Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,965 times

Advertisements

I want to move closer to my children and grandchild who live in the Sac area, but want to be further east where hopefully it is cooler in the summer. I currently live in Oregon and have located Lake Oaks and Greenstone Estates Mobile Home parks for seniors in Diamond Springs and Shingle Springs on the internet. Does anyone know anything about these parks or know of any other nice senior parks around the area. If I make the drive down to check them out, I would appreciate some information from people who live in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 05:21 PM

15 posts, read 89,572 times
I don't know anything about the parks that you have mentioned, but I do know of one that is in Rancho Murieta that is a senior park. My Grandmother lived there all of my life until she passed away. It is a very nice park and they have a community center where they do things like potlucks, knitting clubs, geneology clubs, etc. They also have a pool and hot tub for residents as well as a little kiddie pool. They are also across the "street" (It's really Highway 16) from a very posh neighborhood that has a golf course on it. There are little lakes that you can get access to where you can fish and/or swim in. The park is located a little out in the country, but they have their own grocery store, bank, etc. My Grandparents' were very happy there and even though my Grandmother died in 99' I was recently out there about a month ago and it was still as nice as it always had been. Speaking as the Grandaughter of someone who lived out there, I thought it was a wonderful place for me to visit growing up!

Old 02-23-2009, 12:41 PM

534 posts, read 1,533,003 times
jossil, Greenstone Estates is a pretty little area, in the country, but only about 5 minutes to a freeway onramp. My mom is in her 80s and I had been eyeing that park for her!! Lots of deer and wild turkey in the area.

I think that Lake Oaks is the one off of Patterson Dr. It looks very well-kept. Patterson Dr itself can be an iffy area, but I've never heard of anyone bothering the mobile home park, and the park is very near the intersection of Mother Lode Dr (the main throughfare) and Patterson, so you wouldn't be going past the riff raff. It too has easy roads to get you to the freeway.

There are some icky parks in the county that you would want to stay away from (but you'll know it when you see it).

Rancho Murieta is a very nice place, as Brenna says, but you'd have to visit both areas to determine what you are looking for....Greenstone Estates is very country-roads type of living, and Rancho Murieta is more upscale (and lovely, too).

As far as heat, Rancho Murieta is in the low foothills of the Central Valley; the other two places are higher elevation, but we still get about 2 weeks of 100 degree heat in the summer. To be in a "cool" place, you'd have to go up to Pollock Pines, but you have to be very careful of the MHPs in that area, many are very iffy.

PM if I can help or guide you further...there may even be a county map with MHPs mapped on it, let me know if I can help you find it.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jossil View Post
I want to move closer to my children and grandchild who live in the Sac area, but want to be further east where hopefully it is cooler in the summer. I currently live in Oregon and have located Lake Oaks and Greenstone Estates Mobile Home parks for seniors in Diamond Springs and Shingle Springs on the internet. Does anyone know anything about these parks or know of any other nice senior parks around the area. If I make the drive down to check them out, I would appreciate some information from people who live in the area.
Lake Oaks is beautiful but if you have pets besure you understand their rule. NO fences of ANY kind, not even temporary. Cannot leave your pet outside to potty by itself. That Eliminates conveniences. (No doggie doors). This is simpley stupid, why allow pets if you can't have a small fenced area for them at your own site. We wanted this park as well..............NOT NOW! Check out Fulsom and Roseville areas. They have some really NICE places, especially in Roseville. Just north of Fulsom

Last edited by Sillystitcher; 06-29-2011 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: misspelled words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento