Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 06:59 PM

17 posts, read 17,259 times

Advertisements

So today I was merging onto the highway, and I always check my blind spots and use my turning signal. Getting on at this particular section of highway from the on ramp to the interchange is extremely difficult. Especially coming from the Galleria and heading in the direction of Rocklin.

Today, I did what I always do. Used my turning signal and checked my blind spot before merging. The flow of traffic was 65mph, even in the fast lane. I leave a distance of six to seven car length in front of me as suggested by the DMV.

Today however, there was this one woman who was absolutely flipping out. She was tailgating dangerously close to my bumper and left no room for error between her and me. I let it slide, thinking maybe she doesn't have room behind her to back off. But she continues to do it.

This is where I will admit wrong on my part. I did a two finger salute, my middle finger and index finger. While pointless, I felt provoked and threatened by how close she was driving to me. After the salute, she passes me just as the merge lane ends, and nearly side swiped me in the progress. I had to jam on my brakes, and steer towards the cement barrier to avoide her. Yes, my brakes did screech it was that hard.

And you know what she gained from all this? One spot. Yeah, one spot in traffic while using her vehicle as a deadly weapon. Didn't report it as the only thing both of us lost were tempers.

Anyone else have similar horror stories?

Last edited by Fantasybookreader; 05-15-2015 at 08:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 07:35 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times
Where is interstate 50? Wherever it is, it doesn't run through the Sacramento Region.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:43 PM

527 posts, read 1,323,970 times
I believe they meant to say I-80 /Hwy 65 Interchange. I find driving a fast car helps keep tailgaters off my bumper but in that situation you're at the mercy of the pace of traffic so I understand. Just gotta diffuse the situation, no eye contact, and usually they calm down within a minute of so. usually.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:05 PM

I mean the one where you merge from I-80 just after Rocklin Road as if you're heading to the Galleria. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't think they were going to calm down. Also, I was keeping up with the flow of traffic around and in front of me.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:11 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,077,590 times
At least you didn't have something like this happen to you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFf5v4cwWx8

Delanie Strykul and her friend were driving down I-80 near Auburn, California when they exchanged angry gestures with a woman who cut them off. The other driver then claimed to be a sheriff's deputy and attempted to run them off the road. Dierdre Orozco was arrested over the road rage incident.

Old 05-15-2015, 09:17 PM

I saw that when it first made the news. Yeah, thankfully no one got hurt the way the woman behind me was driving today.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:26 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasybookreader View Post
And you know what she gained from all this? One spot. Yeah, one spot in traffic while using her vehicle as a deadly weapon. Didn't report it as the only thing both of us lost were tempers.
Sorry that happened to you.
Welcome to Sacramento! There are tons of these idiots on the road. Have you ever driven on 99? Now that's fun.
You should've have let her go.
She got more than one spot. She got ahead of you.
Glad you both were unharmed.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:26 AM

152 posts, read 232,433 times
I drive for a major parcel delivery company. I see it all out there. I must say though I think people are a bit nicer to me when I am in a professional looking work vehicle. Kind of weird but I think people make quick judgements on what you are driving and what you look like. Things still occur at times though and when I'm working I don't even bat an eye at those people. If I'm in my personal vehicle I will drop the birdhammer at times lol.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:42 AM

8,673 posts, read 17,282,794 times
Apparently there have been a rash of suicidal people driving onto the freeway in the wrong direction--something like five in the past month or so, causing maybe a dozen deaths! What is it about freeways that makes people want to murder each other with cars?

Old 05-19-2015, 01:38 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
What is it about freeways that makes people want to murder each other with cars?
It's not the freeways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento