Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 10:35 PM

23,206 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isclay View Post
Oh my goodness! these posts are really scaring me and I used to live in New orleans! Is there anywhere safe to live in Sacramento? Is midtown safe? I am very nervous and worried about moving now.
I'm taking most of these posts on this thread with a grain of salt. I've read of the dangers of going to Tijuana, and I've taken 70 trips there in the past 12 years, staying for long weekends in the heart of the city, traversing the Zona Norte district until 4-5am, bar-hopping, and I have not one bad incident to report, felt as safe there as anywhere else.

Any dangers of Sacramento, with their gangs, will roll off my shoulders as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 08:52 PM

391 posts, read 840,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm taking most of these posts on this thread with a grain of salt. I've read of the dangers of going to Tijuana, and I've taken 70 trips there in the past 12 years, staying for long weekends in the heart of the city, traversing the Zona Norte district until 4-5am, bar-hopping, and I have not one bad incident to report, felt as safe there as anywhere else.

Any dangers of Sacramento, with their gangs, will roll off my shoulders as well!
I don't know how people in Tijuana are, but I know bangers in the 90s loved messing with people that made eye contact with them as they drove by. It's different now, don't know why, but it is. If you want to visit somewhere, you should visit Juarez, lol.

To the person scared because of the stories, meh. Just don't live in the dumpy parts of Sacramento and you'll be ok. I'd say the most annoying part is car theft and break ins.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:41 PM

2 posts, read 7,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplygib View Post
Well that pretty much nails it. I was trying to remember all the neighborhood names but after this post I'll just skip it. Yes, the gangs are pervasive and that's just one of the many reasons I'm leaving this hell-hole this year.

Possibly you heard about the other horrendous gang-related crime we had a few months back. A man with an infant in his car stopped at a house in gangland to see some friends for a few minutes. Upon entering the property two men forced their way in and killed him. On their way out they stopped at his car and put a bullet through the baby's head. And they've never been caught. Suspicions arose later about the father's possible gang involvement, but I don't know if those accusations were confirmed or not.

This place is just way too depressing anymore.
Umm you are very wrong about what happened, because it was my brother that did that shooting... They shot the vehicle. Please do not speak on what you don't know preem. ON THE BLOCK!! 3600

Old 09-24-2013, 03:47 PM

2 posts, read 7,931 times
I am an active member of a street gang. Just to let you **** heads know NO ONE can wipe out the gangs, WE WILL end up takin over SOUTH SAC IRAQ!! I don't care what you guys think. The recruits are becoming younger and dumber. The #1 reason we join gangs are to seek family and love we never had at home. As in my case, my dad died when I was 6 shot by a rival gang. I joined to keep my dads name alive and to seek revenge. I will one day find the gunner and gun them down or take one of there close ones. This is just my input. You guys WONT STOP US!!!!

Old 09-24-2013, 07:04 PM

80 posts, read 206,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin36 View Post
I am an active member of a street gang. Just to let you **** heads know NO ONE can wipe out the gangs, WE WILL end up takin over SOUTH SAC IRAQ!! I don't care what you guys think. The recruits are becoming younger and dumber. The #1 reason we join gangs are to seek family and love we never had at home. As in my case, my dad died when I was 6 shot by a rival gang. I joined to keep my dads name alive and to seek revenge. I will one day find the gunner and gun them down or take one of there close ones. This is just my input. You guys WONT STOP US!!!!
For an active gang member, I am quite impressed by your command of standard English as well as your knowledge of the appropriate use of the standard rules of capitalization. This discussion board could use the valuable insights of an erudite gang member such as yourself. So welcome.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:00 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,798,828 times
Quote:
I am an active member of a street gang. Just to let you **** heads know NO ONE can wipe out the gangs, WE WILL end up takin over SOUTH SAC IRAQ!! I don't care what you guys think. The recruits are becoming younger and dumber. The #1 reason we join gangs are to seek family and love we never had at home.
I appreciate this frank and brutal honesty. No cop-outs (no pun intended) about "oppression" by others (who had nothing to do with your dysfunctional bio family) here!

You could teach some pseudo-intellectual liars in academia a real lesson.

Quote:
As in my case, my dad died when I was 6 shot by a rival gang. I joined to keep my dads name alive and to seek revenge. I will one day find the gunner and gun them down or take one of there close ones. This is just my input. You guys WONT STOP US!!!!
Who says we want to stop your taking out the scumbag who killed your dad? We just don't want to be in the crossfire; that is all.

Old 09-24-2013, 11:50 PM

762 posts, read 2,029,734 times
Kremit, it is called TJ not Tijuana, and Franklin36 can I say TRUE THAT!

Thug life in ca is going strong and will continue to concentrate in the valley fo sure

Old 09-25-2013, 12:09 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,798,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSacValleyHi View Post
There r alot of gangs in sac,im from Valley Hi(crip hood)lived der from age 1 to 13 im 15 now an i seen alotta **** from deez gangs,most r in da Valley Hi(Valley Hi(mainly Crips thers also sum Pirus),Meadowview(Bloods),Oak Park 33rd st,4th st,and a few others(Bloods,biggest blood gang),Detroit(or Troit) Ave.(bloods),den u gots 24th st(or duse fo blocc),21st,29th(or duse 9 blocc)st(Crips)(those r da mains,theres r other bloccs also),Power Inn(west of it)(Crip),Togan gang 29th(Crip),there is also Creek Mob,G-Mob(both Bloods and Crips 2gether but dont exactly bang colors)theres r also sum C14(Crips and Northe)on da Garden Bloccs)in south sac and Del Paso Hiets and few b4 it but not 2 much 2 worry about in North sac like El Comino(Crip)the ones that ARE dangerous is Strawberry Manors(Bloods),Elm Street(Bloods,they r dangerous but dey aslo sum ******* 2,they might still jump other gangs or shoot but if u confront them bout it,dey deny da ****,r if u fight 1 on 1 wit em an win far,dey try an shoot or jump ya),Beldon Street(Bloods),True Hiets Villians(Bloods),Fruitride(some of it)(Bloods),Flats(Bloods mainly wit a few Crips also),Beast Mob(Bloods,there r other Mob gang also like Mook mob(not bloods but jus a gang)Del Paso Hiets(Bloods),West Gate(Crip),Nagales(Crip),Norwood Ave.(or Plaza Gang)(dey is the like 3rd most dangerus gang(1st bein 24th Street Garden Blocc Crips and 2nd bein Oak Park 33rd street,den 4th is Valley Hi cuz its da line dat goes 2 Meadowview(enimies)an there always drive bys at night),dey r REALY fuccin big Sumowins(idk how 2 spell it)and dey can fight like a muther fuccer and hard 2 take down(Crips),A Street North Highlands(Crips,dey will fucc u up bad also if u cross da line),Pope Street(Crip),South Sac Locstas(Crip),Blocc Boys(Crip),there r fights between same gangs dat r da same like Strawberry dont like Del Paso Bloods,Oak Park Bloods either,no1 like da mother fuccin Elm Street Bloods and fuccin Gardenland(Northe),there r Northe gangs and Suranos also fuccin everywhere but da Suranos arent so much 2 worry bout,theres alot of em but most r ******* if u so u got hart,Northes hear(eccept Gardenland cuz dey do da same **** ass Elm Street)r fuccin crazy there jus as much a threat as Crips,even worse when dey 2gether(C14) but those r mainly in da South Sac area(Garden Bloccs),now there isnt realy 2 much 2 worry bouth in West sac or East,there ARE gangs but not realy 1se 2 worry about so much,but the Main 1nse u should realy stay away from is 24th and 21st Steet Garden Blocc Crips(espiecly da C14s),Valley Hi Crips,Norwood Ave. or Plaza Gang Crips,A Street Crips,Oak Park 33rd Street Bloods,Del Paso Hight Bloods,Strawberry Manor Bloods,and Flats Bloods and CERTAIN parts of da Meadowview,other parts 2 look out 4 is also Mack Road,Watt Ave.(i live der now,on Edisontho,but 2min walk away from da Watt Ave street(ders a middle school called Arcade)da more u go down Edison do da worse it get(alot of peds 2(but not AS much anymore)but Watt is mainly a Red Light District(alot of prostitutes)but otherwize u can live anywhere in sac exept id say 2 not live in da Valley Hi(Garden Blocc,Valley Hi Street,Meadowview,and Oak Park 33rd,4th,and a few others but u can still live in der an b safe, or Del Paso Hight area,Elm street(if u look like a ***** an cant fight,but if u can fight an got hart,dont worry bout it dey might want u 2 join but id suggest not,cuz den u aint safe no more),Strawberry Manors,A Street North Highlands,Norwood Ave,and a couple parts of West Gate and Power Inn,and Gardenland(for da same reasons as why for Elm Street),der ARE other gangs aound but dont worry 2 much about dem,jus dont fucc wit em,u can still live in da area jus not THOSE streets otherwize ull b okay,u might end up in a fight or robbed(dat can happen mainly anywhere)but jus dont b stupid and say or throw sighns,ull c alot of kids in North Sac where alot of red and alot of blue,but over half dont bang,so jus cuz u c dose colors...dont trip
I'm going to try to see if I follow? Grade my translation:

"There are a lot of gangs in Sacramento. I'm from Valley Hi (a Crip neighborhood) where I lived from age 1 to age 13. I am 15 now, and I've seen a lot of sh** from these gangs.

Most are in the Valley Hi area (mainly Crips, but there are also some Pirus), Meadowview (Bloods), Oak Park, 33rd Street, 4th Ave and a few others (Bloods here, this is the biggest Blood gang area), Detroit Avenue, also known as "Troit" Avenue (also Bloods).

Then you have 24th Street (or "Deuce Fo'" block), 21st, 29th (or "Deuce 9" block), which are Crip areas. Those are the main areas, but there are other blocks also. West of Power Inn Road is Crip, 29th Street is "Togan gang" Crip.

There are also the "Creek Mob" and "G-Mob" gangs, who are Bloods and Crips together but they don't exactly "bang colors".

There are also the C14 (Crips and Northe) on the "Garden Blocks" in South Sacramento and in Del Paso Heights, but there are not too many of them to worry about in North Sac save for El Camino (a Crip area).

The ones that ARE dangerous are the Strawberry Manors (Bloods), Elm Street (Bloods, they are dangerous but they are also sum ******* too. They might still jump other gangs or shoot but if you confront them about it, they deny the ****, or if you fight 1 on 1 with them and win fairly, they try and shoot or jump you), Beldon Street (Bloods), True Heights Villians (Bloods), Fruitridge, or some of it anyway (Bloods), The Flats (Bloods mainly, with a few Crips also), Beast Mob (Bloods, there are other Mob gangs also like the "Mook" mob (not Bloods, but just a gang). Del Paso Heights (Bloods), West Gate (Crip), Nogales (Crip), Norwood Avenue (or Plaza Gang--they are perhaps the 3rd most dangerous gang, the 1st being the 24th Street Garden Block Crips, and the 2nd being the Oak Park 33rd street Crips, then 4th is Valley Hi cuz its the (light rail) line that goes to Meadowview (enemies), and there always drive bys at night). They are REALLY f***ing big Samoans, and they can fight like motherf***ers and are hard to take down (Crips),

In North Highlands, A Street has the Crips, and they will f*** you up bad also if you cross their line), Pope Street also has the Crips,

In South Sac, there are the Locstas (Crip), the Blocc Boys(Crip), and there are fights between same gangs that are the same like Strawberry in that they don't like the Del Paso Bloods or Oak Park Bloods either

No one likes the motherf***ing Elm Street Bloods and f***ing Gardenland(Northe),

There are Northe gangs and Suren~os also f***ing everywhere but the Suren~os aren't so much to worry bout. There are a lot of them but most are ******* so if you have "heart" the Northes hear.

Exept for Gardenland cuz dey do da same Sh** as Elm Street and they are f***ing crazy. They're just as much a threat as Crips, even worse when they get together with (C14) but those are mainly in the South Sac area (the Garden Blocks)

Now there isn't really too much to worry about in West Sac or East; there ARE gangs but not really ones to worry about so much.

The main ones you should really stay away from are the 24th and 21st Steet Garden Blocc Crips (especially the C14s), the Valley Hi Crips, the Norwood Ave. or Plaza Gang Crips, the A Street Crips, the Oak Park 33rd Street Bloods, the Del Paso Heights Bloods, the Strawberry Manor Bloods, and the Flats Bloods and CERTAIN parts of Meadowview.

Other parts of town where you should look out are Mack Road, and Watt Avenue. (I live there now, on Edison, but it is a 2 minute walk from Watt Avenue. (There is a middle school called Arcade)

The more you go down Edison they worse it gets (a lot of "peds" too, but not AS much anymore).

Watt is mainly a Red Light District-- a lot of prostitutes.

Otherwise, you can live anywhere in "Sac", except I would say not to live in: Valley Hi (Garden Block, Valley Hi Street), Meadowview, and Oak Park, 33rd Street, 4th Avenue, and a few others, but you can still live in there and be safe, or the Del Paso Heights area, Elm street (if u look like a ***** and you can't fight, but if you can fight and you have "heart", don't worry about it--they might want you to join but i'd suggest not, because then you aren't safe anymore), Strawberry Manors, A Street in North Highlands, Norwood Ave, and a couple parts of West Gate and Power Inn, and Gardenland (for the same reasons as why for Elm Street). There ARE other gangs aound but dont worry too much about them, just don't f*** with them, you can still live in the area, just not THOSE streets, Otherwise you will be okay. You might end up in a fight or robbed (that can happen mainly anywhere), but just don't be stupid and say Sh** or throw signs, you will see a lot of kids in North Sac who wear a lot of red and a lot of blue, but over half of them don't gangbang, so just because you see those colors...don't trip!"

OK, how was that?

Old 09-25-2013, 11:35 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,650,946 times
Quote:
I actually talked to your dad before that tragic day and he told me that the way he wanted you to get revenge was by getting an education, getting a good job, moving out of the ghetto, and not repeating all the stupid mistakes he made. No lie.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:08 PM

80 posts, read 206,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
I'm going to try to see if I follow? Grade my translation:

"There are a lot of gangs in Sacramento. I'm from Valley Hi (a Crip neighborhood) where I lived from age 1 to age 13. I am 15 now, and I've seen a lot of sh** from these gangs.

Most are in the Valley Hi area (mainly Crips, but there are also some Pirus), Meadowview (Bloods), Oak Park, 33rd Street, 4th Ave and a few others (Bloods here, this is the biggest Blood gang area), Detroit Avenue, also known as "Troit" Avenue (also Bloods).

Then you have 24th Street (or "Deuce Fo'" block), 21st, 29th (or "Deuce 9" block), which are Crip areas. Those are the main areas, but there are other blocks also. West of Power Inn Road is Crip, 29th Street is "Togan gang" Crip.

There are also the "Creek Mob" and "G-Mob" gangs, who are Bloods and Crips together but they don't exactly "bang colors".

There are also the C14 (Crips and Northe) on the "Garden Blocks" in South Sacramento and in Del Paso Heights, but there are not too many of them to worry about in North Sac save for El Camino (a Crip area).

The ones that ARE dangerous are the Strawberry Manors (Bloods), Elm Street (Bloods, they are dangerous but they are also sum ******* too. They might still jump other gangs or shoot but if you confront them about it, they deny the ****, or if you fight 1 on 1 with them and win fairly, they try and shoot or jump you), Beldon Street (Bloods), True Heights Villians (Bloods), Fruitridge, or some of it anyway (Bloods), The Flats (Bloods mainly, with a few Crips also), Beast Mob (Bloods, there are other Mob gangs also like the "Mook" mob (not Bloods, but just a gang). Del Paso Heights (Bloods), West Gate (Crip), Nogales (Crip), Norwood Avenue (or Plaza Gang--they are perhaps the 3rd most dangerous gang, the 1st being the 24th Street Garden Block Crips, and the 2nd being the Oak Park 33rd street Crips, then 4th is Valley Hi cuz its the (light rail) line that goes to Meadowview (enemies), and there always drive bys at night). They are REALLY f***ing big Samoans, and they can fight like motherf***ers and are hard to take down (Crips),

In North Highlands, A Street has the Crips, and they will f*** you up bad also if you cross their line), Pope Street also has the Crips,

In South Sac, there are the Locstas (Crip), the Blocc Boys(Crip), and there are fights between same gangs that are the same like Strawberry in that they don't like the Del Paso Bloods or Oak Park Bloods either

No one likes the motherf***ing Elm Street Bloods and f***ing Gardenland(Northe),

There are Northe gangs and Suren~os also f***ing everywhere but the Suren~os aren't so much to worry bout. There are a lot of them but most are ******* so if you have "heart" the Northes hear.

Exept for Gardenland cuz dey do da same Sh** as Elm Street and they are f***ing crazy. They're just as much a threat as Crips, even worse when they get together with (C14) but those are mainly in the South Sac area (the Garden Blocks)

Now there isn't really too much to worry about in West Sac or East; there ARE gangs but not really ones to worry about so much.

The main ones you should really stay away from are the 24th and 21st Steet Garden Blocc Crips (especially the C14s), the Valley Hi Crips, the Norwood Ave. or Plaza Gang Crips, the A Street Crips, the Oak Park 33rd Street Bloods, the Del Paso Heights Bloods, the Strawberry Manor Bloods, and the Flats Bloods and CERTAIN parts of Meadowview.

Other parts of town where you should look out are Mack Road, and Watt Avenue. (I live there now, on Edison, but it is a 2 minute walk from Watt Avenue. (There is a middle school called Arcade)

The more you go down Edison they worse it gets (a lot of "peds" too, but not AS much anymore).

Watt is mainly a Red Light District-- a lot of prostitutes.

Otherwise, you can live anywhere in "Sac", except I would say not to live in: Valley Hi (Garden Block, Valley Hi Street), Meadowview, and Oak Park, 33rd Street, 4th Avenue, and a few others, but you can still live in there and be safe, or the Del Paso Heights area, Elm street (if u look like a ***** and you can't fight, but if you can fight and you have "heart", don't worry about it--they might want you to join but i'd suggest not, because then you aren't safe anymore), Strawberry Manors, A Street in North Highlands, Norwood Ave, and a couple parts of West Gate and Power Inn, and Gardenland (for the same reasons as why for Elm Street). There ARE other gangs aound but dont worry too much about them, just don't f*** with them, you can still live in the area, just not THOSE streets, Otherwise you will be okay. You might end up in a fight or robbed (that can happen mainly anywhere), but just don't be stupid and say Sh** or throw signs, you will see a lot of kids in North Sac who wear a lot of red and a lot of blue, but over half of them don't gangbang, so just because you see those colors...don't trip!"

OK, how was that?
I see you speak jive.

I Speak Jive - Airplane! (5/10) Movie CLIP (1980) HD - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento