U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 03:21 PM

154 posts, read 812,001 times

Advertisements

Hey, Orangevale isn't that bad! I like the rural areas out by Casa Robles High School. There are horses in people's yards, not a common sight for the suburbs. I love it out there, it's very pretty. There are bad neighborhoods in every town. IThere are a few "poor" neighborhoods in Orangevale, but it's not like there are gangsters shooting at each other or anything. All in all, it's a nice, middle class town where the houses have large yards and big oak trees!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 10:20 PM

5 posts, read 20,015 times
Default schools

I've read all of the posts about this area since last June 2007. There is a lot of talk about neighborhoods and schools but no mention of the Waldorf schools there. Isn't one of the advantages to living in Fair Oaks or Orangevale the proximity to the Waldorf schools?

Old 03-08-2008, 11:12 AM

3,178 posts, read 13,165,668 times
Waldorf school is a private school - a different subject than public area schools

And the Waldorf school in Fair Oaks (off Fair Oaks Blvd) is in a nice area of Fair Oaks and close (very close ) to Folsom (Old Folsom)...which have a better area for schools

At least that is my opinion

Old 03-10-2008, 05:48 PM

179 posts, read 674,861 times
Are you talking about the private Sacramento Waldorf school on Bannister Rd. in Fair Oaks?? Or are you talking about the Golden Valley free charter Waldorf school on the Orangevale/Folsom border (on Lake Natoma drive)? Golden Valley is literally about 2 blocks from the Folsom border. Sac Waldorf is probably 10 miles away from Folsom/Orangevale. Golden Valley just moved from its Fair Oaks location on Kermit Dr. (on the Citrus Heights, F.O., Carmichael border) to it's new location on Lake Natoma Drive.

Personally, I prefer the Montessori schools and there is a FANTASTIC one located in Orangevale.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:42 AM

5 posts, read 20,015 times
Default orangevale

I would prefer the charter school - Golden Valley. Does anyone have any input or experience with this school?

Old 03-25-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kksue View Post
I would prefer the charter school - Golden Valley. Does anyone have any input or experience with this school?
I went to a parent presentation at this school last summer and to be honest I was not impressed. After doing a lot of research on Waldorf I decided that it wasn't the right fit for my family. We have decided on Montessori (I researched play based, Reggio, Waldorf, Montessori, co-ops, school district preschools, etc.).

I know that Golden Valley recently moved to Orangevale (on the folsom border) and I would recommend that you take a school tour and speak with the principle. I personally was a little put off by her attitude, but you may feel differently. They have a website - I'll try to dig it up for you.

I think that if you have decided on a Waldorf education then it's at least worth the visit. Good luck!

Old 03-25-2008, 12:46 PM

Golden Valley Charter School

PARENT INFORMATION MEETINGS

Open Enrollment for the 2008/2009 school year is over. However, we are continuing to accept applications to fill openings in some of the grades.

Parents interested in learning more about Golden Valley Charter School and possibly enrolling their children are invited to attend a Parent Information Meeting. During this meeting, attendees learn about our Waldorf-methods curriculum, how we function as a charter school, the parental support that is needed in order to be successful in our program and opportunities for parent involvment. If you are considering enrolling your child(ren) in Golden Valley Charter School, or just want to learn more, please attend a Parent Information Meeting. Applications will be available at all Parent Information Meetings.

Upcoming Parent Information Meetings:

Wednesday April 2, 2008 at 10:00am

All Parent Information Meetings will be held on the school campus located at:

Golden Valley Charter School
9601 Lake Natoma Drive*
Orangevale, CA 95662-5022
(916) 987-6141

Old 03-25-2008, 05:40 PM

553 posts, read 2,081,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detrna View Post
I haven't read very many positive remaks on Orangevale.
What is so bad about that city?
Nothing bad. It depends what you like. Fair oaks and Orangevale anre very hodge podge Farm next to a housing sub division next to a empty lot next to a ranch etc.... New house old house trailer. If you like that then it is fine. No crime to speak of. Just not to pretty in my opinion.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 6,541 times
anyone from ov

Old 05-11-2008, 07:32 PM

3,881 posts, read 7,471,080 times
I really like the area around "Rollingwood". It's an upscale suburban area and it's right near the river and walking trails. Other than that, overall, it has a very "white trash" feel. I've seen some scary bumper stickers and stickers strategically placed at the local gas stations regarding "white power" and quotes from Hitler on the backs of trucks. Do all people from Orangevale think this way- of course not, but it certainly turned me off to the area in general. I'm sorry if I offended anyone from Orangevale (I know not everyone is like this) but it's the sort of thing I observed when I lived in neighboring Fair Oaks. Coming from the Bay area, it was so obscure and scary to actually see this sort of blatant racism thing. Maybe I was naive and sheltered?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento