Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 04:23 PM

306 posts, read 701,370 times

Advertisements

Sac is just kind of depressing and dirty and there are a lot of homeless people hanging around. There aren't many places in Sac that have the appearance of prosperity and beauty without any negative elements. So yeah, it has kind of a depressing, grungy vibe, despite all the sunshine.

I know nothing about Mt. Shasta or Sedona, AZ. The person who said it's seismic activity is a nut -- I'd stay away from him. lol Sac isn't even near many fault lines compared to further west, where they are big fault lines and active fault lines. Cities west don't have any dark vibes I'm aware of, especially San Francisco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 09:08 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,839,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNWA View Post
Ever since we moved here I have gotten this weird feeling,

The only way to explain it is a negative, dark energy/feeling. There is an energy, but it is very, very dark, almost foreboding. Has anyone else felt this way?
I've heard similar sentiments about Sacramento in general. There is a large amount of spiritual activity on both sides of the spectrum. Perhaps this is what you are picking up.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:51 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
713 posts, read 1,081,354 times
Depends where you are in Sac area. Midtown Sac and Roseville/Folsom area, I meet very friendly people compared to the Bay Area.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:53 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,340,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNWA View Post
The only way to explain it is a negative, dark energy/feeling. It is the exact opposite feeling of what people describe feeling in Mt. Shasta or Sedona, AZ. There is an energy, but it is very, very dark, almost foreboding.

We are looking to move out of here as soon as possible due to the negative energy/vibe/feeling.
Are you doing drugs, by any chance?

Old 01-19-2015, 09:40 AM

89 posts, read 132,007 times
Sac is a very depressing place. That's why most people who are from the area leave as soon as they can. Hopefully things change one day.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:22 AM

323 posts, read 1,008,312 times
You live in a crappy area and then you say all of Sac is depressing. Let me help you out

Arden Sucks
Carmichael Sucks
Citrus Heights Sucks
(Insert aging depressed suburb) Sucks

You moved to Arden because you got a cheaper apartment than the nicer areas of town but that's your fault.

Where I live in there is a lot of positive energy, in fact it is all around the area.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:07 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,037,722 times
For what it's worth, I have quite a few friends and family members who live in the Sacramento area (Antelope, Granite Bay, Lincoln, Roseville) and are very happy there. Many of my friends there relocated from the Bay Area years ago and have carved out good lives.

I've spent a lot of time in and around Sac and it's no different than any other CA metro in that there are good areas and bad areas. If you live in a crappy area like South Sac your perception would be different from somebody who lives in a place like Granite Bay.

I personally like the Sacramento metro area and appreciate it for what it is. I love living here in the Bay Area, but I also love a lot of things about Sac and its surrounding communities. I appreciate it for not being the Bay Area.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:58 AM

660 posts, read 1,081,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ozo View Post
You live in a crappy area and then you say all of Sac is depressing. Let me help you out

Arden Sucks
Carmichael Sucks
Citrus Heights Sucks
(Insert aging depressed suburb) Sucks

You moved to Arden because you got a cheaper apartment than the nicer areas of town but that's your fault.

Where I live in there is a lot of positive energy, in fact it is all around the area.
Pretty much this.

If all you can afford is Del Paso Heights then yeah, Sacramento is going to suck for you.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:09 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,453,657 times
Well, first, Carmichael doesn't suck. I've always loved Carmichael and yes there's a few more icky bits than there used to be but we're working on cleaning it up and there's good neighborhood cohesion. We have lots of events, active parks and park districts, clean-up events--even our own newspaper and Chamber of Commerce.

The point of this thread was "negative energy" not where someone lives. I pointed out that I agreed with the OP--Arden area has no positive energy at all. There doesn't seem to be any neighborhood spirit, no events for fixing anything, making anything better--even just coming together for an event.

You don't have to have money to sweep a sidewalk. Just a positive energy to want to make things better. Arden, particularly Arden Manor, doesn't seem to have it.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:08 PM

660 posts, read 1,081,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
Well, first, Carmichael doesn't suck. I've always loved Carmichael and yes there's a few more icky bits than there used to be but we're working on cleaning it up and there's good neighborhood cohesion. We have lots of events, active parks and park districts, clean-up events--even our own newspaper and Chamber of Commerce.

The point of this thread was "negative energy" not where someone lives. I pointed out that I agreed with the OP--Arden area has no positive energy at all. There doesn't seem to be any neighborhood spirit, no events for fixing anything, making anything better--even just coming together for an event.

You don't have to have money to sweep a sidewalk. Just a positive energy to want to make things better. Arden, particularly Arden Manor, doesn't seem to have it.
The point is that the reason those positive things that you're referring to don't happen in certain areas is because the people that live there don't care about their neighborhood. It has nothing to do with "energy." It's not like there's some vortex over certain neighborhoods that makes people want to stay indoors and watch tv instead of starting up a cul-de-sac bake sale.

People move into these areas because the housing is cheap. They don't care about the neighbors or if their street all participates in 4th of July cookouts or Christmas Light displays. They just want a cheap place to live. If you live in one of these areas then that's how people are going to treat your neighborhood.

It's true that not all of Arden-Arcade sucks. As people have mentioned, neighborhoods like Sierra Oaks and Arden Hills are some of the nicest in the whole region, where $1,000,000+ homes are the norm. However I'm guessing that the people complaining about "dark energy" on an Internet forum are probably not living in a million dollar house in the poshest neighborhood in Sacramento.

No, they probably live in the "other" Arden-Arcade. The part that has entire sections that are nothing but low-income apartments and duplexes. Like Edison Ave, or Bell Street. Or near Howe Park. The parts of Arden Arcade that saw increasing violence over the last few years.

Well, there's a reason why you get that vibe in places like that. It's because they're not nice places to live! Has nothing to do with energy or dark matter or whatever bull**** your local Palm reader told you about. It's because cheap housing attracts the kind of people that can't afford to live anywhere else. And when you have a lot of cheap housing concentrated in one area, crime is going to follow. Whether it's tweakers breaking into your car to finance their meth habit or gang members shooting it out in the parking lot of an apartment complex, you can typically rest assured that those problems are the direct result of the local economy and not the work of some dark energy that is beyond our understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento