Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 08:44 PM

231 posts, read 250,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borninsac View Post
Old-timer EDH folks remember when on the corner of Green Valley Road and Francisco Boulevard, high up a hill, was a little red office building for a real estate company called Phoenix Real Estate.

And the EDH sign prior to the EDH Boulevard exit listed a population of 7,000.
Or when all of Serrano was used to graze cattle and there was a driving range and public gold course behind Raley's. Or when Raley's faced the golf course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 02:30 PM

888 posts, read 890,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHntr View Post
Or when all of Serrano was used to graze cattle and there was a driving range and public gold course behind Raley's. Or when Raley's faced the golf course.
That was a darn nice golf course; actually had a client golf event there in the good olden days.

And yes I remember pre-Serrano. My son ran cross country and track at Oak Ridge and I remember running the Serrano hills with him and his team mates dying on the vine to stay with them.

I remember the EDH sign eastbound 50 with a stated population of 7,000.

Old 03-06-2018, 03:53 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonbonk5 View Post
It is probably people like me coming from San Jose, bay area, retiring and moving to El Dorado county and the surrounding areas. We have not moved yet, but looking. One of the reasons so many 55 over communities. Plus we can transfer our prop 13 tax base to this county. Sorry. Just like a lot of people from other countries and out of state are moving to bay area and making it so unaffordable for us people that have lived in San Jose all of our lives. We are being forced out and have to move somewhere.
Better hurry up if you want to transfer your tax base to El Dorado County.

The intercounty option ends November 7, 2018 for El Dorado County, unless action is taken to extend it.

After that, only ten counties will remain for tax transfers: Alameda, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Tuolumne, and Ventura.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:13 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,548 times
There’s a sizable area of startups South of 50. An entire office park full of them, actually. People are moving from the bay and Socal to start their own investment forms, etc in EDH. Wbich is part of the eeason its culture completely sucks. But, that’s your answer.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:58 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
I live in the East Bay and several I work with live in El Dorado Hills... quite a commute that only gets worse.

Asked why they do it and the most common response is Bay Area pays higher wages and the homes cost less in El Dorado County.

Only two I know that have retired did the Prop 13 transfer...

Old 03-07-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I live in the East Bay and several I work with live in El Dorado Hills... quite a commute that only gets worse.

Asked why they do it and the most common response is Bay Area pays higher wages and the homes cost less in El Dorado County.

Only two I know that have retired did the Prop 13 transfer...
What a terrible commute!

Are they the same people? Are the ones who transferred the same as two of the commuters who live in El Dorado Hills? If not, where?

I found a post from 2016 where NinaN, a realtor in El Dorado Hills, said that the Prop 90 transfer into El Dorado County was supposed to last for five years, yet it was recently changed and will end November 7, 2018.

Old 03-08-2018, 12:00 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Not all commute every work week day...

Some have arrangements to stay over and others can work from home at times.

We had a major expansion and the Electrical Contractor is based in Sacramento which means a lot of the employees were around Sac...

The foreman lives in Placerville... he said it is worth it to go where the jobs are and working in the Bay Area comes with a higher pay rate.

I can see where a 3 to 12 month project would be different... but we have a MRI and PET Scan techs that live up that way... Folsom and Eldorado Hills... they leave for work very early 4 days a week to arrive by 5:30 am at the Hospital... no scans done on Friday... so 4 days on and 3 off... plus driving at 3 am is during the least traffic barring weather or accidents.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:16 AM

3,720 posts, read 9,998,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
What a terrible commute!

Are they the same people? Are the ones who transferred the same as two of the commuters who live in El Dorado Hills? If not, where?

I found a post from 2016 where NinaN, a realtor in El Dorado Hills, said that the Prop 90 transfer into El Dorado County was supposed to last for five years, yet it was recently changed and will end November 7, 2018.
Yes El Dorado County did decide to stop offering Prop 90 to seniors moving to the county.

The only people I personally know that commute from here to the Bay Area are firemen that can stay overnight for their shifts.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post
Yes El Dorado County did decide to stop offering Prop 90 to seniors moving to the county.
Hi Nina. Do you know the reason for them stopping this so soon? If you could link to an article with details I would appreciate it.

Old 03-09-2018, 06:12 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,998,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Hi Nina. Do you know the reason for them stopping this so soon? If you could link to an article with details I would appreciate it.
There was push back from some of our newly elected supervisors. Prop 90 was put in place to try to help the economy and sell houses when the market was tanked. But the belief is that the market is in good shape and homes will continue to sell even without Prop 90 being offered. The long term outlook is millions of dollars of lost revenue to the county and people are not on board with that (other than the ones benefiting directly).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento