Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 10:33 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,839,974 times

Advertisements

Just heard from a neighbor that there was a fire around the corner 2 weeks ago. The news says they don't know how the fire got started, BUT per the neighbor who lives across the street, they were growing weed in the backyard. Of course there was faulty wiring in the house related to the weed, and that's how the fire got started. The neighbor woke up in the middle of the night around 4 am & saw glowing across the street, and then he saw the flames in the backyard. He called 911, and then ran across the street to wake them up. I don't remember all the details, but apparently a woman would not come out of the house right away because she was frantically looking for something (per the neighbor's observation). Once the fire was out, and the authorities were gone, 2 teens came over, went in the house & carried out 2 silver suitcases. Hmmm.

This is all very interesting, & alarming. I was actually up that night at 4 am and remember seeing a lot of activity on the street (via my cameras). There were lots of cars parked in front of my house, across the street and down towards the corner. I remember seeing teens running around the corner & returning to their cars. I didnt think much of it, because the rebellious brats across the street are now teens & I figured there were out carousing. And thankfully, the baseball activity has decreased significantly.

On a side note, some young girl entered my backyard without permission this weekend...just walked in like she belonged there because I did not answer the front door in her time frame. I chased her out. WTH? Entitled brat or perhaps someone scooping out property? time to beef up security again.

http://psn911.us/201...marijuana-grow/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 01:00 AM

793 posts, read 1,419,305 times
People will ring to aee if someine is home, then attempt access from the rear.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:37 AM

9 posts, read 11,265 times
You're up at 4 a.m. watching neighbors with security video cams?

Old 09-09-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
People will ring to aee if someine is home, then attempt access from the rear.
That seems to be pretty common. I've heard many similar stories on our local crime watch FB page. The girl seems to be a friend of the teens across the street. She likes to sit on the curb in front of my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMorrison View Post
You're up at 4 a.m. watching neighbors with security video cams?
I was working in my office where the monitor is set up. And when I hear unusual noises outside, I check the cameras first like any other smart person would do.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:08 PM

527 posts, read 1,323,604 times
I recall you having several issues with your neighbors and people damaging/entering your property and you live in a decent part of folsom right? Do you have a corner lot? How are people entering your back yard? I'm not liking your neighborhood lol.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob98LS1 View Post
I recall you having several issues with your neighbors and people damaging/entering your property and you live in a decent part of folsom right? Do you have a corner lot? How are people entering your back yard? I'm not liking your neighborhood lol.
I live in a highly desired section of Folsom. For the most part, it's great.
No, I do not live on a corner. The house across the street appears to be hang out spot, which is great for mom. However, parents are very irresponsible and have no control over their kids. I've stood in front of their house with mom saying maybe she should be outside while her kids are playing ball so they don't hit my house, and then "bam", ball hits the garage. Yea, mom, that would work great

There are other areas in Folsom that have more property crime than my hood. As much as I hate the activity across the street, I think that it may be perhaps a deterrant to thieves (home business, frequently looks like a day labor lot... so, they have friends at the city so they get away with it. And that's a whole nother story).

People enter my back yard via the gate. I'm looking into adding a lock. For now, I started putting the trashcan against the gate, since it swings in.

I have other friends who live in a wealthier area in Folsom than I, and they are moving due to the elements being produced at the middle school on Blue Ravine. There is a lot of entitlement here, plus we are a target for property crime.

Interestingly, my realtor just posted a scary situation in our local Folsom Watch FB page, about a female realtor showing homes to a male that was making her uncomfortable. She drove to the local RE office to "pick something up", called the police, and found out the guy had a no bail warrant for his arrest and a long criminal history.

Last edited by caligirlz; 09-10-2015 at 11:52 AM..

Old 09-10-2015, 06:52 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,008,931 times
Wow a grow house. Grow houses are everywhere in CA. Are you from Nebraska or somethin?

Old 09-10-2015, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Wow a grow house. Grow houses are everywhere in CA. Are you from Nebraska or somethin?
Nope, born & raised in california.
I actually lived in one of the counties with the highest # of illegal drug houses.
I realize weed is semi-technically legal now, at least in many states, but not per the feds, and that people are allowed to grow a designated amount at home, but it's my understanding this house had much more weed than what is allowed.

I guess it's really not surprising that a privileged rich kid in folsom had an illegal grow house. The entitlement attitude is pretty common here.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:27 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,008,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Nope, born & raised in california.
I actually lived in one of the counties with the highest # of illegal drug houses.
I realize weed is semi-technically legal now, at least in many states, but not per the feds, and that people are allowed to grow a designated amount at home, but it's my understanding this house had much more weed than what is allowed.

I guess it's really not surprising that a privileged rich kid in folsom had an illegal grow house. The entitlement attitude is pretty common here.
Who cares

Old 09-10-2015, 11:47 PM

People who are interested in moving to folsom. But apparently not you. Feel free to ignore this discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of: