Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2007, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 9,073 times

Advertisements

Is there such a thing as a nightlife in Roseville? My husband and I just moved here (30yo, no kids) and can't find anything outside of Sacramento that sounds interesting on the weekends. Within walking distance to our house is one semi-bar: the Half Court Sports Deli which only sells beer and is only open when there's a game on. Kinda lame. Someone told me about Mandango's Sports Bar, but I'm pretty sure that's lame.

I don't mind a good dive bar, karaoke bar, etc. so long as it's not attached to a Chili's, Elephant Bar, Claim Jumper, Applebee's, etc. You get the idea.

Am I crazy for hoping?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2007, 11:56 PM

914 posts, read 2,917,850 times
Well, do you want classy or a dive? If you want someplace sophisticated but tame, try The Town Lounge. It's a "piano bar" in the same center that has the Century movie theaters, on the corner of Lead Hill Rd. and Eureka Rd. There's a swanky new wine bar that just opened up called Crush 29. That is up the street from the theaters.

The nicest restaurant in town, La Provence, in West Roseville is beautiful. The food is good (French), a bit expensive, but the bar is kind of fun, and has a something of a reputation in town. For nice/casual, there's BJ's pizza and brewery across from the Galleria. Nice ambience inside, and they let you taste all the beers and microbrews for free. The bar is a pick-up place on weekends, but very lively and fun. For something a little more unique, there's fairly new restaurant called the Melting Pot, which is a fondue place and is supposed to be good.

If you want someplace funky and/or a dive, try the West House in downtown Roseville on Vernon St. It's been there forever, and has a reputation for being a blue collar bar. But lately it is been gentrified by city employees who go there after work, and it is attracting a somewhat younger crown who want to be cool, and go to an old school place like that. The crowd in and outside of the bar can be a little rough, though, as you've got the usual transients and winos hanging around downtown.

Hope these suggestions help! Roseville is still growing, and the city is working hard trying to attract a younger, hipper crowd to live and work there, so they are revamping their whole downtown, and I'm sure there will be new restaurants/bars/nightclubs included in the plans.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:10 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,424,364 times
There are some clubs in Sacramento. Get the Sacramento Bee Friday paper and it has pretty much everything in there for weekend activities. All else fails, its only an hour and a half to SF for clubbing. Hubby and I used to do that when we were younger. We would also drive up on a Friday night to hit a club or go see someone in Reno or Tahoe.

I grew up in Roseville and mind you it has been some time since I had a nightlife we usually went to Sac, SF or the Lake.

Good luck!

Old 01-22-2007, 01:45 AM

3 posts, read 14,702 times
Hey, Stacydances! My boyfriend was born in Roseville and he wishes he could
move back right now. We live up here in the worst city in Washington state,
"Spokane"!! Maybe, when we get our money straightened out, we both could move there? Plz! Respond back with latest updates on how the town looks now. We would appreciate that, dearly!!!

Old 01-22-2007, 04:15 AM

1,379 posts, read 6,424,364 times
It depends on when you left Honestly, it has grown so rapidly over the last 20 years it is hardly distinguishable. I grew up in Roseville and its funny, my uncle who was born there and lives in San Jose barely recognizes it. Granted he is in his mid 60's but its not that little train town anymore..thats for sure.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:58 PM
AJY

52 posts, read 236,926 times
Smile Roseville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shygal View Post
Hey, Stacydances! My boyfriend was born in Roseville and he wishes he could
move back right now. We live up here in the worst city in Washington state,
"Spokane"!! Maybe, when we get our money straightened out, we both could move there? Plz! Respond back with latest updates on how the town looks now. We would appreciate that, dearly!!!
Hi Shygal,
I lived in Roseville for 3 years and loved it! It's so clean and has so many great places to shop.It is very expensive but worth it.How many years ago was your husband in Roseville?
We moved to Coeur d'Alene Idaho and really don't like it and we hate it when we have to go to Spokane for anything, I feel for you
We are relocating to Reno NV, even though we love Roseville we don't love the taxes so we will be close enough to visit when we like.
I bet you will be in heavan moving from Spokane to Roseville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento