Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 12:47 PM

9 posts, read 68,491 times

Advertisements

Currently I reside in the Northern San Francisco Bay area and I'm considering taking a job located in Rancho Cordova, on Sunrise Blvd (just south of US50) and I know nothing of the area.

I'm looking for recommendations, comments, suggestions.
Just me and the wife (no kids). We are looking to rent for under $1400 a month.

What is that specific area like?
Recommend living near there or better to live elsewhere and commute?

Are any Japanese or Asian stores in the area?

Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 02:48 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,054 times
If you have no kids - do you want a more metro feel (as metro as Sac can get) because you are from the bay? Do you want a ton of sq ft? What do you want - what are you looking for...we'll tell ou where it is.

Rancho is an easy commute from anywhere actually

Old 01-18-2008, 03:29 PM

29 posts, read 124,690 times
Best place to live in that general area is Gold River, by far. It's off Sunrise, up Gold Country Boulevard; very convenient. And Bel-Air Center is very nice for local shopping, though I don't think it has a Japanese or Asian food store. In fact, I'm unsure where there is a Japanese/Asian food store in Sacto other than Oto's, which I believe is on Freeport. You'll also want to become familiar with Mikuni restaurants (there's a few here, including one on Hazel, which is near Gold River; best sushi in Sacramento, hands down!

Old 01-18-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
If you have no kids - do you want a more metro feel (as metro as Sac can get) because you are from the bay? Do you want a ton of sq ft? What do you want - what are you looking for...we'll tell ou where it is.

Rancho is an easy commute from anywhere actually
Rather than choosing between urban or rural (I love hiking but the wife is a city gal) I'm focusing on a "nice neighborhood that is within our budget".

Would prefer renting a house or condo over an apartment if within budget.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:15 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,054 times
and how much is your budget? do you need a yard? and how many bedrooms? newer or older with charm?

Old 01-19-2008, 01:40 AM

433 posts, read 2,355,589 times
You'll have good access to light rail (Folsom Blvd/Sunrise) to go to either Sacramento or Folsom.

Your under $1400 would be close to renting a nice home in Folsom. Should be something nice in your price range. Folsom has 3 light rail stations. The commute on Highway 50 might be rough, but you'll have the option of just going on Folsom Blvd. Fairly easy commute.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:05 PM

The wife and I just returned from a visit to the area. We spent about 2 hours just cruising around randomly. It wasn't enough to really make any informed decisions.

Went to and just a bit past where I would work, on Sunrise, just south of US50 and found it mostly industrial. Went north of US50, into and a bit through Fair Oaks and found it to be decent residential area and plenty of shopping.

One thing we did learn... Sunrise Blvd. is one BUSY road. Whoa!

I'm checking Craigslist and finding homes in my under $1400 price range in the surrounding areas. The more input, opinions I get the easy it will be to make a decision.

We would also prefer a 2 bdrm unit.

How about other good online (or otherwise) sources for home/apartment rentals?

Old 03-18-2008, 05:09 PM

3 posts, read 25,948 times
Default Check out Anatolia

you should check out Anatolia. Its nice...and if you rent there then you can get community pool, gym room access as well.... that s free so it saves money for both of you ...if you were to join 24hr fitness...which is right off of highway 50 on Sunrise Blvd exit.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:26 AM

32 posts, read 130,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKip View Post
The wife and I just returned from a visit to the area. We spent about 2 hours just cruising around randomly. It wasn't enough to really make any informed decisions.

Went to and just a bit past where I would work, on Sunrise, just south of US50 and found it mostly industrial. Went north of US50, into and a bit through Fair Oaks and found it to be decent residential area and plenty of shopping.

One thing we did learn... Sunrise Blvd. is one BUSY road. Whoa!

I'm checking Craigslist and finding homes in my under $1400 price range in the surrounding areas. The more input, opinions I get the easy it will be to make a decision.

We would also prefer a 2 bdrm unit.

How about other good online (or otherwise) sources for home/apartment rentals?
Not sure when you're move is - I'm moving next month and have sublet a 2 bedroom unit at the Crest at Fair Oaks - supposedly one of the nicer complexes in Fair Oaks. My short lease is up at the end of July, and the rent is your magic number - $1400. Perhaps you could take over the lease...

Old 03-20-2008, 07:57 PM

1,323 posts, read 4,698,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKip View Post
Currently I reside in the Northern San Francisco Bay area and I'm considering taking a job located in Rancho Cordova, on Sunrise Blvd (just south of US50) and I know nothing of the area.

I'm looking for recommendations, comments, suggestions.
Just me and the wife (no kids). We are looking to rent for under $1400 a month.

What is that specific area like?
Recommend living near there or better to live elsewhere and commute?

Are any Japanese or Asian stores in the area?

Thanks for any input.
I believe there is still a Korean market on Folsom Blvd. just west of Rancho Cordova. There are some Asian markets in South Sacramento, I believe on or near Stockton Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento