Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 05:59 PM

12 posts, read 19,038 times

Advertisements

hi folks. Hubby and I would like to retire in Placerville. Can anyone help us. Are there any areas to avoid. We are looking at a house near the Hidden Springs Mobile Home Park. Is that a nice area? We have no idea. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 09:03 PM

152 posts, read 230,812 times
That area is okay. It's a little busy in that area for my tastes though. If I were to move to Placerville I'd want to to go to an area with less traffic and would find something a few miles out in any direction. Camino is lovely imo, Apple Hill area probably is where I'd look.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:52 PM

12 posts, read 19,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NineOneSix View Post
That area is okay. It's a little busy in that area for my tastes though. If I were to move to Placerville I'd want to to go to an area with less traffic and would find something a few miles out in any direction. Camino is lovely imo, Apple Hill area probably is where I'd look.
Thank you!!!!

Old 03-26-2018, 07:58 PM

534 posts, read 1,525,573 times
That area is fine. You do not want anywhere near Broadway in upper Placerville; Smith Flats also, have problems with homeless.

In Diamond Springs, you don't want to be near Pearl Place. Gang problem.

In Cameron Park, there is an area of apartments that seems to have an issue.

Camino and Apple Hill you will have to deal with snow every winter. Something to consider.

Welcome to the area, and good luck!

Old 03-27-2018, 09:22 AM

231 posts, read 248,537 times
You may want to check on the current rates for water and sewage for houses within the city. Placerville didn't take care of water pipes for years and is now conducting an aggressive (and expensive) campaign to repair leaking/failing pipes. A lot of people I know that live within city limits have complained about their water rates going up substantially. If you find the amount is too much, you can usually save a little money on that bill by living just outside of town on county water.

As for the crime rates, you can ask Placerville PD to get specifics. Although Cold Springs Road is busy, there are some really nice houses and areas past the mobile home park, including a golf course.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:44 PM

11 posts, read 14,625 times
Most areas of Placerville are alright except for upper Broadway. Up the hill towards Camino is very nice, but the town gets extremely busy during the Apple season and all the way through the holidays. Camino gets snow occasionally, but not as much as Pollock Pines, and that doesn’t stick around all winter. Down the hill from Placerville towards Cameron Park you get into more of the flat-lander scum. Near the golf course in Cameron Park is nice, as is up Cambridge around the lake. Stay away from the apartment areas, as previously posted. SE of Placerville in Pleasant Valley it’s remote enough to be a nice little community, with little snow and no gang problems. Plus, it’s close enough to go visit the wineries in the Shenandoah Valley whenever you’d like!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento