Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 07:18 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
I think the whole West Coast actually, has sort of a creepy and hostile/unfriendly feeling to it. At least the cities.

go to san diego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 04:14 PM

64 posts, read 92,024 times
This is exactly how I feel any time I am in Carmel. I imagine there is some secret society that conducts human sacrifices in an underground labyrinth directly beneath the chocolate shop.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:58 AM

2 posts, read 2,641 times
Default question from a newbie...

Since i know very little about Sacramento and thanks for giving a bulletpoint style of areas, which parts of Sacramento is positive??

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ozo View Post
You live in a crappy area and then you say all of Sac is depressing. Let me help you out

Arden Sucks
Carmichael Sucks
Citrus Heights Sucks
(Insert aging depressed suburb) Sucks

You moved to Arden because you got a cheaper apartment than the nicer areas of town but that's your fault.

Where I live in there is a lot of positive energy, in fact it is all around the area.

Old 03-13-2016, 05:06 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,063,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNWA View Post
Greetings all,

I have lived in Sacramento for just over a year, specifically in the Arden-Arcade area. Ever since we moved here I have gotten this weird feeling, and not just due to the wanna-be thugs hanging around the Walmart on El Camino.

The only way to explain it is a negative, dark energy/feeling. It is the exact opposite feeling of what people describe feeling in Mt. Shasta or Sedona, AZ. There is an energy, but it is very, very dark, almost foreboding. Has anyone else felt this way?

We spoke with one person who was from South Dakota and is currently living here and he felt it was due to the seismic activity of California. However, this is not true as we were born and raised in the Bay Area and never felt this energy until moving to Sacramento.

We are looking to move out of here as soon as possible due to the negative energy/vibe/feeling.

I would love to hear any feedback from people with similar or dissimilar experiences.

-DC
Maybe this is something you should be celebrating the way Austin does.

"Keep Sacramento Strange".

" keep austin weird "

Now celebrated with an annual festival Keep Austin Weird Fest | We love you weirdos!

Eeyores Birthday Party is coming up soon. http://www.eeyores.org/

Old 03-13-2016, 07:29 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,280,905 times
We do have a local variant, at least for one part of town:

(Click on the link or the pic for the story behind "Keep Midtown Janky")
http://www.midtownmonthly.net/life/k...midtown-janky/

A Janky Festival...hmmmm, now there's an idea!

Old 03-14-2016, 05:40 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNWA View Post
Greetings all,

I have lived in Sacramento for just over a year, specifically in the Arden-Arcade area. Ever since we moved here I have gotten this weird feeling, and not just due to the wanna-be thugs hanging around the Walmart on El Camino.

The only way to explain it is a negative, dark energy/feeling. It is the exact opposite feeling of what people describe feeling in Mt. Shasta or Sedona, AZ. There is an energy, but it is very, very dark, almost foreboding. Has anyone else felt this way?

We spoke with one person who was from South Dakota and is currently living here and he felt it was due to the seismic activity of California. However, this is not true as we were born and raised in the Bay Area and never felt this energy until moving to Sacramento.

We are looking to move out of here as soon as possible due to the negative energy/vibe/feeling.

I would love to hear any feedback from people with similar or dissimilar experiences.

-DC
Yeah you get that dark energy feeling because its a crappy neighborhood. I know I live there for two years. Crime was aplenty.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:42 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post

That's because too many transplants from places like the midwest move here. Rather than make their native regions interesting, they come here and ruin it.
Sad but true.

Old 03-14-2016, 11:29 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,551,908 times
I get this feeling too whenever I'm in rundown, working class sprawlville parts of large or medium-size metro areas. Down in the Bay Area, where I am now, the equivalent might be Hayward or parts of East San Jose.

My advice would be to check out other parts of the metro area.

Old 03-15-2016, 04:42 PM

11 posts, read 12,991 times
It's a big enough city that there's going to be some weird areas. I didn't spend much time in that particular area when I lived there, but I found most of Sac to be pretty friendly and charming. The questionable places were really questionable though.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:31 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,548 times
Lol jesus, what is it lately with the posts of people moving to **** areas of Sac or bringing their **** attitude here and blaming it on the city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento