Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 12:35 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,256,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Fvck this rain I want a DROUGHT no more rain no more wind!
I'm over it too. Had a few warm days a few days ago but raining again now and too cold for this time of year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 10:45 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,566,513 times
It rained good today

Old 03-31-2019, 03:25 AM

527 posts, read 1,322,974 times
mediterranean climate is a *****. It's a love/hate relationship at best. Once you get used to and accept the rain you're introduced to 5 months of hot clear skies and vice versa. Some years, you wonder when it'll rain and replenish the groundwater for the central valley, other years you've had enough. This year was above my preference, too many ruined weekend plans but hey whatever. It was mild weather, can't complain too much.

Old 04-01-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob98LS1 View Post
mediterranean climate is a *****. It's a love/hate relationship at best. Once you get used to and accept the rain you're introduced to 5 months of hot clear skies and vice versa. Some years, you wonder when it'll rain and replenish the groundwater for the central valley, other years you've had enough. This year was above my preference, too many ruined weekend plans but hey whatever. It was mild weather, can't complain too much.
Mediterranean climates are great IMO! The alternative options are mostly worse. Either continental, where it's snowing and freezing in winter and rains off and on year round, or tropical, where it's sticky and humid, or desert, where it's bone dry, windy, and even hotter. This is a good in-between climate that's amazing for plants. Where else could you grow apples and oranges, or palm trees and redwoods, side by side?

Old 04-03-2019, 02:06 AM

527 posts, read 1,322,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Mediterranean climates are great IMO! The alternative options are mostly worse. Either continental, where it's snowing and freezing in winter and rains off and on year round, or tropical, where it's sticky and humid, or desert, where it's bone dry, windy, and even hotter. This is a good in-between climate that's amazing for plants. Where else could you grow apples and oranges, or palm trees and redwoods, side by side?
Touche sir. My post was generated out of a minor annoyance (minor annoyance meaning general rain) more than anything else, which is why I've stuck around this ground for so long. I always tell myself I'd prefer the weather in LA or SD because of less rain but it really isn't that bad. Worst we get is rain and a few thunderstorms, hardly anything to truly complain about.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:57 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,566,513 times
I hate this weather wish it would have rained earlier and not late spring summer.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob98LS1 View Post
Touche sir. My post was generated out of a minor annoyance (minor annoyance meaning general rain) more than anything else, which is why I've stuck around this ground for so long. I always tell myself I'd prefer the weather in LA or SD because of less rain but it really isn't that bad. Worst we get is rain and a few thunderstorms, hardly anything to truly complain about.
True, and remember SoCal had a terrible winter of cold and frequent rain too. The PNW was actually the place to be this year (except for their February snowstorms). It has just been a crappy season for all. It will end. (But when??)

Old 04-04-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
I hate this weather wish it would have rained earlier and not late spring summer.
But... It's not late spring or summer. It's early spring. Spring just started two weeks ago. By June, we'll be in for at least five straight months of clear skies, but hopefully sooner than that!

Old 04-06-2019, 03:06 PM

2,889 posts, read 1,993,966 times
Quote:
True, and remember SoCal had a terrible winter of cold and frequent rain too. The PNW was actually the place to be this year (except for their February snowstorms). It has just been a crappy season for all. It will end. (But when??)
Pnw wasn't the place to be. Stop.
Southern San Joaquin valley was, if any place deserved it.

Put some respect on the name

December - seattle

https://m.accuweather.com/en/us/seat...nyr=12/01/2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jLT7GQYNhI&app=desktop

Old 04-06-2019, 06:30 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,043,163 times
Quote:
I TOTALLY agree. The climate is the BEST if you're a gardener.

BTW, is there still talk about building the proposed underground pipeline under the Delta? Seems I remember Jerry Brown was in favor of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento