Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2022, 10:53 PM

7,600 posts, read 4,505,616 times

Advertisements

Is this really a thread about time being wasted at the County government level?

Read through the contracts they sign. It'll make your head spin. Government loafing is likely saving the taxpayer money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2022, 01:48 PM

256 posts, read 364,909 times
I feel like this is a perfect opportunity for you to mind your own business.

Old 02-27-2022, 10:07 AM
ct2

63 posts, read 42,462 times
I would MIND MY OWN BUSINESS, you dont know what their work at home agreement is or how many hours they actually are doing their job at home

Old 02-27-2022, 11:39 AM

979 posts, read 407,752 times
No harm in reporting them. They have nothing to worry about if they aren't doing anything wrong.
Use *67 when you call.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:45 AM

102,063 posts, read 106,896,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
No harm in reporting them. They have nothing to worry about if they aren't doing anything wrong.
Use *67 when you call.
Now here's a sensible post.

Old 02-27-2022, 11:54 AM

32,843 posts, read 12,107,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Report them anonomously from a payphone (if you can find one), or a burner phone, or send a letter w/o your info or return address.
I was at a large mall in Orlando 10 years ago, and I noticed all the pay phones were still there.

Just for kicks, I picked up each one as I encountered each one, and all of them were disconnected.

Old 03-02-2022, 06:54 PM

50,060 posts, read 46,579,059 times
After having worked for the City and seeing the behavior I'd say that is nothing new and nothing will be done about it. My department spent a lot more time "pretending" to work than actual work. Ever see a bunch of guys with orange vests and hard hats sitting on the boardwalk wall cat calling women going by. Ya, your tax dollars working hard there. All day long and not just lunch either.

Old 03-02-2022, 07:00 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,896,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
After having worked for the City and seeing the behavior I'd say that is nothing new and nothing will be done about it. My department spent a lot more time "pretending" to work than actual work. Ever see a bunch of guys with orange vests and hard hats sitting on the boardwalk wall cat calling women going by. Ya, your tax dollars working hard there. All day long and not just lunch either.
Eww.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:02 AM

5 posts, read 4,803 times
Well I finally sent in a complaint. They wanted proof, so I sent them 88 videos from my security camera over the course of 2 years of time fraud. The worker is a part of the union and his supervisor said the Union will always try to protect them but the video proof is irrefutable so they won’t have any grounds to stand on. Pretty much dug himself a HUGE grave. By a few slips of his Supervisor’s tongue, he stated that this employee has been written up before for tardiness and doing his job incorrectly. Supposedly the employee is very arrogant about receiving discipline as well and always runs to his shop stewards for help LOL. He’s also not a newer employee so he cannot use the excuse of not knowing the company’s policy about attendance and use of company time. I also located the contracts/agreements they sign to work from home. It’s states on there in plain English that you’re not to do anything other than work in the designated hours given. If still nothing is done, I will contact the Governor’s office. Luckily through contacts from a few good friends at the Governor’s office , I’m sure I’ll be able to hold this employee fully accountable and terminated since the Governor’s office has a zero tolerance for time theft. Nobody should be allowed to spend their time stealing paid hours that are funded by my tax payers. I was glad to hear the Supervisor thank me since they have no real way of monitoring remote employees abusing time.

It seems like the people commenting in this thread to “mind my business” are upset because they’re probably doing the same thing themselves and feel that a person like me is going to start a trend and get eyes on them.. Times are changing for the employee but that doesn’t give a free pass to abuse paid hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento