U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:15 AM

756 posts, read 1,554,666 times

Advertisements

I saw on the news the possible serial sniper that's been killing Mexican guys around town. The three men killed are Mexican nationals in their early 30s and have been shot outside their cars around Sac Executive Airport to Florin road between 12-6am over the past two months.
I cannot believe how violent so much of Sacramento has become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 04:18 PM

3,971 posts, read 6,236,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Stockton/Florin near Rutter School.
runs the other way.....

Old 04-18-2008, 10:37 PM

38 posts, read 128,668 times
Sacgirl, have you moved to south sac yet?

Old 04-18-2008, 10:50 PM

163 posts, read 548,339 times
Ok, just for fun....

in the short time I lived there (meadowview in the new houses by the freeway...)

We heard, saw, and even were followed home frequently by the police helicopter. By heard and saw I mean just about nightly. Seriously. It routinely did circles around our neighborhood. Fun.

While lying in bed on warm nights with the windows open I heard gun shots pretty often. Cool.

One night with the window open I awoke to screeching tires, revving engine, more tires, then "crash", then more revving engines and sirens. A police chase ended with the bad guys crashing into the neighbors car that was parked in the driveway.

Neighbor's house was broken into while he was away, going for his guns, apparently he knew the kids and gave then a few "jack johnsons" ! Ha, good for him.

Hmmmm.... that is all I can think of.

Oh, and a teenager got shot a killed right on our street (down a ways in the old neighborhood) at a house party.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:05 AM

3 posts, read 6,044 times
I posted earlier about moving to sac, my husband wants to go to sac state, but after reading this I dont know if I want to, It seems sac is a damn horribly place to live!!

Old 07-25-2008, 12:46 AM

13 posts, read 34,614 times
I used to live in South Sac on 44th Avenue near Fruitridge Park, and also at Mack Rd./Stockton Blvd. It is nuts, I got to the point where I hardly flinched when hearing gunshots. It will numb you down and extinguish any light you have. Sacramento is a great city, there's some decent people living in this area still but most are definetely too paranoid to talk to anyone new, I know I'm quickly getting that way. However, most people who have lived here for a while know not to play around downtown or the inner city. It's quite rough believe it or not, and after sunset it's more of a chainsaw massacre vibe in my opinion. I happened to lose my job and have a person take me in down there which is why I lived there for a bit, but don't be stupid, unless you're an addict there's nothing it can offer you. I finally left the area once a good friend of mine was beaten within an inch of his life (with internal bleeding, etc.) after leaving a party which I was at as well (I had a 'feeling' to leave an hour before he did, don't underestimate that intuition), that was in Fruitridge, the area you're talking about though isn't any different. If you're a native Sacramentan like you said, why do you need any info on this anyways? Nothings changed, Oak Park had their riots in the late 60s and the tension lingers on. If you're happy at 65th/Florin you might as well try the projects at 5th/Vallejo instead, it'd be more affordable. You're not new, if you want nice you need to look someplace else than around the Florin Mall. I'm sure the people living around that area will have no problem telling you the same. With me it was instantaneous pressure to join a gang, luckily I was able to broaden my scope and see I had other options instead of just going along with it.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:52 PM

354 posts, read 693,236 times
Default no, it's not horrible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allthegoodnameswheregone View Post
I posted earlier about moving to sac, my husband wants to go to sac state, but after reading this I dont know if I want to, It seems sac is a damn horribly place to live!!
Don't let these incidents get to you...they happen in certain neighborhoods that have issues. Sac State and the area around it is completely fine.

It's like saying, L.A. sounds like a damn horrible place to live - are you talking about Compton (SCARY!!!) or are you talking about Beverly Hills? Both are in the L.A. area.

Don't let this thread, or others, scare you off. Sacto has some problems in some neighborhoods, but so does every other city in the U.S.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:09 AM

3 posts, read 3,289 times
It is probably toughest neighborhood,(especially Franklin/Florin area) in the Sacramento area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento