Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2018, 05:35 PM

7 posts, read 6,007 times

Advertisements

Hello Folks - I would love to hear your honest opinions on 2 neighborhoods in El Dorado Hills. (Watermark and Serrano)

My family consists of myself, husband and 2 young daughters (who have yet to start Elementary school). We are relocating from the Bay area and found ourselves liking some homes in both of these communities.

We love a home in Watermark but are not sure how it would work for the kids. I know Serrano has parks and there are other activities that take place that the kids can participate in, etc. None of that is available in Watermark. But the available homes in Watermark have the wow factor as far as views and grandness I am looking for. We can eventually put the kids in different activities so they can participate and meet and make friends, so it's not exactly necessary to be living near a park. And Watermark is a 10 minute drive to town. But a part of me is thinking it's so removed from everything (yet it's only 10 min from everything). I don't know

My question to you folks is how much do you know of the Watermark community and is it a good place to live with kids?

Any other info on those 2 communities would be so appreciated. We are hoping to buy and move in the next 2 months.

Thanks so much for reading.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2018, 07:22 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,996,913 times
Watermark is a beautiful community with great lake views just as you mentioned. But it is a hike to get out there. I've had clients buy there in the past but they didn't have young kids living there.

As a mom of a school age kid, I think I would prefer living closer to the schools and parks, where my son could ride his bike to see his friends rather than me drive him every time. Watermark doesn't have many homes so that will limit the number of families with kids.

In the end, it really depends on how you live and what you love most about a neighborhood. If the seclusion and views appeal to you, Watermark might work better. If living near more people, schools, and parks appeals to you then Serrano.

Good luck.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:47 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,163,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msboston78 View Post
Watermark and Serrano
HOA is probably $200 per month. Read the CCR's to make sure you can live with the rules. I find the CCR's to be incredibly restrictive, such as: you are required to leave your garage door down at all times unless you are coming or going; you can't park a vehicle in your own driveway; painting your house requires permission in advance -- and the HOA might reject your color choice.

Personally I don't understand why people want to pay money to an HOA only to have them tell you what you can't do with your own property, but apparently some people like rigid conformity. YMMV.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:27 PM

251 posts, read 375,981 times
Not sure what you and your family like to do but my wife loves the fact that we can go walk and take our daughter to a park. With Watermark you don't have that luxury. Not sure on your budget but there are a few communities that offer nice views and have that grandness in El Dorado Hills while still being near people and parks. At the price point of Watermark you also have Promontory, Ridgeview Village, Summit, Serrano CC Estates.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:36 PM

7 posts, read 6,007 times
Thanks everyone! I do agree with you all that with small kids, it may feel isolated. I spoke to a family there and they said there are 4 families with kids and 1 more moving in. I have also seen the homes in the other communities that you all mentioned but nothing in my price range has the wow factor that I'm looking for. i know ultimately it comes down to what we want to do as a family but then most families have to drive down 8-10 minutes to activities or classes anyway.

Should the fact that i can't walk to a park with my littles drive me away from a home that I have fallen in love with? We can still walk in the community to a lake nearby.

I don't know, i just think i want to get as many perspectives of people from many walks of life and understand their experiences so I can make a more informed decision as this would be a very costly mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento