Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 03:42 PM

38 posts, read 178,558 times

Advertisements

Can anybody tell me what would be the closest apartments for rent near the university CSUS preferably in walking distance to the university. If there are any in walking distance are there any anyone can reccommend? Thank you for your time. bfire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 06:33 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,701,853 times
How many bedrooms do you want? What is your budget? and do you want a new complex or would you like something Vintage?

Old 07-12-2008, 08:03 PM

Question reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
How many bedrooms do you want? What is your budget? and do you want a new complex or would you like something Vintage?
Well a 2+2 would be nice if I could afford it as would a newer building with central air-conditioning but I'd settle on a 1+1 older building if neccessary as long as the building is kept up, decent with decent managers. My money limit is under $1,000 a month.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:53 AM

YOu can live anywhere from Midtown to East Sac - although they are older established areas - but there is a bus line that goes directly to the College along J st

www.midtowngrid.com

There are other apartment complexes on the other side of Howe, but when I went to Sac state they definately were not my cup of tea

Old 07-13-2008, 04:06 PM

Question re

I was hoping there might be some apartments close enough to CSUS that I could walk to CSUS without taking a bus, preferably short walk. If I got you right you're saying the closest apartments are a bus ride away in midtown area? Those apartments east of Howe it sounds like you're saying they're dumpy apartments?

Last edited by bfire52; 07-13-2008 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: reply to above

Old 07-13-2008, 08:44 PM

Depends on what you want - they are older, there is a spot called Campus Commans but it's kinda expensive

Most students either live in the suburbs and drive in or live in the Midtown area. Sac state is a "commuter" college - where more than 80% drive to school (maybe more)

Old 07-14-2008, 12:55 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,280,905 times
There are apartments in East Sacramento and across the river in Campus Commons that are a not-too-long walk away (or a short bike ride away) from Sac State. East Sacramento is an older but very nice neighborhood, Campus Commons is newer but more car-oriented.

If you're a CSUS student, riding the bus or Light Rail is free (just show your student ID with current semester sticker), so it's very convenient to hop on a bus going towards campus if you live near J Street in East Sacramento or along Howe Avenue.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:23 PM

1 posts, read 11,072 times
there are plenty of apartments near sac state that are walking distance. i live in a 2 bedroom 2 bath and rent is 800, the apartments are called university gardens and they are located on university ave. i get to school in about 15 min walking, there is also a lot on la riviera next to school, they are called the villas, college gardens, and university village all are have a pretty reasonable price. you can get a tour of each one.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:41 PM

4 posts, read 16,350 times
HI EVERYONE! I am new to this yet i need seriouse info on sacramento. I plan to attend Sacramento State University by either spring or fall this coming year. I need information on closest apartments,condo,townhouses. Also roomates, what is recommended? Should I house on campus? I have a feeling I can find a better place out in town. I am a broke college student am 22 years old and it is my last year in college. I am transfering from Merced. I attended CSU Stan and now Merced and now planning to do my last year in Sacramento. Need links to fun spots in town and running locations. I am an athlete/personal trainor. I do alot of cardio and need to know locations for running as well as housing. Well thank you hope to get some feedback!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento