Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 07:25 AM

544 posts, read 1,228,736 times

Advertisements

good morning!

I've found an employer which I'm looking to send out a resume to.. their location is on Promenade Circle.. is this in North Natomas?

If this IS in North Natomas, is this a good area? how is the school district? rent? any reviews for apartment buildings?

Do I need a car for this area.. I don't drive, but from the looks of it, moving to California, I will most likely have to learn.

I haven't found a bus route to this Promenade Circle location.

Thanks everyone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 09:45 AM

8,679 posts, read 17,189,509 times
You will almost certainly need a car. North Natomas has very little transit--maybe an hourly bus along Truxel Avenue that probably stops running about 6 PM. It might be bikeable if you lived nearby in North Natomas, it's at the heart of a big commercial "power center", a square mile or so of nothing but businesses and their parking lots.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:12 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,779,484 times
Promenade Circle looks like this on a map:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pr...baf575fb09ac70

Natomas Schools not so hot. You might try living in Antelope and commuting (all on city / county streets)

That *will* mean needing a vehicle.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
You will almost certainly need a car. North Natomas has very little transit--maybe an hourly bus along Truxel Avenue that probably stops running about 6 PM. It might be bikeable if you lived nearby in North Natomas, it's at the heart of a big commercial "power center", a square mile or so of nothing but businesses and their parking lots.
Thanks for the response. What's the bus flyer thing? does it run through this area. I'm praying to get over my fear of driving.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
Promenade Circle looks like this on a map:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pr...baf575fb09ac70

Natomas Schools not so hot. You might try living in Antelope and commuting (all on city / county streets)

That *will* mean needing a vehicle.

Jeez, it's really spread out. I've been reading about the Sacramento Flyer?

Old 08-06-2015, 01:59 PM

8,679 posts, read 17,189,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybaby80 View Post
Thanks for the response. What's the bus flyer thing? does it run through this area. I'm praying to get over my fear of driving.
the Natomas Flyer is a commuter shuttle that only runs a couple of times per day, looping around some of the Natomas business parks and shopping centers. It might be useful getting to and from a major bus route if your work schedule is a traditional 9-5 type shift. Really the only part of the region where you can live and work without a car reliably is the central city and surrounding neighborhoods, which are still going to be a lot more spread out than you are used to, with less transit service.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:05 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,779,484 times
Quote:
Jeez, it's really spread out. I've been reading about the Sacramento Flyer?
The Flyer is great for people who live in the North Natomas neighborhood and commute to and from the downtown office buildings with a regular workday:

Flyer Shuttle - North Natomas Transportation Management Association

But otherwise, not so much.

There is Lyft or Uber for running errands. But eventually, you will want to drive.

California cities, other than prohibitively expensive San Francisco (which will make NYC seem affordable!) grew mostly, indeed overwhelmingly, post 1945. As a result, they are based upon auto travel.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:32 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,782,627 times
Quote:
I've found an employer which I'm looking to send out a resume to.. their location is on Promenade Circle.. is this in North Natomas?

If this IS in North Natomas, is this a good area? how is the school district? rent? any reviews for apartment buildings?
Promenade Circle is a nice shopping area in No Natomas. I used to work off freeway blvd which is very close to the Promenade.

Check Natomas Unified School District in Sacramento, CA | GreatSchools for school standings.

I would suggest renting in No Natomas so you dont have to drive as far to work. No Natomas is much better than So Natomas. There was lots of development there before the economy collapse. There's lots of families, and many choose to live there for a closer commute to their downtown jobs.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
the Natomas Flyer is a commuter shuttle that only runs a couple of times per day, looping around some of the Natomas business parks and shopping centers. It might be useful getting to and from a major bus route if your work schedule is a traditional 9-5 type shift. Really the only part of the region where you can live and work without a car reliably is the central city and surrounding neighborhoods, which are still going to be a lot more spread out than you are used to, with less transit service.
Which neighborhoods are part of the central part of the city?

Old 08-07-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Promenade Circle is a nice shopping area in No Natomas. I used to work off freeway blvd which is very close to the Promenade.

Check Natomas Unified School District in Sacramento, CA | GreatSchools for school standings.

I would suggest renting in No Natomas so you dont have to drive as far to work. No Natomas is much better than So Natomas. There was lots of development there before the economy collapse. There's lots of families, and many choose to live there for a closer commute to their downtown jobs.
Thanks Cali! what about the flooding problem? is it going to happen? or I'm not understanding the whole flood thing w/ this area which I've read about online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento