Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 07:26 PM
pba pba started this thread

410 posts, read 917,069 times

Advertisements

Finally, some solid information on when this Safeway shopping center is going to FINALLY be built. I'm still looking for info on the Raley's shopping center across the street but this is a very good start. From the Rancho Cordova City website they had a list of current projects.

Map of Anatolia Projects
One of the projects was the Anatolia development and they had a map of all the different subdivisions (City of Rancho Cordova : Current City Projects Map).

The builder of this shopping center is listed as Donahue Schriber Company (Donahue Schriber (http://www.donahueschriber.com/development/development.asp - broken link)) and they have some great info on the shopping center. From this link just look at the Sunridge Plaza development half way down the page. It says the Safeway will open in Fall 2008. It also says Bank of America and a dentist's office are the other current tenants.

Most Important Link
Storetrax.com - Property Detail Page

I'll try to find more info on the Raley's shopping center also but I really couldn't care less which one opens first. I live in Mather so this will be less than two mile from my house. The other nearest shopping center is 7 to 9 miles away. Might not seem like much but it seems like it when you're only going for milk or something simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 05:03 PM

3 posts, read 25,952 times
Cool Any update on the Raileys?

Any luck finding new information about the development? When is railey gonna open?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:44 PM

Default Legal trouble & wetland issues....

Looks like the retail shops might be doing ok with the lawsuit (Vineyard Area Citizens for Responsible Growth v. City of Rancho Cordova). Google that whole name and you'll find some good info. The following is a video summary of the court action being taken and basically says the case is still with the California Court of Appeals.

Vineyard Area Citizens for Responsible Growth v. City of Rancho Cordova | The Daily Case Report

The issue is over whether or not Anatolia has a sustainable, long-term water source that won't dry up the Sacramento River (where it's drawing water from...it gets piped in from West Sac) and cause certain populations of fish to be destroyed. The other issue is whether or not the Federal gov't will allow construction to continue because of a wetlands issue. Some certain type of wild grass grows there and some group of knuckleheads want to preserve it.

I'm sure both Raley's and Safeway are waiting for the outcome of this decision before they will break ground (or before they will be allowed to break ground probably).

I've lived in Mather for 5 years now so I've seen those 'Coming Soon' signs for a long time. Looks like we might see them for a 'little' while longer. Remember though Anatolia was first proposed in the early 1980's!!! Might be until the 2080's until this really gets done.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:10 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
This was in the Sacramento Business Journal a couple of weeks ago, I'm not so sure that any commercial development will be happening there in the near future:

Two of Sacramento's top builders have unloaded 250 acres approved for new homes in Rancho Cordova for 16 cents on the dollar -- the first major land sell-off in the capital area since housing sales collapsed last year.

The ranch land, known as "Montelena," has approvals for 879 homes, but it could be years before any construction takes place due to traffic concerns and the high fees in Rancho Cordova's Sunrise-Douglas area.

According to the city, plans for traffic improvements must be in place before more homes can be built. So while the slump is certainly a factor in Centex and Pulte pulling out, those barriers likely compounded the desire to get out of the project.

Centex, Pulte dump land in Rancho - Sacramento Business Journal:

Old 04-18-2008, 04:03 PM

Default Ok, this might take a little longer....

I see lawsuits coming from this which obviously means more delays for Raley's & Safeway. All for the sake of the 'slender orcutt grass'. What?!?!?!?!

Folsom - Rancho Cordova News - Rancho Cordova may ease wetlands protections - sacbee.com (http://www.sacbee.com/folsom/story/871828.html - broken link)

Old 05-21-2008, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 12,548 times
If you click on the link for Sunridge Plaza (shopping center at Sunrise and Douglas), on the Donahue Schriber site it takes you to a page saying that it is opening Fall 2009. I just received an email response from Safeway yesterday saying they are opening late 2008. Sounds impossible since they haven't even broken ground. Raley's told me yesterday they are tentatively scheduled to open in 2010. Lame.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 12,451 times
Default Response from Raleys...on 6/03/2008

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Thank you for your continued interest in the opening of a Raley's at Sunrise and Douglas in Rancho Cordova. As I stated in my previous letter, we are waiting for the "roof top" count to reach a certain number before we will begin construction. The number of houses not only have to be built, but they must be occupied. That number has not been reached. Again, I would suggest contacting the developer, AKT, at 916-388-2300, for any further information.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I am sorry I am not able to provide you with any more positive information.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Sincerely,[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Bonnie Warren[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Consumer Affairs Coordinator[/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 06-06-2008, 12:17 PM

Default More Anatolia lawsuits...more delays on Raley's/Safeway

From the SacBee on June 6th, 2008:

Sunrise-Douglas Legal Headaches for Rancho Cordova (http://www.sacbee.com/folsom/story/993409.html - broken link)

Old 07-09-2008, 07:56 PM

Recently Safeway had postponed their construction from Fall 2008 to Fall 2009 but they have just now re-adjusted this timeframe to Fall 2010. Sheesh.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:28 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
Recently Safeway had postponed their construction from Fall 2008 to Fall 2009 but they have just now re-adjusted this timeframe to Fall 2010. Sheesh.
That's tough going for y'all out that ways. My thinking is the lack of convenience and practically total isolation has to be hurting resale values for the homes. Ultimately, that would reflect in lower tax collections for the city too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento