Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2018, 09:11 PM

5 posts, read 6,270 times

Advertisements

Hello. I recently accepted a job offer in downtown Sacramento (near the Golden 1 Center) and was wondering what would be some good areas for me to look in. The job will be a typical 8-5, M-F schedule.

I am in my mid-20s, single, no kids, no pets. I like quiet areas and don't care about nightlife and that sort of thing. I prefer more recent construction (~post-1980) to older buildings. I'm looking for a 1-bedroom place and can spend up to about $1600/month on rent. I am also looking for a place that includes a parking space.

I would like to keep my commute to about 20 minutes or less (30 minutes biking). I will probably be driving, but being close enough to bike to work would be nice. So far I've been most interested in West Sacramento and the area around South Natomas and Gateway Center because they seem like relatively quick commutes down I-5, and there seems to be some biking potential as well. These areas are also suburban, which I prefer. I've looked around downtown and midtown, but they're a little cramped for my liking.

Any input would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 12:46 PM

764 posts, read 2,036,981 times
Pocket area would work. Zip is 95831. Easy commute to downtown via I5 or surface streets. Good access to river trail for biking.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:52 PM

12 posts, read 12,959 times
We are moving from east sac to west sac in a few months and we are excited about moving to a quieter area with lower cost of living. We are moving north of the 80 and below the river which seems to be less crime than by the ikea. My husband and I also will be commuting into the downtown area and the commute is small compared to other areas. I’m also planning on biking in over the tower bridge if possible. We also looked at the pocket, South land park, Tahoe park, college greens and felt like west sac was just an easier commute with newer homes.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:13 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,662,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimejes View Post
Hello. I recently accepted a job offer in downtown Sacramento (near the Golden 1 Center) and was wondering what would be some good areas for me to look in. The job will be a typical 8-5, M-F schedule.

I am in my mid-20s, single, no kids, no pets. I like quiet areas and don't care about nightlife and that sort of thing. I prefer more recent construction (~post-1980) to older buildings. I'm looking for a 1-bedroom place and can spend up to about $1600/month on rent. I am also looking for a place that includes a parking space.

I would like to keep my commute to about 20 minutes or less (30 minutes biking). I will probably be driving, but being close enough to bike to work would be nice. So far I've been most interested in West Sacramento and the area around South Natomas and Gateway Center because they seem like relatively quick commutes down I-5, and there seems to be some biking potential as well. These areas are also suburban, which I prefer. I've looked around downtown and midtown, but they're a little cramped for my liking.

Any input would be much appreciated.
I would also recommend the Pocket/Greenhaven and South Land Park areas (Zips 95822 and 95831). There are several peak bus routes that connect those neighborhoods with downtown Sacramento if you're seeking an alternative transportation option. In addition, there is a bike trail that runs along the Sacramento River between Old Sacramento and the Little Pocket neighborhood and Riverside Blvd. The trail resumes along the river and runs through the Seymour Park greenbelt. Here's a link to apartment communities in the Pocket/Greenhaven area:

Last edited by Yac; 12-04-2020 at 02:43 AM..

Old 03-25-2018, 01:34 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatica View Post
Pocket area would work. Zip is 95831. Easy commute to downtown via I5 or surface streets. Good access to river trail for biking.
Was just about to post this. I was down at the Pocket today, and if I was renting, man, some of those apartments look just beautiful. Lush area with plenty of trees, good community vibe with friendly people, and nice parks. I saw a complex right by Garicia Park that almost made me want to become a renter again. Was so well maintained, everyone had plants and things on their balconies, right by the river with great access to trails, etc. I'd estimate it's about a 10-15 drive to downtown.

Old 03-27-2018, 02:42 PM

5 posts, read 6,270 times
Thanks for the input. I'll check out the Pocket and South Land Park areas too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento