Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 10:11 AM

1,348 posts, read 2,857,416 times

Advertisements

If you can't pay rent, why are you still staying at the place? You have no right or any sense of decency. Move out already MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-28-2011 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: you made your point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 PM

6 posts, read 8,621 times
we just got a three day notice and honestly Ima terrified
of what might happen if we just go
can the landlord take us to Court

Old 02-07-2013, 07:32 PM

by go I mean just leave

Old 02-07-2013, 07:34 PM

we've relied on seps to pay our bills in my opinon worse idea
and but they usually do I don't get it

Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,651,949 times
I think the original advice probably stands--they'll keep your deposit but, unless there's substantial damage, they probably won't take you to court.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:38 AM

thnks ryun s tht makes me happy

Old 05-16-2013, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whess View Post
A young Art student moves in to my Moms' home and 7 days later she has a heart attach and passes away.
This person decides he doesn't want to pay rent or his utilities.
I tell him i will work with him since he is having a difficult time and so i do.
3 months pass and he keeps stringing me on.
Then i find out he has been getting financial aid all this time.
I ask him to leave, forget about past due rent, just go. Then he blocks me from Mothers home.
This is my place, he says ( nutty )

He has now been served a 3 day pay or quit.

What kind of person would take advantage of someones Mother dying?
I am glad to hear that none of you here are like this, i only wrote this to let others see the landlords side of things.
Personally, if i did that where i rent, i would be kicked out instantly, he is lucky i was soo
patient.
This is just to show that some landlords are nice.

Bad Karma for this dude.
Pretty much just happened to me. My Dad was killed in a hit and run 2weeks ago. He had 2 room mates
My Dad owned the house. They have no proof they paid this month's rent, no receipt, nothing to indicate they ever paid. (He was killed on the 29th, rent was due on the 1st) His receipt book has all the receipts from the time they moved in till April this year. All his personal papers are, thankfully, locked in his closet. They gave us access to his room and the house, until we gave them a 30 day notice. They immediately changed the locks and said we could only enter the house when they are there, or at their convienence. I'm listed as the landlord on the month to month lease, which prohibits changing locks. Dad hasn't even been buried yet, we need photos, Vet info, all manner of things. Plus, cause I lived with Dad till I got married a couple years ago, the furniture, fridge, dishes, flatware, microwave, and lots of other household items are mine! I only left them cause I didn't need them at the time and he would have had to buy all that for himself, which he couldn't afford to do.

To me, these people are the scum of the earth! We offered them the 30 days, no rent at all, so they'd have enough to find a new place...this is what we get! We served a 3 day notice today...Im looking forward to the day the sheriff walks their sorry butts out the door!

I've been a renter, and a GOOD renter. I was given a 30 day notice cause the landlord wanted to list the house. Got a great recommendation! They even tried to help me qualify to buy the house, but I was newly divorced....

NEVER thought this nightmare would happen to to my siblings and me! All we want to do is bury Dad, and we're at the mercy of these parasites.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:51 PM

823 posts, read 1,784,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedygirl View Post
Pretty much just happened to me. My Dad was killed in a hit and run 2weeks ago. He had 2 room mates
My Dad owned the house. They have no proof they paid this month's rent, no receipt, nothing to indicate they ever paid. (He was killed on the 29th, rent was due on the 1st) His receipt book has all the receipts from the time they moved in till April this year. All his personal papers are, thankfully, locked in his closet. They gave us access to his room and the house, until we gave them a 30 day notice. They immediately changed the locks and said we could only enter the house when they are there, or at their convienence. I'm listed as the landlord on the month to month lease, which prohibits changing locks. Dad hasn't even been buried yet, we need photos, Vet info, all manner of things. Plus, cause I lived with Dad till I got married a couple years ago, the furniture, fridge, dishes, flatware, microwave, and lots of other household items are mine! I only left them cause I didn't need them at the time and he would have had to buy all that for himself, which he couldn't afford to do.

To me, these people are the scum of the earth! We offered them the 30 days, no rent at all, so they'd have enough to find a new place...this is what we get! We served a 3 day notice today...Im looking forward to the day the sheriff walks their sorry butts out the door!

I've been a renter, and a GOOD renter. I was given a 30 day notice cause the landlord wanted to list the house. Got a great recommendation! They even tried to help me qualify to buy the house, but I was newly divorced....

NEVER thought this nightmare would happen to to my siblings and me! All we want to do is bury Dad, and we're at the mercy of these parasites.
So sorry for your loss and the nightmare you are going through now. I have a feeling these guys are going to trash and destroy the house before they leave.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:39 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,651,949 times
Sorry to hear about that. Terrible situation. If there's any consolation, it's remembering that life is unlikely to treat these people well. As in your situation, sometimes it works out only in tiny ways, like getting a good recommendation or keeping a good credit score. But things generally work out better for people who play the game honestly and treat others with respect.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,599 times
I was served a POQ in April 2013 the land lord gave us a few weeks to come up with ALL of the rent or quit we were 300.00 short so we moved. It is now June and I get a call from an attorney saying that we owe the landlord rent until someone moves into the house. How can that be they gave us an option beyond the 3 day POQ? And there suing for damages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento