Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2018, 06:53 PM

914 posts, read 642,084 times

Advertisements

Is it odd that the wording on so many of these measures and props seem intentionally confusing? I'm especially suspect when they play ominous background music with them in their adverts.

So as I said earlier, I was just reading this measure was for the deal Mayor Steinberg made with the construction unions getting preferential treatment on bids by excluding non-union construction companies from bidding on city projects.

https://fox40.com/2018/10/18/watchdo...uction-unions/

I'd highly recommend this, if you can, listen to John McGinness KFBK show from yesterday (Thursday, Oct 18). He interviews Craig Powell. Really interesting about how recent donations were handled by the mayor.

Many say this measure is for funding the golden pensions for state workers, I'm really doubting that One thing I do know, Steinberg needs to be investigated for rewriting the rules for granting contracts to city projects as well as conflicts of interest in donations from those who benefit from the same. I want so much to see his face when U does not pass.

I'm voting NO ON U and I hope U will too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 08:03 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
We are already heavily taxed. No more taxes. I vote NO measure U too.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:45 AM

276 posts, read 364,869 times
I do hope people actually read the measure before voting.

This is a GENERAL FUND TAX. All proceeds will go into the city's general fund and how it will be spent will be determined by existing city ordinances. Any and all debts that are general fund debts can and will be funded at least partially by this tax. This includes the arena bond servicing; city employee salaries, benefits, and pensions (police, fire fighters, garbage collectors, utility workers, etc.); park maintenance; and other debt payment.

ALL promises about how the money is going to be used for jobs in poorer areas of the city are WORTHLESS and NOT ENFORCEABLE.

As for the committee that is supposed to oversee how this money and the revenue from the last tax was spent, it was and is a complete joke. The committee sat without a quorum of members until just before the city council voted to put this new tax on the ballot. They hastily appointed members so they could point to an active committee.

Vote NO.

The original Measure U was promised to be a TEMPORARY tax. Give the politicians a win and allow their promise to actually be fulfilled.

Old 10-20-2018, 12:30 PM

290 posts, read 544,209 times
More general fund money to take on more debt caused by mis-management and fiscal irresponsibility. I do love it when even blue voters start "finally" questioning these measures. I guess it doesn't matter to them until they feel it directly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento