U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2007, 06:48 PM

2 posts, read 6,295 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the Sacramento area from out of state. After coming into the area for 48 hours and looking at apartments, we have narrowed it down to two areas: Greenhaven and Natomas. Natomas seems to be pretty cookie-cutter which doesn't really appeal to us, but it seems safe and convientant. We like the fact that Greenhaven's apartments are incorporated into the actual neighborhood (I5 and Florin area), but we really don't know much about the it.

Can anyone give us any advice, pro and cons, or personal experiences? Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2007, 07:25 PM

3,178 posts, read 13,751,450 times
I like Greenhaven - try to stay away from the Florin Area though - that part of Town is called South Sacramento, and it's gang laden, and the ghetto part of Sac.

I do notice you are sticking close by I 5 - is there a particular reason?

Old 03-10-2007, 09:11 PM

2 posts, read 6,295 times
We didn't really choose that spot. We just happen to find an apartment complex that we liked there. The complex was brand new, and seemed really nice. It was much more integrated into a neighborhood than any other apartment we found.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:19 AM

985 posts, read 2,605,419 times
Exclamation This will wake you up

Take a peek at this website about registered sex offenders

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/disclaim...x?lang=ENGLISH

I believe the zip code for Florin and I-5 is 95832 (if not, you can move the map till you find it). It will also let you search by address.

Sacramento neighborhoods change quality pretty fast. Just make sure that the apt complex is not chock full of sexual predators... some have a dozen or more (mainly on Mack road).

To put you a bit more at ease... I lived in South Sac for 2.5 years and never had any problems, I got along great with all my neighbors, even the ones who were known gang members (that might have been because he could see me park my Police car in the DW though). And yes, I know that most people would not be OK with that, so that's why "I'm Reporting, You Decide".

Last edited by Evlevo; 03-11-2007 at 01:20 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 03-11-2007, 03:23 PM

3,178 posts, read 13,751,450 times
There are other areas of Sac that are new - and cleaner then Greenhaven.

You should expand your search - btu then again you can rent there, and get to know of al Sac and move to an area you like better once you get your bearings

PS - You couldn't get me to live anywhere near South Sac
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or