Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2016, 09:39 AM

2 posts, read 1,571 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm moving from Vegas with my wife and newborn and want to try out California, and from my initial research, Sacramento seems like one of the more decent areas in California where the rent isn't too insane. Looking for a place to stay for just a year or less while I explore the area. I work online, so it doesn't necessarily need to be close to any job as commute is no issue.

So I'm looking for somewhere in Sacramento or surrounding area that's nice to be for a new family. A 1 bedroom is fine (I can put the extra stuff I have in storage), but I could go for 2 if the rent is still decent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 09:40 AM

42,743 posts, read 25,909,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdouble View Post
Hello, I'm moving from Vegas with my wife and newborn and want to try out California, and from my initial research, Sacramento seems like one of the more decent areas in California where the rent isn't too insane. Looking for a place to stay for just a year or less while I explore the area. I work online, so it doesn't necessarily need to be close to any job as commute is no issue.

So I'm looking for somewhere in Sacramento or surrounding area that's nice to be for a new family. A 1 bedroom is fine (I can put the extra stuff I have in storage), but I could go for 2 if the rent is still decent.
I'm not sure anymore because rents have gone up, you might try Carmichael, Citrus Heights, Natomas, Rancho Cordova. Best thing to do is look on Craigslist if you see something you like come back and post the ad, or at least include the specific area and there are plenty of people here who will give you their opinion

Old 11-18-2016, 10:06 AM

30,702 posts, read 79,379,373 times
I think if you get way north of San Francisco up near the Oregon Border, it is pretty cheap, but there will not be a lot of rentals. Some friends just bought a camping trailer and rented a site. That was quite cheap, and their trailer is pretty nice.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:38 PM

2 posts, read 1,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm not sure anymore because rents have gone up, you might try Carmichael, Citrus Heights, Natomas, Rancho Cordova. Best thing to do is look on Craigslist if you see something you like come back and post the ad, or at least include the specific area and there are plenty of people here who will give you their opinion
Thanks, I just applied for a 2 bedroom in Citrus Heights around the corner from Sunrise mall for $1025....seems like a pretty nice area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento