Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 10:42 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,841,862 times

Advertisements

Yay for the sushi lovers
I don't understand why every suburb needs to have the same stores, restaurants, etc. It's so boring. Maybe I'll move down to midtown.

To be located at E. Bidwell & Placerville Rd, between I&O and Hampton Inn.

Mikuni announces new location in Folsom - What's Cooking - Sacramento, CA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 09:25 AM

21,872 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Well, you could say the same for Midtown. Midtown has had several restaurants that started in the suburbs open branches in Midtown/Downtown. Mikuni being one example of that.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:49 PM

290 posts, read 544,442 times
Folsom is a nice town but it could have some better restaurants. Its all burger and pizza joints for the most part. The Palladio was suppose to get a Roxy restaurant but that never happened. At least get the good chains like Il Fornaio or Zocalo. I will admit in the burbs people thinks stuff like Jacks Urban foods is outstanding. bleh. You want good restuarants you have to go downtown or roseville.

Last edited by webdev; 05-21-2015 at 11:58 PM..

Old 05-21-2015, 11:52 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdev View Post
Folsom is a nice town but it could have some better restaurants. Its all burger and pizza joints for the most part. The Palladio was suppose to get a Roxy restaurant but that never happened
It's a suburb, what do you expect?

Old 05-22-2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
It's a suburb, what do you expect?
A pretty affluent suburb. I expect to see the same type of amenities as roseville. Folsom is the silicon valley of Sacramento.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
A pretty affluent suburb. I expect to see the same type of amenities as roseville. Folsom is the silicon valley of Sacramento.
I completely agree that we need better restaurants.
I dont think we need more chains.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
I completely agree that we need better restaurants.
I dont think we need more chains.
I agree. When I said better chains I was referring to the more high end ones like Il Fornaio. That's a chain but a very good one. The more esoteric chef owned type of unique restaurants are far and few between. The problem with Folsom is that it prices out potential good small business. That's why you see so many small restaurants pop up and disappear in Folsom. They need to offer better incentives for small business.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:44 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,190 times
The people in Folsom don't care about good restaurants, or the ones that do care don't mind driving to the grid. There is no market there.

Old 05-22-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I agree. When I said better chains I was referring to the more high end ones like Il Fornaio. That's a chain but a very good one. The more esoteric chef owned type of unique restaurants are far and few between. The problem with Folsom is that it prices out potential good small business. That's why you see so many small restaurants pop up and disappear in Folsom. They need to offer better incentives for small business.
They do seem to have a lot of hoops to jump through, at least from what I've heard from friends trying to open businesses.

Folsom seems to be more into high revenue generators such as home developments. And cookie-cutter businesses for the masses.

Old 05-23-2015, 01:26 AM

527 posts, read 1,323,782 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
They do seem to have a lot of hoops to jump through, at least from what I've heard from friends trying to open businesses.

Folsom seems to be more into high revenue generators such as home developments. And cookie-cutter businesses for the masses.
Local governments, including the City of Folsom can only do so much from an economic development standpoint. The rest is all left to market demands, and those who have the capital to keep things afloat, it's that simple. Small businesses in suburban areas have a tough environment to thrive in, and we're in a post recession era where people are cautious about their spending (and maybe bought a home in 2005) and only the best businesses (with the best business practices) will survive. It's not about what Folsom wants, it's about what the market is demanding, and who is investing to meet those demands. Folsom has only so much land use control over whether or not chains or small business are opening within the City. They can lobby as much as they want for small business, but they cannot just refuse a chain from buying a pad, proposing new construction that complies with all development and design standards, and opening to the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento