this?

Old 03-03-2010, 10:12 PM

5 posts, read 21,788 times
Oh my goodness! these posts are really scaring me and I used to live in New orleans! Is there anywhere safe to live in Sacramento? Is midtown safe? I am very nervous and worried about moving now.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:51 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,279,161 times
Isclay: It is very easy for people posting on the Internet to blow things out of proportion. Midtown is pretty safe compared to the actual bad neighborhoods in the Sacramento region. There is quite a bit of property crime and vandalism, as any neighborhood with a lot of bars and nightclubs tends to have, but it's not a gang neighborhood and it's far from the worst part of town.

Sacramento doesn't have very many cops per capita.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:00 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,261,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isclay View Post
Oh my goodness! these posts are really scaring me and I used to live in New orleans! Is there anywhere safe to live in Sacramento? Is midtown safe? I am very nervous and worried about moving now.
I question your intelligence if random internet postings scare you.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:34 PM

2,145 posts, read 5,070,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorHart View Post
====================================

My wife and I have been chased by Mexican Gangs in Tucson and Albuquerque - we were jogging on a high school track. We weren't interacting with them and we were doing no harm. We escaped once by racing them to our car and another by racing into a school.

We had to quit Gold's Gym in Albuquerque because of the very hostile Mexicans that were members there as well.

We live in Missouri now - after living in CA 12 years and AZ 12 years. We'd like to come back to CA if they ever get this straightened out.

You don't have to be doing anything to get involved or become a victim of these thugs.

MajorHart
I have had zero problems iwth gangs in my 8 yrs in san diego. SD has a lower number of gangs among the large CA metro areas,last i happened to notice a write up about it. I think it has increased,but having lived in a number of areas w/in san diego,and frequenting others for eating out or looking for certain types of shops in ethnic areas,it's completely possible to live in SD and not interact w/or encounter gangs. I don't know,perhaps SD is more segregated than other areas. Of course,my car was stolen twice in one area I lived in. But that's another issue. Got it back both times.
Anyway,Sacramento and other city but not really city areas are being hit harder by crime these days-their precarious economies and never really blossomed city despite the state's efforts to make it so,have impacted quality of life.

Try SD,not SAC,regardless of real estate costs. IMO,of course.

Last edited by lrmsd; 03-04-2010 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento