Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 09:49 PM

54 posts, read 67,309 times

Advertisements

Can we please have an EL DORADO COUNTY only forum?

There are a number of issues that are fairly specific to this county only, and the things which include Folsom can be posted mostly in the Sacramento forum.

El Dorado County allows Proposition 90 inter-county base value property tax transfer which benefits both El Dorado residents who are having difficulty selling their homes and also those of us who can transfer our tax basis to El Dorado County (but cannot transfer it to Sacramento, Yolo, Placer, Solano, or any other county north of the San Francisco bay area.) ONLY El Dorado County permits this, so the county line border is very important.

Even those who don't transfer tax basis come very often from somewhere else (often the SF bay area, but there are about 9 counties that allow Prop 90 transfers) and we don't know as much about El Dorado County as we need to know.

In the meantime, until we get our own forum, please post El Dorado COUNTY (not just "near" El Dorado Hills) questions and answers here.

Thank you in advance to all who participate, many of whom I hope will be realtors and other property tax transferees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 10:31 PM

54 posts, read 67,309 times
Where can one get the most bang for their buck in western El Dorado County?

Old 09-20-2015, 03:57 PM

7,708 posts, read 5,451,465 times
Default Re Western El Dorado County

I wish I knew, because I am considering buying an El Dorado County property myself (was previously interested in maybe a purchase in Roseville or Granite Bay, but the lure of tax basis transfer for me is strong, too, and only ED County participates), and I can't tolerate the high altitude and don't want the heavy snow of cities in eastern ED County.

I don't think I would like the brand new construction communities from what I have seen online, just generally "newer" or well-renovated and not small lots.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:14 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,839,974 times
Good luck with your request. I think there has to be a certain amount of activity to warrant a special forum. Central Ca (Fresno- Bakersfield) has been requested but never created. I suggest asking in the moderator/administrator zone. http://www.city-data.com/forum/about-forum/

Old 09-21-2015, 10:57 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,279,161 times
Yeah, considering that we field questions about places from Redding to Stockton here, and El Dorado County has fewer than 200,000 people and its biggest city barely over 20,000 people, justifying an El Dorado County subforum is a bit of a stretch.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:36 PM

7,708 posts, read 5,451,465 times
Default Dedicated thread for EL DORADO COUNTY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Yeah, considering that we field questions about places from Redding to Stockton here, and El Dorado County has fewer than 200,000 people and its biggest city barely over 20,000 people, justifying an El Dorado County subforum is a bit of a stretch.
I notice that in the Sacramento forum there is a dedicated thread to the new stadium. Perhaps something similar to that, then, i.e. a dedicated thread for El Dorado COUNTY might be sufficient for now.

As I and others have stated, there is something unique and important to El Dorado COUNTY that warrants being separated and/or dedicated. There are thousands of people who might choose to move to El Dorado COUNTY in order to transfer their tax basis from other counties to El Dorado, something which benefits all concerned, including the county's coffers.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:00 AM

The OP isn't asking for a dedicated thread, they're asking for a dedicated forum which is not the same as a single thread. The relatively obscure issue of tax basis transfer gets brought up once in a while in threads, and people seem to have little trouble finding out what they're looking for, simply by posting on an existing thread or starting a new one. In terms of total traffic, probably half of the Sacramento subforum's traffic is about Midtown Sacramento, but nobody's asking for a separate Midtown subforum (although it would probably be a relief to those sick of hearing about Midtown.)

El Dorado County does seem to like thinking of itself as separate from the rest of the region--they tend to characterize any type of regional planning initiative like the SACOG Blueprint as part of "Agenda 21" Communist takeover conspiracy. And it's definitely very weird that their largest community doesn't even have a city government.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:48 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,839,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
In terms of total traffic, probably half of the Sacramento subforum's traffic is about Midtown Sacramento, but nobody's asking for a separate Midtown subforum (although it would probably be a relief to those sick of hearing about Midtown.)
If only it meant ya'll stayed out the suburb topics for which you know nada except complaints (and your agenda 21 reference).

You're actually pretty knowledable about the whole region. And have written or contributed to history books.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:31 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,164,155 times
No offense to OP but El Dorado Co. is too small of an area to have its own forum here. If that got started then every county in the state would want its own forum, and 58 forums is too many. A suggestion to OP is to consider talking to a web hosting company and starting your own ED Co. forum. The cost per month to run it would be nominal.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
If only it meant ya'll stayed out the suburb topics for which you know nada except complaints (and your agenda 21 reference).
Been trying to steer clear of the suburb topics for a while now. Unless it's just too irresistible to pass up.

AGENDA 21 LINKS | Save Our County

El Dorado County folks riled by U.N. agenda for sustainable growth – Folsom/El Dorado News – The Sacramento Bee

Inside Agenda 21: The International Tyranny of Bike Lanes - The Wire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento