Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 02:49 PM

209 posts, read 200,916 times

Advertisements

Thanks well beside the 4-8k repair estimate for the Zinsco panel there is that giant oak in middle of the yard that cannot be removed. Would 615k be a good deal for this home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 03:36 PM

572 posts, read 598,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacguy71 View Post
Thanks well beside the 4-8k repair estimate for the Zinsco panel there is that giant oak in middle of the yard that cannot be removed. Would 615k be a good deal for this home?
If you have hopes of putting a pool in then I'd check out if the oak interferes with those plans.

Old 01-26-2021, 05:08 PM

Yeah the oak is a pain to deal with which is why I ended up walking away. Other homes will come up.

Old 01-26-2021, 09:24 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,300,207 times
Too bad that deal didn't work out I am sure its frustrating.

For what its worth on the bike trail usually in April, you find these oak worms dropping from the oak trees on the parkway. Its not that big of a deal on the bike trail, but I imagine, it would be really annoying if it was falling in your pool. It sounds like you dodged a bullet here.

California Oakworm Management Guidelines--UC IPM

Old 01-26-2021, 10:51 PM

Thanks shelato. I am going to look at new construction this weekend in Lincoln and Rocklin. For what these older homes are selling for, I can get brand new construction. Will see what they are like. At least I won't get into stupid bidding wars anymore or have to do a free 2 month lease back nonsense to sellers.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:14 PM

45 posts, read 87,948 times
Quote:
Thanks shelato. I am going to look at new construction this weekend in Lincoln and Rocklin. For what these older homes are selling for, I can get brand new construction. Will see what they are like. At least I won't get into stupid bidding wars anymore or have to do a free 2 month lease back nonsense to sellers.
Just remember to factor in your HOA dues and, possibly, Mello-Roos tax.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:23 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,773,520 times
Quote:
Also remember that Lincoln and Rocklin are on PG&E with its PSPS program during windy times. Their rates are also higher than SMUD and Roseville Electric. Just more food for thought. Hope you find something that you love, wherever that is.

Old 01-28-2021, 10:04 PM

4,021 posts, read 3,300,207 times
Quote:
I think Lincoln and Rocklin are both excellent choices. The advantage of newer homes is that the newer homes have to meet the newer building standards and you are less likely to get stuck dealing with lead paint or asbestos or any of the other materials people in that age didn't recognize were dangerous. I also think in the newer neighborhoods they handle storm drainage better in the newer neighborhoods. On American River Drive between Shelby Ranch and Wilhaggen, they have this storm water collection pond and its uglier than sin. In the newer neighborhoods, they add some more open space around the area and turn this infrastructure open spaces that are more neighborhood assets than industrial eye sores. There is another one of these near Cal Expo where the Chicken Ranch Slough empties into the American River. In fact how they handled moving water through the Chicken Ranch Slough was just a wasted opportunity. Its mostly lined with concrete, where if you compare how Folsom turned Willow Creek and Humbug Creek into open spaces with bike trails and water features that area came out pretty well. Similarly if you look at how Lincoln handled Auburn Ravine, that has also turned into a pretty nice public space.

Old 01-28-2021, 11:02 PM

I checked and solar is an option in the new construction homes since they are pre-wired for that so it would cut down on energy costs. Also, I am looking at a few Streng homes that came on the market. I love the MCM design and they are super nice. I figure that if I get outbid, new construction is a possible choice. A co-worker went thru the bidding war madness last year and ended up buying new construction in Roseville and he has been pretty happy so far in spite of mello roos. Both new home construction sites don't have an HOA which is a plus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento